• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Mickey's very merry Christmas Party

SteveyJC

Mouseketeer
Dear All,

Here is the situation. We are two adults visiting the Disney and surrounding area in late November. We will have 14 day hopper passes.

I notice at this time that Mickey's very merry Christmas Party will be on in selected evenings. I am considering whether to do this or not. It seems quite expensive based on the fact we will be in WDW for pretty much 14 days, so I dont think the 'less people on the arrractions' will have much benefit.

Will the normal parades etc be on as usual? Again, will the regular fireworks be on as usual? How much of a Christmas'sy feel will I get if I dont go to the christmas party?

Many thanks, Stevey

Here is my generic response to this question :)

I used to love MVMCP, but it not not a good value for the money anymore. The number of tickets they sold (past) used to make the parks very easy to navigate, but each year they sell more and more tickets and so it is like the transition of regular hours and EMH throughout the entire party. Also, they have cut-back quite a bit. The first party I went to in 2002 had a lot more entertainment, there were so many more decorations you would not believe it, we received a photo, the cocoa and cookies were good back then and we paid $27 for our party ticket. 9 years later, most all of that is gone and the tickets are close to $70.

So, if you have money to spend to go to a busy EMH, you are buying a special parade and a special version of Wishes (for the most part).

There's only one thing I regret doing when we went last December, and that was the Mickey Party. Biggest waste of money ever.

There's only one thing I regret doing when we went last December, and that was the Mickey Party. Biggest waste of money ever.

I really hate how expensive tickets have become. I mean it's repulsive. But, what r ya gonna do. Having said this, we went to VmCP for many years, tickets were 45 a pop and you got cookies, a drink, and a FREE family photo and a nice collectable button! The parks had a reasonable amount of people in them, and if you went early and mid-week it was quit a nice time.
Having said that, we go to Disney every other year now, for the past 4 trips it has become grossly disappointing! In fact, after the last, we have decided to skip it from now on. this year, for the first time we will go to the parks 3 days. 2 days at disney, and 1 day at universal Harry Potter. all we can afford. As much as I hate to say it, Disney has outpriced themselves for our family.
I read the reports, I see the profit margins . I also see the ridiclous million dollar bonuses the top tire gets. Perhaps if they lowered prices by cutting those desk jockys they'd not have to worry so much because more people could afford to go. It's not the hotel rooms, it's the ticket prices! ok, I'm done, sorry.

We were in Disney for the first time during Christmas last year and went to MVMCP and loved it!! Everyone has a different opinion, which I totally respect! We will be in Disney again this December and would not miss the party, it was the highlight of our trip!!

glad that there are some good reviews out there, we are going on 12/4 what do you think the crowds will be like at that time?

we went last year and enjoyed it; however, it was insanely crowded. the parade was very nice, but if you're going for low crowds, definitely go as early in the season as possible. we were there around the 15th of december. you can certainly enjoy the christmas decor during the day, but there is something magical about santa and snow on main street!

Be careful on that December 4th date. Usually Disney tapes the Christmas morning parade the first Saturday in December, and I believe Sunday is the rain date. I am not postive on this-does anyone else know when the MK ABC tapings are this year?

MVMCP-I would never miss this. I love the theming, hot cocoa, decorations, and the parade with the wooden toy soldiers. They are my favorite. Tickets could be $100 a person, and I would still pay to go to it. I will be there next December, and will be planning my trip around the Christmas Party. Count me in!!!

:santa::santa::santa:

should we worry, about the 12/4 date if it is the rain date for the parade taping? the party is at 7pm, so why would it interfere?

We have tickets for mvmcp for Wed. Dec. 7th. Not worried about rides because we can do rides on another day, but do hope to be able to see decorations, shows, fireworks and parades.

When we go in December we always do the MVMC and love it.... This year we go on December 7th looking forward to it ... Have funn all

We'll be there Dec 6th...first time, can't wait:santa: Not sure what to expect from a crowd persepctive...prepare for the worst and hope for the best:upsidedow

DH and I are going to the MVMCP Dec 2nd and cant wait! If we love it, which I hope we will, we will be going next year with our grand gathering group!

should we worry, about the 12/4 date if it is the rain date for the parade taping? the party is at 7pm, so why would it interfere?

Don't think it will, seeing as they tradionally tape the show on the first Thurs thru Sat of Dec (1st -3rd).

Even if a rain date is needed, most taping should have concluded before the MVMCP begins.

We are planning our first MVMCP on the 4th as well, hope this holds true!

See you there :santa:

Will there be more dates added? We fly in on the 18th and wouldn't be able to do it until the 19th at the earliest... We weren't planning on doing a "Disney Vacation" this time around and we are in the area for Universal Studios. I have PLENTY of Disney dollars to pay for 2 tickets and go out for a GREAT meal somewhere on the property before we go into the Christmas party...

Do they add any dates for that week bfore Christmas?

Will there be more dates added? We fly in on the 18th and wouldn't be able to do it until the 19th at the earliest... We weren't planning on doing a "Disney Vacation" this time around and we are in the area for Universal Studios. I have PLENTY of Disney dollars to pay for 2 tickets and go out for a GREAT meal somewhere on the property before we go into the Christmas party...

Do they add any dates for that week bfore Christmas?

I doubt it. As far as I know, they always do the last party a week before Christmas. On the plus side though, after the last party they do the Christmas parade and Holiday Wishes during regular park hours.

We are going on Dec 18th also. I can't wait as this will be the first time for my grandchildren to see it. My husband and I went a few years back and we both enjoyed it. Crowds are a part of being at Disney, I find that all the party's that disney have are really crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter