Melissa & Nicolas' wedding planning - Aug. 1 2015

It's Tasty Too

This was my very last visit of my visit trip and what a deception... I was getting rave reviews of this place and I guess I just got Heather on a bad day :(
Her cake quote was at a great price (the cheapest), but I decorate cakes myself and this is what I got:

No welcoming, I came into an empty shop (which was pretty hard to find even with a GPS)... I was a lone for a couple of minutes and had to shout out "Hello????.... anyone here????"

Heather gave me a plate with all the different kinds of cakes and fillings... and a list.
5 minutes later, she showed up and asked me which cake flavor and fillings I wanted.

Sorry, but...I don't know exactly what I want... furthermore!
She didn't have a buttercream for me to taste?!! I mean, this is the main icing that you ice cake with and you didn't have any?

There were alot of (after I asked for some suggestions) "this cake goes really well with this icing, but I don't have it now"...

I'm sorry but this just doesn't pass even though you have the greatest price out there. I'm from out of town coming to see you for my wedding cake, not for grandma's 74th birthday!

I'm going with another company a Swalphin bride has suggested even though it will be more expensive that It's Tasty Too...
I'd rather go with a company more expensive which I have not tasted, than with Heather.
Sorry - but this is how business goes. I wonder sometimes if she had done a bad visit by purpose??...

So excited for the new Four Seasons to open!!! It already looks amazing! We got married at an area hotel too (Marriott World Center), and although it ended up costing us more than if we went with Disney, it was the best decision ever! Best of luck!

One year exactly to the big day!! I'm about to put my first deposit for the photographer!!

Your posts have been so informative. Thanks for being so detailed. Can't wait to read more about your wedding plans.

I agree! Posts have been very informative!

I don't see S&D weddings on here too often. I like it though, because they were my second choice. They are much more economically-priced than DFTW (unless you have a reception...that's where it gets spendy). It's a pretty location though, and you can still have a DP and have the characters come. I think they're a bargain.

Look forward to reading more as time goes on. Subscribing to the thread!

Tiffiny

I love the detail you're going into! As a fellow bride in the trenches of the planning process your thoughts, reviews, and alternatives have been super helpful!

Very informative post. Thanks for sharing. Too bad your meeting with It's Tasty too went so badly. I can totally understand why you would want to use someone else. You are paying for a service, you should expect some more professionalism!
Oh, love your shoes by the way, soooo cute!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter