Melissa's Planning Journal - Feb 8th, 2008 - Final Update Before Leaving

I like the first one but I also think you really have to see it on to decide!
I went to the bridal salon with a handful of pictures and walked out with a dress that was completely opposite!!

oh I've tried these all on

i've tried on about 40 dresses in the past 3 days
these are my top 5 of those

oh I've tried these all on

i've tried on about 40 dresses in the past 3 days
these are my top 5 of those

gotcha! Did you take pictures??
I wish I had taken pictures of me in the dresses and then decided!
I kinda bought on impulse but I was running out of time.

gotcha! Did you take pictures??
I wish I had taken pictures of me in the dresses and then decided!
I kinda bought on impulse but I was running out of time.

some of the shops wouldn't let me take pictures of me in the dress so no :(

Next weekend, I'm going to try to get my future sister-in-law to go with me to the shop and compare the top two I pick so I can get a deposit down soon.

I live in Miami and I can attest to the fact that there are a lot of rude people here. As soon as you get out of Miami-Dade/Broward you start to see such a change in attitude. I went to Tampa recently and loved it; North Florida>South Florida. Problem is I don't know if I can ever get accustomed to cold weather since I've always lived in Miami and get really cold easily. (I've never seen snow :( )

Anyhow, I think dress #2 is really pretty and unique. I love that you have an lj. lj power. heh

I live in Miami and I can attest to the fact that there are a lot of rude people here. As soon as you get out of Miami-Dade/Broward you start to see such a change in attitude. I went to Tampa recently and loved it; North Florida>South Florida. Problem is I don't know if I can ever get accustomed to cold weather since I've always lived in Miami and get really cold easily. (I've never seen snow :( )

Anyhow, I think dress #2 is really pretty and unique. I love that you have an lj. lj power. heh
I never saw snow before I went to college in MA.
My first experience with snow was a dumb one. My boyfriend (now fiance)
and I were going to dinner when I noticed that there was snow on the ground! I had to make my first snow angel! I totally didn't think about how I was getting a wet backside from it...I froze on the way walking to his car.

I am not a fan of snow...this florida girl likes her sun.

I ended up deciding on this dress:

Except in ivory

Also, Shaun and I decided against doing the 7 day Western Cruise for our honeymoon.
We are now doing 7 Days at WL in a Woods View Room.

I ended up deciding on this dress:

Except in ivory

Also, Shaun and I decided against doing the 7 day Western Cruise for our honeymoon.
We are now doing 7 Days at WL in a Woods View Room.

What a beautiful and really unique dress. That is going to be so pretty. Sounds like a great choice for your honeymoon. WL is so pretty and romantic.

So Sunday I'm going to my future in-laws by myself to help them plan their trip. Apparently, Shaun's mother went into AAA and was refused service by them until it was September. So I'm going to go down for the day and explain everything to her like
Hotels
Dining
Ticket Options

I've already been told they don't really have a budget (well, they wont be going concierge or anything) since she things this will be their only time they will go to Disney so they want to do it right so that at least helps some, so this should be fun. (Little does she know that once she has grandchildren and Shaun and I buy our DVC she is going again)

So Shaun's Parents are staying the Wilderness Lodge from Sunday, February 3rd to February 9th, which works out nicely.

I'll be posting later tonight the tentative plans of the honeymoon/wedding. I'm just waiting to decide on a couple things.

February 5th, 2008 - MK
Leave BOS:
Arrive MCO:
ME to Poly: Arrive @ 1pm.
Check into Poly
Check out resort
Lunch @ Captain Cook’s
Either: attraction or two at MK while meeting up with Shaun's parents or Shaun Rests/Mel gets Pedi/Mani from Grand Floridian Spa
Dinner @ Citricos @ 6:30pm
Drink from Bar @ 8:00pm (got to get a backscratcher/lapu lapu)
Back to Room @ 8:30pm

February 6th, 2008 – Epcot
Breakfast
Walk to TTC
At Epcot @ Opening (9am)
Only attraction – Soarin
10 AM – Honeymoon Photo Shoot with DPS
Shaun’s Pick – Japan
Mel’s Pick – France
Alt – England or Italy
12 PM – Lunch – Sushi/Tempura
1 PM – Some Future World Attractions
6:30 PM - Dinner – Le Cellier

February 7th, 2008 - MGM
Breakfast
MGM @ Opening
12 PM – Lunch – Sci-Fi Diner
6:30 PM – Rehearsal Dinner – Yachtsman Steakhouse

February 8th, 2008 – Wedding Day
8:30 AM - Breakfast – Kona Café – 10 people
10 AM – Hair – Ivy Trellis
11 AM – Back to Room with Mother – Get Dressed
2:30 PM – Ceremony
3 PM – Toast, Cake, First Dance (Thank You for Loving Me by Bon Jovi)
3:30 PM – Pictures Around Poly & GF
5:30 PM – Dinner – Victoria & Albert’s – 10 People

February 9th, 2008 – NON PARK DAY
9 AM – Wake Up
10AM – Check Out of Poly & Meet Limo
10:15 AM – Check into Wilderness Lodge
10:45 AM – Fantasia Golf
12 PM – Downtown Disney/WPE Lunch
1:40 PM – Leave Downtown Disney
2 PM – Back to Wilderness Lodge (hopefully we have a room by then)
3 PM – Water Mice
4 PM – Clean Up
6 PM – Dinner – Artist Point

February 10th, 2008 – AK
Arrive @ Opening
12 PM – Lunch – Yak & Yeti
6:30 PM – Dinner – Cinderella’s Royal Table

February 11th, 2008 – Epcot
Arrive by 10am
12 PM – Lunch – Coral Reef
7 PM – Dinner – Chefs de France

February 12th, 2008 – MK
Arrive near opening
12 PM – Lunch – Counter Service
7 PM – Dinner – Narcossee’s

February 13th, 2008 – MGM/Pleasure Island
10ish – Arrive at MGM/ Do Shows, Whatever we didn’t do on the 8th,
back to the room for nap/relaxing
7 PM – Dinner – Raglan Road
Pleasure Island

February 14th, 2008 - MK
Sleep In
12 PM – Lunch – Counter Service
7 PM – Dinner – California Grill

February 15th, 2008 – Animal Kingdom
10am – Arrive at Animal Kingdom
12 PM – Counter Service
7 PM – Dinner – ??????? (TBA)

February 16th, 2008 - ????

Leave MCO:
Arrive BOS:

Only thing we may add is the Pirate and Princess Party if there is one next year.

I also realize the first 5 days are wicked planned out, they just kinda happened that way because of thats when I could get the photo shoot and shaun's parents being with us for the first couple days too.

wow, I couldn't imagine planning out that much detail that far ahead (although I think I may not have a choice). You intinerary sounds great!!! POLY?? I'm jealous! :love:

Congrats,
Maggie

wow, I couldn't imagine planning out that much detail that far ahead (although I think I may not have a choice). You intinerary sounds great!!! POLY?? I'm jealous! :love:

Congrats,
Maggie

Haha...that much planning happened the week I had absolutely nothing to do at work since none of my projects were going on or had contractors on site so I had to figure out some way to entertain myself, hence the wicked planning. Had to be productive in some regard.

Haha...that much planning happened the week I had absolutely nothing to do at work since none of my projects were going on or had contractors on site so I had to figure out some way to entertain myself, hence the wicked planning. Had to be productive in some regard.

If you don't mind me asking, what is it that you do? Are you an Interior Designer or Arcitect etc.?

If you don't mind me asking, what is it that you do? Are you an Interior Designer or Arcitect etc.?

I'm studying to be a Mechanical Engineer.
Currently I'm working as a Project Management.Reliability Engineering Intern for a biomed company for the summer, which may turn into a part time job during the next semester.

But I still haven't found a nearby store that sells alfred angelo bridal (bridesmaid yes but not bridal) and there are a couple dresses I saw on their website that I want to check out first. I'm going to go tomorrow and drive to the cape and Boston to check them out, hopefully.

:wave2: HI Neighbor!

I :love: your dress. I also had a color accented dress -
ceremony_001.jpg
So I guess I'm kind of partial :-)

Removed because you already got your dress ... It's not completely near by but ... Marry & Tux in Nashua sells Alfred Angelo Bridal gowns. I got mine there :-) They have an awesome selection and they were great to work with.

:wave2: HI Neighbor!

I :love: your dress. I also had a color accented dress -
ceremony_001.jpg
So I guess I'm kind of partial :-)

Removed because you already got your dress ... It's not completely near by but ... Marry & Tux in Nashua sells Alfred Angelo Bridal gowns. I got mine there :-) They have an awesome selection and they were great to work with.

Thanks!

I ended up getting my dress from Chrisanne's Bridal in Auburn. The girl I was working with there was really nice and helpful, oh and organized too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter