Melissa's Planning Journal - Feb 8th, 2008 - Final Update Before Leaving

DF and I went shopping for wedding rings yesterday and ended up buying them.

is mine (in fact the ring above it is similar to my engagement ring too.

is his

we had looked at some online before so we had an idea with what we were going to get.

Very nice any plans of being a imagineer in the future? Great school by the way...I love the campus!

Btw I just noticed your title under your name lol, care to fill us in on the story...In my post/subscriptions there is a driving thread with some stories lol im sure yours would be entertaining to share:rotfl2: .
Maybe one day I'll be an imagineer :D

My tag was based on a thread about awkward things children do and someone's kid being naked at a birthday party. In it I replied that I once got sick when my family was driving up to North Carolina for a weekend trip. It was bad enough for me to have to be unclothed on the side of the road before we turned around to go back home. Thus, I gave all of I-95N a peep show when I was like 4/5.

We are going on the same cruise!!
We get married in Dec. but the cruise leaves the same day as our wedding
so we decided to have our honeymoon in Feb.
That way we can also celebrate Valentine's day on the boat!

All your plans sound great! I love the idea of adding African elements to your wedding...can't wait to see pics!
Awesome!!
You should join the current cruise thread we have going on. There are a few us of honeymooning on this cruise (one girl is actually getting married on board)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1278484

I've been busy so sadly I haven't had time to update.

* We have gotten Ron Rosenweig to officiate our wedding
* Bought some beach brown take out boxes for our favors...now just to figure out what would go in them well besides the tropical rubber duckies.

*Started looking at wedding dresses:
Is the one I like most so far:

But I still haven't found a nearby store that sells alfred angelo bridal (bridesmaid yes but not bridal) and there are a couple dresses I saw on their website that I want to check out first. I'm going to go tomorrow and drive to the cape and boston to check them out, hopefully.

Great plans so far...I can't wait to hear more as you get closer to your wedding day!

So after talking to my parents and my fiance, we've decided that there is no way Shaun and I aren't going to see each other before we get married. (yes, I know its 'bad luck' but we really aren't that superstitious. Since our ceremony is at 2pm...there really isn't much time to eat lunch that day. We're debating between having a group breakfast for all 10 of us at either Chef Mickey's or Ohana's. I'm leaning more towards Chef Mickey's because everyone has more of a selection of what they want to eat rather than the limited selection at Ohana's.

We did a compromise before our wedding. We spent the night together at the YC the night before the wedding. Got up at the same time, grabbed breakfast, then went back to the room. He got up, got dressed, and left (wandered around looking for our family, set up the favors and such in the gazebo, and hung out with our officiant grabbing coffee). Once he was gone, I got up and got dressed. That way, he technically *saw* me, but he had no idea what I was going to look like until I walked down the aisle. We didn't stress about him seeing me and I still got the big ta-da. Both sides win!

We did a compromise before our wedding. We spent the night together at the YC the night before the wedding. Got up at the same time, grabbed breakfast, then went back to the room. He got up, got dressed, and left (wandered around looking for our family, set up the favors and such in the gazebo, and hung out with our officiant grabbing coffee). Once he was gone, I got up and got dressed. That way, he technically *saw* me, but he had no idea what I was going to look like until I walked down the aisle. We didn't stress about him seeing me and I still got the big ta-da. Both sides win!

Yeah, I agree with doing it that way. I'm not letting him see me in the wedding dress until the ceremony. He is going to leave with his parents after breakfast and go to their resort to get ready. My mother and his sister are going to go with me back to my room and help me get ready.

I mainly live in MA since that is where I go to college, but I go to St. Augustine a couple times a year to visit home. I graduate in December and will end up whereever I get a job, hopefully back south.

We have a guest list of 8.
My mother + her husband (traveling from St. Augustine, FL)
My father + his wife (traveling from Keystone Heights, FL)
Fiance's parents (traveling from Carver, MA)
Fiance's sister (traveling from Boston)
Fiance's grandmother (traveling from Arizona)

I'm thinking of adding some African elements to the wedding since I have for the most part enjoyed my time over here. I'm thinking of having our rehearsal dinner at Jiko's instead of Yachtman's.

On Friday, my fiance and I are going to go shopping for our wedding rings.

I'll be so happy to be home soon and get on the ball with wedding planning.

WOW! Small small world... my dad lives in Keystone Heights and my mom lives almost in St Augustine! WEIRD!!!!

Oh, I envy all of you who live in FL. :sad1: I wanted to move there asap after I graduated in Dec, bud DF is strongly against it. So, I'm stuck here in icky ol' Michigan.

Oh, I envy all of you who live in FL. :sad1: I wanted to move there asap after I graduated in Dec, bud DF is strongly against it. So, I'm stuck here in icky ol' Michigan.

I moved to florida from texas after the birth of my second son and not a day went by that I didn't regret it! Perhaps, it was because we lived in Ft Lauderdale. It's expensive, humid, the people are rude, and it's a horrible place to raise a family. I lived there 5 years before I couldn't take it any more. I always thought it would grow on me...it didn't! I now live in SC and we really like it here. The people are so nice, the schools are great, and we can actually afford our house! Now...if we could just get this state to sell beer on Sunday, we'd be in heaven!! :laughing:

*Edited to add that the only good thing about living in Fl was the Fl resident discount that Disney offers...but even that is not nearly as good as it used to be.

As soon as I graduate, I want to move back to Florida...North Florida. I hate the snow of New England.

I moved to florida from texas after the birth of my second son and not a day went by that I didn't regret it! Perhaps, it was because we lived in Ft Lauderdale. It's expensive, humid, the people are rude, and it's a horrible place to raise a family. I lived there 5 years before I couldn't take it any more. I always thought it would grow on me...it didn't! I now live in SC and we really like it here. The people are so nice, the schools are great, and we can actually afford our house! Now...if we could just get this state to sell beer on Sunday, we'd be in heaven!! :laughing:

*Edited to add that the only good thing about living in Fl was the Fl resident discount that Disney offers...but even that is not nearly as good as it used to be.

That is why I live in North Florida!! I have to work in South Florida often and I hate it!!!
I lived in Greenville for 2 years (DH is from Powdersville!) and I didn't like it at all. Mostly because it's the worst city in the country for allergies!

I like the first one but I also think you really have to see it on to decide!
I went to the bridal salon with a handful of pictures and walked out with a dress that was completely opposite!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter