MNSSHP replaced by After Hours Event "Boo Bash"

This is open until midnight, which they didn’t have last year, I think they closed at 6:00. I don’t understand “paying for what you got free last year”. We were typically in the room by 8:00 last year. Would have loved to pay to stay until midnight.
Outside of staying til the carriage turns into a pumpkin and free candy, everything else is the same as last year. All the power to those who want to pay over $100 for what was once free.

this stinks period. before you could get 8 hours with early admission and you had dance parties and fireworks as well as parades and a great castle show besides the rides and candy. now you have what? candy ? oh and you had the ghosts at haunted mansion as well. and now they want to offer what? at the same price. People please don't go so they can see how bad they are treating their guests. Chapek and Josh must be smoking something to think this is ok and why are they planning this in may when everything should be back to normal by september as long as the vaccines keep going into peoples arms. I am afraid that this is becoming the new normal and there won't be character meet and greets or parades or fireworks or shows unless we start complaining loudly

Who says it’s the same price? The price hasn’t been announced yet.
Villains After Hours was pretty expensive. SOmething like $155 at the high end. MNSSHP was was a bit cheaper. I think we paid around $120 the last time we went, though I could be wrong on that. MNSSHP was a better deal for the time, but I think the after hours events had lower capacity limits. Any thoughts on what the pricing will be? I put it somewhere north of $120 for an adult for the most expensive nights.

As someone who is traveling in August for the first time I will be honest this is a temptation. I get that it's not what you got before but for those of use who've never done it, it's something. AI read someplace that guests at some resorts may have a priority window. A) Is this true? B) What resorts and when?

What are the odds there will be a Boo Bash on Saturday 10/30? Knocking out MK on arrival day for us would be magical and open up a day to relax later in the week!

No but what they are offering was included with park admission. Now they are charging for it and you get less time in the park.

Right, but what was offered last year including with a regular park ticket was the fist time they did that - so more of a bonus for last year .... Not like it had been included for 50 years and now they are charging for it.

Plus, if like an after hours it should be very low capacity, and there will be distance photo ops with rare characters, etc.

Personally I would love be if they just did what they did last year, included with your regular ticket, but I think that was a one off/special situation

Outside of staying til the carriage turns into a pumpkin and free candy, everything else is the same as last year. All the power to those who want to pay over $100 for what was once free.
We know you’ll be going to Cedar Point or Dollywood or something. I’m sure there will be plenty of people who will enjoy this event. I also don’t think we know today everything that will be offered.

I'm interested to see pricing and dates, and have no doubt I'll attend one, as a serious Halloween fan. I've attended 2 MK After Hours and multiple MNSSHP's. The last time I attended was in 2019. I have no scientific data, but feel strongly that the MNSSHP has gotten more crowded every year. In 2019, the Hub was absolutely packed during the entertainment and fireworks. (Like "hold hands everyone, so no one gets lost" as we navigated through that area.) It wasn't like that in the "old days". By contrast, the After Hours events I attended were pretty empty. The first one was so empty that it was almost eerie. My kids loved being able to walk-on every ride repeatedly. The second MK After Hours I attended had more people, enough to negate the creepy ghost-town feel. My kids were still able to walk on most rides and experienced very short waits for others. About value: I was not an annual passholder at the time. I did not buy park tickets for those days, just the special event tickets. I felt that I accomplished much more during the event hours than I would have if I'd been standing in line in the park the whole day.

I’m so excited this for this!! It’s gonna be a DAH event with a Halloween layover!! The fact that people are comparing it to a party doesnt make sense since it obviously is not a party.. it says DISNEY AFTER HOURS in the name of the event... I will def be there!!

I’m so excited this for this!! It’s gonna be a DAH event with a Halloween layover!! The fact that people are comparing it to a party doesnt make sense since it obviously is not a party.. it says DISNEY AFTER HOURS in the name of the event... I will def be there!!
I don't think many are trying to compare to a party. What they are offering for this is very much the same they included with your park pass last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter