MNSSHP only visit??

chrissyc72

Mouseketeer
We are going to be staying at hard rock hotel at universal the end of September for my 50th birthday since we are doing a big Disney trip with the whole family soon and didn’t want to go without them. But I am itching to hit Magic Kingdom while we are there and have never been to MNSSHP so I was looking at the calendar and the party is on my birthday which is Sept 27th! Says you need ticket for special event and can enter anytime after 4 but event is 7-12. Do you think it would be worth it to do this? We would just go at 4 for the party and stay till close. Not sure If everything is open, although I don’t really care just want to be there! But will the crowds be so much that it wouldn’t be enjoyable is really my question???

We do the same this year, stay at Royal Pacific at Universal instead of Disney this year. But when MNSSHP event dates were out, bought tickets. For me this is one of the best events at Disney and I absolutely ❤️ Boo-to-you Parade. So I think it is totally worth it. We plan to have Lunch at Wilderness Lodge, go on a monorail resort round with shopping Stopps and enter MK at 4 pm. 👻🎃Have fun!

O
We do the same this year, stay at Royal Pacific at Universal instead of Disney this year. But when MNSSHP event dates were out, bought tickets. For me this is one of the best events at Disney and I absolutely ❤️ Boo-to-you Parade. So I think it is totally worth it. We plan to have Lunch at Wilderness Lodge, go on a monorail resort round with shopping Stopps and enter MK at 4 pm. 👻🎃Have fun!
Ooh good ideas!!!

We are going to be staying at hard rock hotel at universal the end of September for my 50th birthday since we are doing a big Disney trip with the whole family soon and didn’t want to go without them. But I am itching to hit Magic Kingdom while we are there and have never been to MNSSHP so I was looking at the calendar and the party is on my birthday which is Sept 27th! Says you need ticket for special event and can enter anytime after 4 but event is 7-12. Do you think it would be worth it to do this? We would just go at 4 for the party and stay till close. Not sure If everything is open, although I don’t really care just want to be there! But will the crowds be so much that it wouldn’t be enjoyable is really my question???
MNSSHP is THE favorite event of the year for DW and me. It's terrific. So absolutely YES, IMHO it's worth it.

Hard to say what the crowds will be like this year or on that day of the party. Disney isn't revealing much on how many guests they will admit. But if years past are any indicator, it's not too packed for the party. But nowadays it's hard to know.

A few things we try to keep in mind:

- Costumes are fun, but you'll fit in with or without one.
- IIRC, the parade runs twice, and the second is decidedly less crowded. So don't panic if you can't get a good spot the first time it runs. And be aware that it runs from Frontierland all the way to Town Square. Main Street seems most crowded.
- The crowds diminish after the second parade.
- There have in the past been lots of free snacks in addition to the trick-or-treat candy, so pay attention to snack offerings.
- Be on the lookout for characters we seldom see in the parks.
- Our ABSOLUTELY favorite thing to do is to go to Haunted Mansion and watch/listen to Carlotta's hilarious improv on the front lawn as the mist rolls past her feet. It's brilliant fun.
- Rest up during the day so you can party into the late hours!

We are booking for the Tuesday party on 8/23. We weren't even considering going until they announced the party's return. It's our most favorite thing to do. The crowds tend to be lower, and it's much easier to get on just about anything. If TRON is open by then, it'll be our best hope to get on it, but it's also the best way to get on just about everything.

MNSSHP is THE favorite event of the year for DW and me. It's terrific. So absolutely YES, IMHO it's worth it.

Hard to say what the crowds will be like this year or on that day of the party. Disney isn't revealing much on how many guests they will admit. But if years past are any indicator, it's not too packed for the party. But nowadays it's hard to know.

A few things we try to keep in mind:

- Costumes are fun, but you'll fit in with or without one.
- IIRC, the parade runs twice, and the second is decidedly less crowded. So don't panic if you can't get a good spot the first time it runs. And be aware that it runs from Frontierland all the way to Town Square. Main Street seems most crowded.
- There have in the past been lots of free snacks in addition to the trick-or-treat candy, so pay attention to snack offerings.
- Our ABSOLUTELY favorite thing to do is to go to Haunted Mansion and watch/listen to Carlotta's hilarious improv on the front lawn as the mist rolls past her feet. It's brilliant fun.
Oh I am now even more excited!!! Thanks for all these tips! Going to order the tickets now!!!

Yes! I have always recommended that if you only have 1 day at Disney the parties are a great way to do it. Price is comparable to a 1 day ticket and there are less crowds and special parades and fireworks!

Just ordered my tickets!!! Thanks so much everyone!! So excited!!!! Any other tips or must sees?? Also, what’s the best way to get back and forth to magic kingdom? Uber? We won’t have a car.

Last edited:
Just ordered my tickets!!! Thanks so much everyone!! So excited!!!! Any other tips or must sees?? Also, what’s the best way to get back and forth to magic kingdom? Uber? We won’t have a car.
Where are you staying?the best travel option usually depends on that.

Gotta disagree with the highlighted quote. I don't believe there are any FREE snacks in addition to the trick-or-treat candy. There are special party snacks available for purchase only, not free. My favorite is the Sanderson sisters stage show, and the Boo-to-You parade, or course.

Gotta disagree with the highlighted quote. I don't believe there are any FREE snacks in addition to the trick-or-treat candy. There are special party snacks available for purchase only, not free. My favorite is the Sanderson sisters stage show, and the Boo-to-You parade, or course.
Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I recall complimentary popcorn and soft drinks.

Am I thinking of Boo Bash? Villains After Hours?

Apologies if I got it wrong. Thanks for correcting me if I am.

For transportation from and back to Universal Resort we plan to use Lyft. Will walk to Contemporary Resort after the party for pick up.

For transportation from and back to Universal Resort we plan to use Lyft. Will walk to Contemporary Resort after the party for pick up.
Will they not pick up at magic kingdom? Are you able to get into the contemporary if you aren’t staying there?

Like I stated before, we really enjoy the parade. There are some cool effects. Also the parade seems "spookier" in Frontierland/Liberty Square...maybe because it is darker than Main Street. We also enjoyed listening to the Dapper Dans in Frontierland before the parade. They have special make up and costumes for the party too!

My family and I love dressing up for the party. Nothing too over the top or uncomfortable as we enjoy riding the rides too! It is a fun way to be part of the evening! We made my husband a Mr. Potato Head shirt and he wore a bowler hat. My two daughters and I were the 3 aliens that follow him around. We wore blue shirts and shorts. We made Pizza Planet pins to wear and put 3 large googly eyes on green head bands. My sis-in-law and her family came as different monsters from Monsters University. It was a lot of fun.

Happy Planning!

100% we have flown in just fir mnssh. Only issue is picture lines are tooooooo long. But you can do all rides parade etc if you start at 4. Have fun. We are going for a week in sept and added it for our arrival night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter