May Med Magic - May 15 2010 - Meet thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch out for the fees that the foreign ATM itself charges though. I've been in countries where they charge as high as 1.1% (assuming you're taking out the maximum amount). In Barcelona, it seems that most of the ATMs charge no fees, but I did see one that wanted to charge 3 euro.

Oops, I might be wrong on that. I though we'd got money here a couple times, but it turns out our last withdrawals were in Granada and Sevilla (where I never saw a fee). I've only taken money out here once, and the first ATM wanted 3 euro, but the next one I tried was free. So, not much of a sample size :)

Is anyone flying British Airways worried about the strike? I read that voting (on whether or not to strike again) will end Thursday and the earliest strike date is May 14. That's the day we're leaving London for Barcelona!

There's no way we'd be missing the cruise due to an airline strike! We looked into booking a new flight to BCN and it was $800 pp:eek:! DH looked into the rail alternative (Rail Europe). It actually sounded like a neat experience spending the night in a sleeper rail car (except for the £778.50 fare for the 3 of us). But that's definitely Plan B if the strike happens on May 14 and Bristish Airways can't reschedule us.

We are on a BA flight as well, flying on the 14th at 15.25.

Reminder - the new thread is open and this one will be closed as soon as a moderator gets the message - can we move discussion to the part 2 thread, thanks

Hi guys

i have started a part 2 thread.

I figured we were getting so carried away that we should make sure we had the opportunity to start the new thread AND let everyone know - rather than it getting closed automatically with no new thread available.

It can be found here...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2460433

Add it to your subscriptions...

And there's a fun game to play in it too - with prize!

Hi

I want to buy my colosseum ticket on line but they ask what time I want, not sure which train I will be able to get so I don't know what time to book :confused3

Any advice ?? Also with wich site did you booked ?
In 8 days I will be flying to Europe for the first time Yee:banana:

Jeff,

I just realized that I never PMd you about getting lanyards for our group.
Any chance that it is not too late?

We are Cameron (42) Kim (41) Deven (18) and Kelsey (17)

Thanks so much for your incredible efforts on all of our behalf.
You are a huge blessing to us all.

Thanks,
Kim:)

Not a problem Kim. I've run out of the lanyards but will definitely make the namecards. If you've cruised on DCL before, you'll get Castaway Club lanyards when you check in anyway. :)

We too would like to request our lanyards/nametags if it is not too late. We are Bruce, Tracy and Hunter :rockband:

Will do the nametags, but I'm out of lanyards.

BTH - Marriott Airport

We would love to do this but we will be arriving at the airport that evening and are not really sure what time we would get in. What time are you all planning on going there? We may have to wait to do this when we return from the cruise.

BTH

The first show at the fountain is at 9 pm. We're planning on getting there a half hour or so early.

My TA just got euros yesterday for 1.28 and with their fee it came to 1.31!!!! When did you get that rate? It must really be dropping fast!

I still need to get some...at least now I know what the going rate is and can shop around. :thumbsup2

Thank you to all you wonderfully knowledgable people for this great site and all the info :love:, Just wanted to say Hi im Charlotte(32) from the Kent in the uk i am travelling with my hubby Rob (33) and my disney princess mad d/d Piper 4 and captain cook lovin ds Leyton 2!!! Its our forst ever cruise, disney experience and family hols abroad (first flights for my bubs but only 2 hours so should be ok):confused3 Only booked in jan on a spare of the mo thing as never ever heard of the disney cruise but am soooooooooooooooo glad we did!!!! Havent booked any excursion as my two are young and difficult (Not happy to leave on board yet plus have seen alot of europe) So plan on enjoying full potention of the boat!!!!!
Am concerned about our flight as wont get into barc til 2!! know its only 30-40 mins so hopling to grab a taxi and get there before 4!!!!!!!!ahh Flights home is a pain to have to be at airport at 8am so will miss alot!!! (would change but cost more than the hols) Any one else on my easy jet flights!!!

Cant wait to meet all you fab people oh and called iglu today to find out when we were eating they said they would request early for us but seems you all know yours???? Am gonna make my own FE and fill in for my two, will also add so bits to radom ones i see(i will put a tag so you know who the strangers is) lol xxxxxxxxx

I was just wondering....are there plenty of hangers in the wardrobes or should i pack some???

Hi Charlotte, We had enough hangers, but we tossed in some clothes pins too. They came in handy for keeping drapes closed or hanging out some items to dry. Can't wait to meet you!
Karen:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter