Mike and Mindy's PJ **January 5th, 2009** Disney photographer photos!!!

Which vest and tie do you like best with Mike's tux? (pics on page 8)

• all black

• all white

• black tie white vest

• white tie black vest

Results are only viewable after voting.
He is going to be fitted up here and we are going to pick it up in Orlando. That way we dont have to worry about bringing it down on the plane. My dress on the other hand will be smushed into the overhead compartments...lol. Thank you for the prayers for my bother Morgan in the Navy. I am very proud of him and will still pay tribute to him some how. Maybe have one of my Bridesmaides carry his picture down :) How funny would it be to get a cardboard cut out for pictures...hahahaha

Aww, too bad your brother can't come. You must be very proud of him, though! I'm sure you will be thinking of eachother on your special day! My DF hasn't bothered to do a tux fitting yet. He wants to "lose more weight" first...

We are actually thinking of just buying him a new suit instead. The tux we liked was terrifyingly expensive to rent!

Sorry I can't think of any good suggestions for incorperating your brother in your wedding. Everything I can think of would be more of a memorial type of thing, and you certaintly don't want to be sad about him!

He is going to be fitted up here and we are going to pick it up in Orlando. That way we dont have to worry about bringing it down on the plane. My dress on the other hand will be smushed into the overhead compartments...lol. Thank you for the prayers for my bother Morgan in the Navy. I am very proud of him and will still pay tribute to him some how. Maybe have one of my Bridesmaides carry his picture down :) How funny would it be to get a cardboard cut out for pictures...hahahaha

Well you might not be too far off with the cardboard cutout...

http://www.lifesizecustomcutouts.com/ :rotfl2:

Well you might not be too far off with the cardboard cutout...

http://www.lifesizecustomcutouts.com/ :rotfl2:

It's kind of tongue-in-cheek funny, but I think it's a great idea! When DH and I were first planning on getting married before our Jan wedding, we were going to have a proxy wedding (I was in Iraq...he would marry "me" in a proxy ceremony in TX). I was going to get one of those cutouts as a surprise to him, so that "I" could be there.

Definitely something to think about!

Well even I have a good idea once in a while. lol :)

Hey there Ladies!
I thought I would update my long lost PJ! I had my "surprise" bridal shower today. My mom, step mom, Mike's Mom,MOH and my bridesmaids pulled it off beautifully. I will have pictures tomorrow. I was completely dreading it becuase I hate having a big todo go on for me. I am more of the fly under the raidar kind of girl. It was a lot of fun though. I walked in *with Mike being dragged because he wanted to go in as much as I did* and there was all of our friends and family waiting for us! The mamosas were flowing and there was tons of food. Hannah my co-MOH boombarded me with a cinderella tiara and a bride to be sash. Everything was decorated in dark blue *our main wedding color* and with Cinderella decorations. My favorite part was the cake. My mother took a picture of me when I was little in a blue Cinderella Dress and Mike when he was little and put the castle in the background and made it into an edible picture and it had "Dreams really do come true" written on the top! It was amazing. We received soooo many wonderful gifts and a bunch of things from our honeymoon registry too!!! Anyway, it was sooo much fun and it was great to see everyone.

** I also got new shoes becuase DH is the same height at me...so I had to return my fancy heels. I now have these shoes! They are so comfortable and I decorated them with Mickey rhinestones :)

Hopefully I will have more to update soon! Thanks everyone whoe has been reading!

Can't wait to see some pics. I too have to forget about fabulous heels! I was so sad! I'm now on the search for fabulous flats!

Your surprise shower sounds like a lot of fun!

First of all here is the photo that was on our cake! So fun with my late 80's hair
fireworkdsWheredreamsdocometrue.jpg

Here are some pics of the shower:
MOH

MINDYSSHOWER003.jpg

My FMIL and FSIL: Adorable!
MINDYSSHOWER010.jpg

Us looking at our cake:
MINDYSSHOWER021.jpg

Some of the decorations:
MINDYSSHOWER007.jpg

My Wicked Step Mother...who I actually love to death...but it just fit with the Disney theme...heheh
MINDYSSHOWER025.jpg

My Tiara, sash...and my future Aunt In-Law and the cute Cindy center pieces:
MINDYSSHOWER031.jpg

opening up some gifts:
MINDYSSHOWER045.jpg

So ladies that is it for now :) Once I get more pics I'll post them

2 things I love about those pictures:

THE CAKE PICTURE!! Incredibly awesome and yes the 80's hair rocks!
and
The Emergency Numbers on the wall behind your MOH - always be prepared - you know these bridal showers! :rotfl:

Hope your day wasn't too wet downstate - it's been pouring up here all day - we're having thunderstorms right now ick!

2 things I love about those pictures:

THE CAKE PICTURE!! Incredibly awesome and yes the 80's hair rocks!
and
The Emergency Numbers on the wall behind your MOH - always be prepared - you know these bridal showers! :rotfl:

Hope your day wasn't too wet downstate - it's been pouring up here all day - we're having thunderstorms right now ick!

We saw a flake this morning! AHHH I just about died! As for the emergency numbers they rented a hall from my grandparents retirement community...you know how those old people are...everything is an emergency!! hahaha

It looks like you had a wonderful time! the cake picture was great- very unique! I like your princess tiara too!congrats!:goodvibes

Looks like you had a great time! I love how thoughtful your family was with the cake design!

Mindy -- Your shower looks like so much fun! How sweet of someone to get those pictures for the cake. :cloud9: So happy you had such a great time!

Well I went for my first dress fitting last night. It was a lot of fun! I was super surprised that my dress actually still fit....which for me is a good thing! I have probaby gained a not so good 15lbs since I purchased my dress. They have a lot of work a head of them. They have to hem the entire dress becuase of my new shoe choice, the halter has to be shortened/tightened and we figured out a bustle!! It took about an hour to find a bustle that my mom and MOH could decide on. My dress has a marine blue sash on it and it is apart of the train. I am also not a girly girl so the last thing I want are bows. The first bustle the seemstress showed us was an under bustle and tied the sash in a large bow. Lets just say I looked like Daisy Duck...i had a duck butt and a gi-normous bow to just draw attention to my butt...not exatly what I was going for. She then made an over bustle which was really pretty but she made the sash do some really weird things. FINALLY we made it so that there was a over bustle and the sash comes up to the waist line and falls on either side of the bustle. I LOVE it my MOH has the pictures. I will post the pictures as soon as she gets off her lazy butt and sends them to me :surfweb:

I want all of your honest opinions once I post the photos!!!

By the way...I leave for Disney on Sunday for our planning session on Monday and well...we might as well activate our APs and figure out something to do :rolleyes1 **Did someone say the last day of the F&W and a little bit of Damian Spenelli (from General Hospital) at Super Soap Weekend.

DH is freaking out becuase I haven't packed ANYTHING yet!

Have fun at your PS! Glad you could find a bustle you liked; can't wait to see pics!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter