** May 2020 Check In **

Haven't canceled my trip just yet. I need something to hang on to during this. Hope you are all doing well.

We haven't cancelled yet and I made my reservation today for Goofy's kitchen on our arrival day... I'm going with the assumption we will be cancelling with everything going on, but I'm going to hold out some small hope for a little while longer!

Our payment in full is due on April 3rd so I’m holding out until then. I want to see what they announce at the end of this month before deciding to cancel. It’s not looking good for them to be open the first week of May but we’ll see.

I’d love to move it to another time of the year but so far pretty much every week I’ve looked at appears to be closing to 1.5-2.5x our original cost for the same room/tickets that we have booked now. It’s already an expensive trip and I don’t feel comfortable with spending so much more when the economic outlook is so bleak.

We haven't cancelled yet. There's no penalty for my reservations, so I'll probably hold onto them until a few days before our scheduled trip. Things are changing so quickly that no one knows what the next month or so will bring. I'm hoping for positive revelations and treatments for the sick.

We have decided to cancel our trip. Just not worth it with my wife’s health conditions.

I'm sorry to hear about your trip, but glad that you're taking precautions to protect your family. Big hug!

We haven't cancelled yet. There's no penalty for my reservations, so I'll probably hold onto them until a few days before our scheduled trip. Things are changing so quickly that no one knows what the next month or so will bring. I'm hoping for positive revelations and treatments for the sick.

This has been my mom's and my plan of action. The only thing we have reserved is a hotel room that's fully cancelable up until the day of (we have APs so no ticket expiration worries). We've accepted this trip may have to be cancelled like our March one was (April is not a rescheduled trip; it was a second trip we were already planning in addition to the cancelled March trip), but there's no penalty for hanging on to the reservation until the last minute/once there's official word the parks are either still closed or we are still required to shelter in place.

It's been emotionally helpful to still hope it will happen even while accepting it likely won't.

Heading to VCG May 28 - Jun 4 for Annual Father/Son End of School trip. DW will be joining for a few days. Still monitoring and not 100% if the trip will happen.

For now, hoping for the best but in the bigger picture, not a huge thing to be worried about.

Stay healthy and safe during these surreal times.

It's been emotionally helpful to still hope it will happen even while accepting it likely won't.
This is so true...something about planning a trip just gives me a sense of normalcy, regardless of the outcome.

Heading to VCG May 28 - Jun 4 for Annual Father/Son End of School trip. DW will be joining for a few days. Still monitoring and not 100% if the trip will happen.

For now, hoping for the best but in the bigger picture, not a huge thing to be worried about.

Stay healthy and safe during these surreal times.
I've added you to the list! I love that you have this tradition with your son :)

We are still holding out for our trip. Unfortunately our DVC points we used will be gone if canceled (2019 points with a June UY). So fingers are crossed 🤞

We are still holding out for our trip. Unfortunately our DVC points we used will be gone if canceled (2019 points with a June UY). So fingers are crossed 🤞
Crossing my fingers for you too! I'm not sure if this helps (probably something you've already read), but it sounds like they may be working with people who are towards the end of their UY:

Temporary Updates to Our Cancellation Policy

We will automatically cancel any reservation scheduled for arrival during any closure. You do not need to cancel the reservation online or contact Member Services.

To make the process of changing reservations as smooth as possible, Disney Vacation Club has lifted the close-in reservation cancellation restrictions and will return any of your Points back as Vacation Points or Reservation Points without placing them into holding. Borrowed Points returned due to a cancellation of a Disney Vacation Club Resort reservation will not be placed in holding and will be returned to the Use Year they were borrowed from.

At this time, we have not made any changes to our Points banking or expiration policy due the impact this could have on future inventory availability. We understand this is of particular concern for Members with reservations affected by closures and/or the COVID-19 situation who may be toward the end of their Use Year. We are, however, currently evaluating various options to assist Members in this situation, but will need to delay any decisions until we better understand how long COVID-19 will impact our operations.

From: https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/travel-information/

I hope it works out for you either way!

I hope that works out for us, too - We're also using 2019 points (not DVC, though) that expire on June 1, which is why we planned the trip when we did.

A few updates:

Haunted Mansion falls off the refurb calendar on May 1st! I've added a note about the tentative reopening date.

It also looks like Gadget's Go Coaster has been added to the refurb calendar on Apr. 20th. It's been added to the possible refurbishment list.

We've been looking forward to our May 23-25 trip for awhile, staying at the VGC.

If the park doesn't open I'm hoping to replace it with a Thanksgiving trip, but I keep doing the Annual Pass calculations of ... if it opens after 8 weeks, 12 weeks how many more trips can I squeeze out of this AP? And will I know before 7 months so I can get a VGC reservation?

Interesting news, especially if the parks can open by May --
From this week's MP "DLR Update" (3/23-29/20):
Disney filed a permit with the city of Anaheim to allow them to keep the Food & Wine Festival Marketplace booths in use through September 7, 2020. We have no word from Disney about their plans, but an extended Food & Wine Festival would definitely help boost repeat attendance at Disney California Adventure, especially in conjunction with the opening of the Avengers Campus.

Interesting news, especially if the parks can open by May --
From this week's MP "DLR Update" (3/23-29/20):
Disney filed a permit with the city of Anaheim to allow them to keep the Food & Wine Festival Marketplace booths in use through September 7, 2020. We have no word from Disney about their plans, but an extended Food & Wine Festival would definitely help boost repeat attendance at Disney California Adventure, especially in conjunction with the opening of the Avengers Campus.

🤞 That would likely be my only chance to ever see Soarin over California again.

I'm putting my chances of getting to go at this point at maybe 20%. Something would need to fundamentally change vs the current situation - luckily the whole world has our smartest people on it.

I just booked a (fully refundable) late August WDW trip to make it up to my kids if this doesn't happen.

But man, I really want to show them Cars Land.

I haven't cancelled our trip yet either. Still hoping we can go but I have booked a hotel room for August just in case. Our flights and trip insurance should be able to be changed without loosing any money. Yay!

we are waiting closer time, we have plane tickets booked(but can change without fee) 5/23-30, staying with friends in Chino Hills 23-27, then staying in Anaheim 27-30, staying @ neighborhood hotel and doing CA 1 day, WB tour(if still doing those) and DTD. Our dd is in college so we have to go with her schedule so if we need too, we may rebook for August.

Our payment in full is due on April 3rd so I’m holding out until then. I want to see what they announce at the end of this month before deciding to cancel. It’s not looking good for them to be open the first week of May but we’ll see.

I’d love to move it to another time of the year but so far pretty much every week I’ve looked at appears to be closing to 1.5-2.5x our original cost for the same room/tickets that we have booked now. It’s already an expensive trip and I don’t feel comfortable with spending so much more when the economic outlook is so bleak.

You must be booked the same time we are May 3-8. I did find June 13-17 to be only $150 more but that cuts our trip from five nights down to four. We were finally going to take a day for Knotts but that is out as they already announced closing through “mid” May and if we are switching to June we will need to save those tickets/hotel night cost to make DL happen in June-just wondering if those dates are still pushing it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter