Mods please close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny, we almost always stay at the BCV and we've never been asked to show a member card when we buy DVC logo items. I usually go right to the store after check-in and "stock up" on whatever is new since my last trip. :guilty: One year we stayed at Saratoga and I bought one of those DVC nylon backpacks and I was asked to show ID. D you guys think it has to do with the fact that Saratoga is an all-DVC resort while BCV is part hotel and part DVC? I never thought of it before.

Also, I just wanted to say thanks to the people who pointed out that there are exclusive items for sale behind the counters. I never knew! Is it just pins or is there other stuff for sale?

We aren't talking about logo items.....we're talking about the exclusives like pins and watches.

I bought the Goofy DVC exclusive pin at SSR two weeks ago.(My son collects goofy pins). I was not asked for my membership card either, (But the guy who checked me out was on temporary assignment at SSR, before starting with DCL later this month). He was a nice enough guy, so no big deal as far as I'm concerned.

It's funny, we almost always stay at the BCV and we've never been asked to show a member card when we buy DVC logo items. I usually go right to the store after check-in and "stock up" on whatever is new since my last trip. :guilty: One year we stayed at Saratoga and I bought one of those DVC nylon backpacks and I was asked to show ID. D you guys think it has to do with the fact that Saratoga is an all-DVC resort while BCV is part hotel and part DVC? I never thought of it before.

Also, I just wanted to say thanks to the people who pointed out that there are exclusive items for sale behind the counters. I never knew! Is it just pins or is there other stuff for sale?

Why don't you purchase a DVC contract and you can then find out! Always staying at BCV and also at SSR, would certainly make it worth your while. Have you taken the tours on your trips down?

Ok, now back to our discussion of DVC merchandise...

Why don't you purchase a DVC contract and you can then find out! Always staying at BCV and also at SSR, would certainly make it worth your while. Have you taken the tours on your trips down?

Ok, now back to our discussion of DVC merchandise...

I do have a DVC contract. I bought a BCV in 2002 and just added on a month ago.

why do i get the mental image of a guy in a Epcot back alley beckoning...

pssst....over here; want some "exlusive" DVC merchandise?:rotfl2:

actually to me it is quite simple and as to who should be allowed to purchase the proof is in the name, DVC "member" pins. If DVC wishes to sell DVC pins then I say everyone is allowed to purchase.

But with any other "member" benefits, member pins should be reserved for members only.

Does 'exlusive' mean that we are expecting 'extra perks?' http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1337816&referrerid=&highlight=
This whole thread really focusses on who is 'entitled' to purchase DVC member pins, but I wouldn't consider that an 'extra perk' - just a benefit of ownership

well, exlusive = exclusive when i'm able to spell properly or we could go with elusive too;)

btw, i'm all for member percs that don't raise the bottom line = our dues.:thumbsup2

assume there is not much overhead on producing this type of merchandise, even if it's limited - Disney is still making a profit or they wouldn't bother in the 1st place. Perhaps they are termed exclusive to given them a certain "cachet" to non-members?

Never knew these pins were considered particularly valuable (and i haven't seen any thus far that i'd want in my collection:confused3 ) People resale pins on eBay all the time; if they are truly a rare/limited item perhaps; otherwise - does it really matter who purchases them?:confused:

It's really very simple - 'Certainly sir, if you wish to purchase that $6 DVC member pin, we have a very attractive offer with purchase today. For only $16,006, you can purchase the pin and 50 years of DVC stays' :)

It's really very simple - 'Certainly sir, if you wish to purchase that $6 DVC member pin, we have a very attractive offer with purchase today. For only $16,006, you can purchase the pin and 50 years of DVC stays' :)

add in annual dues and it's *QUITE* an expensive pin! :)

I wish someone had told me I could buy a DVC Member pin without that stupid contract! :headache:

I wish someone had told me I could buy a DVC Member pin without that stupid contract! :headache:

That would be "nice", wouldn't it!???....I'd like to be able to buy food stuffs at the local PX even though I'm not in the military too!

I'd like to get the AARP discounts on everything they offer even thought I'm not 60+ too!

I'd Like to get the AAA discounts on hotels and everything, even though I'm not a member of the group as well!! :)

I wish I could get ANYTHING I'm not entitled to if it saved me money, or got me stuff I'm not entitled too! :)

'Exclusive'...how much "mystery" is in that ????

Exclusive:
'Not divided among or shared with others: single, sole. '

'Singled out in preference: choice, chosen, elect, select. See choice, include/exclude.'

'Not diffused or dispersed: concentrated, intensive, undivided, unswerving, whole.'

Sounds to me like you'd need to be a MEMBER (ala DVC) to buy MEMBER ONLY merhcandise!!!! :)

Ok everyone, I have checked with my inside source. I will just call him a "guide" so as not to blow his cover. Well it turns out dannyh23 must be right. There are actually gold dvc pins for sale. It seems that I can get one for $31,200.00. There must be a lot of them because my "guide" is willing to throw in 300 points at something called Animal Kingdom Villas. Apparently there are a lot of these points they need to get rid of because he also said he could arrange to kick in another $2,400.00 so they could get rid of the excess points they have laying around. He even said something about being able to stay for a whole week in a (now get this) two-bedroom condo on Walt Disney property. Anyway, I am very excited about the possibility of owing such a nice trading pin. Heck, I may get a special lanyard just for it. Try to keep this quiet and I will let you know more if I can.

That would be "nice", wouldn't it!???....I'd like to be able to buy food stuffs at the local PX even though I'm not in the military too!

I'd like to get the AARP discounts on everything they offer even thought I'm not 60+ too!

:)

pssst....AARP is closer than you think, your membership begins @ 50 --- it's the new 60, or is that 40?

It's not exactly the exclusive club I want to belong to:hippie: but i'll take my percs where they fall. They give you a nice member card - no pins though. They're probably afraid we might poke ourselves and put an eye out.;)

Just wondering, does anyone have any pics of these much desired pins?

I've removed some recently added off-topic posts. This thread seems to have finally run its course and is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter