~May 7, 2011~ 7-night Eastern Caribbean Cruise on the Magic!

Hi,

We're booked on this cruise. Looking forward to it very much. We have been on several cruises before. This will
be our first one with Disney. Just paid it off today. Oh yea!

It will be both me and my husband, and college age daughter.

Woo Hoo!: cool1:

After reading everyone’s posts I thought I should provide a bit more background on who we are and how we ended up booking this cruise. So...

Me: Becca, a 28 yr old full time professional
BF: Frankie, turning 30 on the cruise
Us: We're from Northern California and live together with our dog Sophie.

So the last cruise I was on was the Big Red Boat (almost 20 years ago!). Frankie was on a cruise with his family in Mexico a year ago and saw one of the DCL ships in port (forget where) and was EXTREMELY jealous he wasn't on that ship (he’s pretty sure he saw a giant Wii bowling match on the Jubotron on the top deck….I’m pretty sure it was the adult beverages playing ticks on him – either way he’s been talking about it getting on that boat ever since).

So one night, while laying around in our onsie pajamas we decided the best idea was to research Disney Cruises and found this one that was sailing during his birthday and thought it was perfect since neither one of us had been to any of the islands on the Eastern itinerary. So I paid the deposit as part of his birthday present and have been so excited (and slightly obsessed in planning) since.

So since we've never been on a Disney Cruise or to any of these islands, any personal feedback you could provide us about Port Adventures would be great! I've read the Passporter book, which was extremely helpful but would love to hear from you!

We're also excited to participate in any meet ups or FE's that have been brought up on here.

Happy Monday!
Becca

Becca, I have added you to the FE list.

What does everyone think about a meet at Promenade Lounge on May 7th at 3:00pm? We can meet each other, :chat: update cabin numbers for FE participants that upgraded at port and still have time to get to the boat drill.

The list for the FE exchange is:

MinnieMeg (2) 2 adults

Whiskey in a Vase (7) 2 adults, DD7, DS3, + 3 adults

Dianatlol (3) 2 adults, DD10 Will your MIL & FIL be interested in the FE?

BeccaBeeHappy (2) 2 adults

MickeyManiacMom (4) 2adults, DD9, DS7

Is anyone else interested?

I'm interested in joining the FE!

It is myself and husband and our 2 kids, daughter Riley (9) and son Tyler (7) at time of sailing!

Hi, my name's Heather! Myself and my DH Bob will be sailing with you guys! Just us, no kids and it's our 1st DCL cruise. My DH has never cruised before, and it's been so long since my last cruise (like 10 years) that it feels like my 1st time too. :goodvibes

Has anyone decided on any excursions? I am leaning towards not doing one on St Maarten and just taking a taxi to Orient Beach and then maybe doing a St John tour of some kind. Not sure.... I'm open to any suggestions!!

Hopefully people wil start chatting on here more when it gets closer! I need to get some of this excitement off my chest and I am starting to feel like my friends and family are sick of hearing about it ;)

I am going on the 3 day on the Wonder leaving Dec. 16. I plan on booking this cruise with the discount onboard if there are still rooms available. It is looking about 3400 for a inside cabin for the 4 of us.

I am going on the 3 day on the Wonder leaving Dec. 16. I plan on booking this cruise with the discount onboard if there are still rooms available. It is looking about 3400 for a inside cabin for the 4 of us.

We are book just got off the Wonder for a 3 day cruise which wasn't nearly long enough! Decided to leave the kids at home on this one.

We unfortunately need to postpone our participation in this cruise....

My wife and I do get to participate in the Dream Magic Preview Cruise on Jan 23, 2011 but we need to leave the kids at home.

:-(

Enjoy your cruise!

Haven't been on for a while, with a new baby and Christmas coming I haven't had 5 minutes to check in. We would like to join in with the FE, DD, Lucy will be 4 and DS Matthew will be 8 months!

Bibbidibobbidiboo07 and krispykreme97, I have added you to the FE list.

The list for the FE exchange is:

MinnieMeg (2) 2 adults

Whiskey in a Vase (7) 2 adults, DD 7, DS 3, + 3 adults

Dianatlol (3) 2 adults, DD 10 Will your MIL & FIL be interested in the FE?

MickeyManiacMom (4) 2 adults, DD 9, DS 7

Bibbidibobbidiboo07 (4) 2 adults, DD 4, DS 8mos.

Krispykreme97 (4) 2 adults, DD 9, DD 2

Is anyone else interested?

Getting so excited!!!!

Has anyone decided which excursions they're doing?

DH and I are leaning towards Capt'n Nautica on St Thomas. :goodvibes

Anyone have any tips for a cruise newbie?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter