• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Member Cruise for 2016

Actually, there was only one, a 5 night cruise to St John, and Halifax, leaving NY on October 2. The other cruises leaving out of NYC head to Bahamas, port Canaveral. Then there is a repositioning cruise to San Juan that leaves on Nov 5.

The October 2 cruise has 1 cabin left, concierge, 1 bedroom. Definitely costs a lot more than the Member Cruise.

Wow! I'm glad that we booked when it first opened, and planned to just cancel if the DVC Member Cruise to Canada became a reality. We have the 10/2 5 Night Canadian Cruise booked for $1325pp in Cat 9A. It was crazy booking on opening day. I wonder how many people will end up cancelling, or if it will actually go out full.

We're also on one of the 7 Night Bahamian Cruises out of NYC. Those include a day at WDW (incl. tickets). We have Cat 7A on that one for $1820pp.

Both cruises are substantially less pp than the 4 night Member Cruise. We were looking forward to another Member Cruise, but I think we'll keep what we have.

Thanks for posting those opening prices on the other cruises. Do those above rates for the 5 and 7 nt NYC cruises include any OBB discounts?

I agree the upcharge for the Member Cruise is high.

too bad the 5 nt. cruise is sold out.

Thanks for posting those opening prices on the other cruises. Do those above rates for the 5 and 7 nt NYC cruises include any OBB discounts?

I agree the upcharge for the Member Cruise is high.

too bad the 5 nt. cruise is sold out.

No. They were blacked out from discounts at opening.

Just checked the DCL website again and 2 GTY categories did show up for the 5 nt. NYC cruise on 10/2.

Cat 5B GTY - $2380/pp + tax
Cat 11A GTY - $1290/pp + tax

compared to the 4nt. Member Cruise:
Cat 5B - $2322 / 11A - $1622

Interesting how the verandah is higher and the inside is lower.

If you compare them on an equal basis and reduce the 5 night cruise to 4 nights (2380÷5=476; 476X4=1904). It would give you a better comparison. But does the DCL website include port charges and fees, plus tips?

right. There are additional fees to consider. the DCL website price includes port charges but still has added tax and gratuity. The Member Cruise price includes everything.

The Member cruise has always been at a premium. We just need to decide if the allure of a less crowded charter and special events are worth a shorter cruise at a higher price when choosing one over the other. I have a room on hold for the 10/2 sail right now just in case we rule DVC out.

right. There are additional fees to consider. the DCL website price includes port charges but still has added tax and gratuity. The Member Cruise price includes everything.

The Member cruise has always been at a premium. We just need to decide if the allure of a less crowded charter and special events are worth a shorter cruise at a higher price when choosing one over the other. I have a room on hold for the 10/2 sail right now just in case we rule DVC out.

I wouldn't count on it being less crowded. The 2 Member Cruises I was on were VERY crowded. They usually sail at or close to capacity...

Making plans to book this on Sunday! I do hope they celebrate 25 years in style.

Just found this thread... We live in NJ and are interested in this years member cruise... I was trying to go back to find anything on the pricing... Is there such a thing. If so could someone bump it for me :)
thank you

brianheen post: 54717242 said:
Just found this thread... We live in NJ and are interested in this years member cruise... I was trying to go back to find anything on the pricing... Is there such a thing. If so could someone bump it for me :)
thank you

Check the DVC website. The pricing is listed there.

thank you
Cash/Point Rates can be found here: https://secure.cdn4.wdpromedia.com/media/dvc/catalog/resorts/cruise/2016MCPointChart.pdf

Resale restrictions apply:
Effective, March 21, 2011, Members who do not purchase their ownership interests directly from Disney will not be able to use those vacation points or cash for Member Cruises.

I am just about a month away from our next DCL cruise and we're hoping to book at least one repositioning cruise while on board. It is hard to wait until Sunday to book this one!

I will be so disappointed if we can't book this. No airline costs. No limit to what to pack. FE gifts can be any size! Yea!
I know. I love that about this cruise. The ability to just hop in the car and drive to the port is such a big plus. But for some reason, we're still on the fence about booking. I have a reservation on hold for the 5 nt. Canadian cruise on Oct 2 in an 11A gty. at quite a bit less than the 11A cabins on this cruise.

decisions.....decisions

Wow, after about 15 rings, got right in. I was the CM's first caller.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter