May Car Rental Codes

boxer

DIS Veteran
DVC Platinum
I know its a little early, but didn't see much posted for April/May timeframe? Actually, don't see near as many codes as I used to, so wondering if they are slowing being reduced, or taken away? I used to get some killer codes on here years ago, lol.

I know its a little early, but didn't see much posted for April/May timeframe? Actually, don't see near as many codes as I used to, so wondering if they are slowing being reduced, or taken away? I used to get some killer codes on here years ago, lol.
Yeah it sure isn't like it used to be. I usually like to use Alamo but I haven't been able to find anything worthwhile. Below are a couple of Budget codes.

Budget
Up to 35% Off BCD Code: B079506
BONUS ADD ON OFFERS: Free Car Upgrade: UUGZ039

Car rental deals haven’t been as good as they used to be. My process has been to book a rental through Costco and check it daily for rate changes. The best prices I’ve gotten occur anywhere from 2 months to 3 weeks before our trip. I’ve also used Autoslash to check for rates, but for me, they’ve never been able to beat what I get from Costco for onsite rentals (off-site rentals have been good, but I’m leery to use them). I did use Undercover tourist once because they’ve offered up to 50% off rates, but they haven’t been as good and they took away the option where you could buy a movie soda or popcorn to get it.

We always fly into Sanford and rent from Alamo. There were great codes prior to Covid. Since then the only code that I use and have success is the Visa code 7016350 or 7015504 for alamo. Back in January I did manage to get my rate at 375.00. I have a car booked for May. It started at $505 and now it has come down to $465.00. This is for a 9 day rental with a SUV.

I’ve found it far easier to use any/all of the third parties mentioned here. wherein you input all your affiliations etc. and they provide you with price quote. Just make sure cancellable.

A year ago I would have said Autoslash and you' won't find a better deal. That has changed, some system changes of the big three rental companies the deals aren't as easy to come by as they were. I have access to a very good leisure code through my wife's work that beats everything I've found elsewhere.

A year ago I would have said Autoslash and you' won't find a better deal. That has changed, some system changes of the big three rental companies the deals aren't as easy to come by as they were. I have access to a very good leisure code through my wife's work that beats everything I've found elsewhere.
can you share that, lol?

My DH has a work code thru Avis that was said to be among their best.

it’s good right out of the gate for a placeholder, however, I’ve been getting generally consistently better deals thru car rental savers/priceline/hertz as the date nears.

Auto slash hasn’t “won” for sometime, still price it out though.

It’s turned into a hobby:tilt:

We always fly into Sanford and rent from Alamo. There were great codes prior to Covid. Since then the only code that I use and have success is the Visa code 7016350 or 7015504 for alamo. Back in January I did manage to get my rate at 375.00. I have a car booked for May. It started at $505 and now it has come down to $465.00. This is for a 9 day rental with a SUV.
I couldn’t get either of these codes to work for me, struggling to find any codes at all other than the Alamo Insiders.

Looking for 5/24-6/3. Have a compact through Costco/Alamo for $575 right now. I know it will come down from that but I always travel this time of year and I feel like this may be higher than the price I generally start with. We shall see.

Looking for 5/24-6/3. Have a compact through Costco/Alamo for $575 right now. I know it will come down from that but I always travel this time of year and I feel like this may be higher than the price I generally start with. We shall see.
I got better rates with 7016350 and my Alamo Insiders number. Plus, Costco doesn't let you skip the counter, so I usually stay with Insiders/Codes.

I got better rates with 7016350 and my Alamo Insiders number. Plus, Costco doesn't let you skip the counter, so I usually stay with Insiders/Codes.
I’ve been able to skip the counter when I reserve through Costco. Costco gives you Alamo’s confirmation number and I’ve been able to do online check-in and prompted to skip the counter. I last did it in November.

Thanks for the code. I tried it and it is $20 higher than Costco right now. I will keep it and continue to check because you never know!

No movement on my rate thus far. Still $575 for 10 days. I wonder if it might be higher because Memorial weekend is part of my rental dates? In the past, I have traveled on Sunday or Monday of that weekend instead of Friday.

Costco rate for late May/early June down from $575 to $540 economy. I did find a AAA rate from Dollar for $450 for standard so I booked that. Dollar actually has a "managers special" for $400 but I will not book those anymore. On my last trip they told me the only option with managers special is an electric vehicle. To get something else, they wanted another $50 per day.

My rental through Alamo just went down a little.

5/24 - 5/31 = $389.00 for a Nissan Versa-type car.

Terrible compared to pre-covid rentals, but unfortunately pretty decent now.

My rental through Alamo just went down a little.

5/24 - 5/31 = $389.00 for a Nissan Versa-type car.

Terrible compared to pre-covid rentals, but unfortunately pretty decent now.
Yep....mine just went down about $40 for a 10-day rental!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter