Member Cruise for 2016

I knew there was a reason I liked you! I teach calculus. :teacher:

I keep thinking we REALLY don't need any more points, but it's so fun inviting family to join us. The family will probably come out of the woodwork to join us in Hawaii. :)

Wow! I've taught AP Calculus as well!

Simba's Mom has a math teaching background, we formed a friendship here and have met numerous times!

Bobbi

Good for you!

Our plans have been in flux.....we have a "buyer" for our Ohio house since May, but as of today, they have not secured a mortgage. It seems unreasonable, but apparently they did not truly begin looking until very close to the original closing date, July 29! We had movers take our furnishings to storage because we thought they were ready.

Our plans were to move to FL, hence we would not need over 1400 points! Well, our patience has reached the end...we will be moving back to Ohio next week if things do not happen by Friday. Luckily, we have a second home in Cape May where I have recovered from my bilateral knee surgery in April. So, if house sells, we sell some points, if not we keep points and use DVC especially during months of January through March. However, the extra cost of Annual passes that include NYE means we will not be going to WDW over NYE as we have done and enjoyed for 6 years!

As I indicated earlier, if we could spend part of January or February in Aulani I would do so, even if it meant giving up Member Cruises to use the money for airfare,
Oh, Bobbi...so sorry to hear it didn't work out. Sounds like they were not that serious and the realtor dropped the ball. Wish we were closer cuz Tony's job hunt isn't going as planned and we are thinking about buying here until Mags is ready to graduate. Be sure to let us know if you two wonder up toward Toledo. We would love to see you!

April! OK, I will keep a stop in Toledo in mind if we head north. Likewise, if you travel to your in laws, Dayton is along that route. We are nearest the Austin Pike exit, I 75. Tom is going there this week to meet the movers, and begin setting up our house. I still have 4 Doctor appointments between now and Thanksgiving and my mom is here in NJ, so I will back & forth a lot!

I can't find the April 4th 4 night Bahamas cruise on the DCL website anywhere. Any chance that could be a member cruise or is it too late for planning? (Or am I just somehow missing it and it is on the website...?)

They have hinted that it's going to be unlike what they have done before. I lean towards something out of NYC.

I agree. I've done some searching and don't see any gaps leaving out of PC. I wish they would just announce it. I'm working on my 2016 plans now like most DVC members) and can't commit to airfare until I know.

Last edited:
We are running out of patience....waiting...hoping for NY. My biggest clue was that one of the "official" DVC posts from our DVC cruise to Alaska this year used my door as one of the ways people decorate their doors. Maybe?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 21
Nice! I do think that's what it will be, out of NYC.

If it went out of nyc most likely it will go north. If it went to cc it would have to be a 7 night trip. It would be priced out of our reach if that happens. One of the perks of the members cruise is the double dip to castaway cay.

Rumor I am hearing from friends that work for DVC is that the next Member cruise will be only a 4 night, as has generally been the case, and that it will be in September. I have not yet heard what port it will embark from but it's fun to speculate! :fish:

The gap that I know of is on the Magic. It arrives in NYC from Barcelona on Sept 28, and leaves for a 5 night Canadian cruise to St. John, New Brunswick and Halifax Nova Scotia on October 2.

So a 4 night cruise could go to just one of those ports, I suppose.

I do want to take a cruise out of NYC and pass the Statue of Liberty. RCCL cruises out of Bayonne, the town I grew up in, but does not pass the lady. So, I suppose in spite of my desire to save money for airfare to Aulani, I may have to look elsewhere for the savings. I will either book the MC if it is then, or if not, DH and I have our eyes on the one that sails out of NYC to San Juan.

Last edited:
I could not care less about the carry on alcohol policy. It won't change our plans. We don't carry on when sailing RCCL or Princess.

Am looking forward to the announcement!

We've never done the MC but are thinking of it in 2016. Had our heart set on a double dip to CC. Guess we'll decide when the info comes out. We are thinking of booking a cruise in October/November 2016 so really need the info to come out so we can decide and book.

Say Hello to New York City with the 2016 Member Cruise!
Disney Vacation Club is thrilled to announce the 2016 Member Cruise, sailing September 28, 2016, aboard Disney Magic from New York City for the very first time!

Mark your calendars for next fall and join us on a magical sailing to remember. This 4-night journey elevates the already extraordinary Disney Cruise Line experience with a broad range of exclusive entertainment and special touches created with Members in mind. During this voyage, Members and Guests will have the chance to visit the beautiful Halifax, Nova Scotia, known for its natural harbors, whale watching opportunities, diverse culinary delights including craft breweries and winery experiences, and a 10-block waterfront boardwalk shopping area. Rounding out the Member Cruise experience are two entertainment-filled days at sea where Members and Guests are able to explore Disney Magic, enjoying everything that’s included from the thrill of the AquaDunk, a wild water coaster, interactive Youth Clubs featuring MARVEL’s Avengers Academy, to gourmet rotational dining inside whimsical restaurants.

Members sailing on the Member Cruise may enhance their Empire State experience by booking an exclusive Adventures By Disney New York City itinerary that will unfold during the four days prior to the voyage. As part of this trip, Members and Guests will get incredible access to a variety of uniquely New York experiences, including a taping of Good Morning America, backstage access at the historic New Amsterdam Theatre, a chance to learn Broadway choreography, VIP seating at Broadway’s Aladdin, a visit to the National September 11 Memorial & Museum and a tour through the Lower East Side Tenement Museum.

For more details on both the 2016 Member Cruise and the exclusive Adventures by Disney itinerary, please visit the Member Benefits section of disneyvacationclub.com, located under the My DVC Membership tab. Bookings for experiences begin November 15, 2015.
Likes (63)this Disney Vacation Club Story
1 Commentson this Disney Vacation Club Story
ShareDisney Vacation Club Story

Yes saw the info on fb. Not interested. Now I can move forward with my plans

Actually quite disappointing. The points are outrageous. Thanks but not thanks. The Member Cruise shouldn't be listed under benefits....it isn't to our benefit to be robbed of our points. So sad....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter