Mods please close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CR Resort Fan 4 Life

DIS Veteran
On one of my families previous vacations to WDW we went to the Beach Club because there was a surprise pin which was released there. Anyway when I asked for it a Cast Member brought out some DVC member only pins because the surprise pin was in a drawer under the cash register and asked if I would also like to purchase them? I figured it was our last day in WDW so why not so I said sure. Anyway since my family and I are not DVC members was I still wrong for purchasing these pins, even though the Cast Member never asked for any DVC membership proof? I personally feel I did nothing wrong because it's the Cast Member that should ask for any proof of DVC membership, so I should be shut out of these pins because of their mistake? Plus any DVC member can purchase these pins and sell them on Ebay and it could be non DVC members that purchase them. Finally I had asked how long those pins were in the store and I was told since May, so maybe they just wanted to get rid of them and did not care who they were sold to. Anyway what are your thoughts and opinions?

I think it's strange you are looking for approval from DVC members on a DVC message board for buying member only pins while you were on vacation. Why would anyone care?

Never hurts to try. Trading for those pins can be a pain, so whatever the path of least resistance

I think it's strange you are looking for approval from DVC members on a DVC message board for buying member only pins while you were on vacation. Why would anyone care?

Exactly. Do you do things just so you can come back and ask about it?

I'm thoroughly confused ... if you were able to buy the pins, then that's great! I've usually been asked to show my ID Card that says 'DVC Member' on it though. Maybe they're just relaxing the rules? Dunno. I'm just thinking that just because it worked this time, it might not work every other time. *shrug*

Youngest DS & I have been collecting the pins for a few years, 1st time I've heard of the "secret stash":confused3 . Guess I'll ask in June:thumbsup2

is still lying no matter how you slice it. Was it there fault by not asking sure but was it wrong for your asking. my dad always told me 2 wrongs dont make a right so you figure it out.

Keisha - annual pass & DVC pins are usually kept in a drawer. Not really a secret. The main pin areas have these pins in a display case and then pull them out of a drawer when asked for them. The resort stores don't usually have a display area.

CR - obviously the CM was wrong and it sometimes happens that Non-AP or Non-DVC people are abel to buy these pins. Most times I not only have to have my AP/DVC card but also a photo ID to prove who I am. Does it happen a lot? Who knows. But then, most people who get away with something like this don't announce it on a public forum. Mainly because next time I'm at the beach club I'll be asking CM's whether they ask for that little blue DVC card....

Cyn

I'm still not sure what the point of this thread was? Unless it was just to :stir: ?

I'm still not sure what the point of this thread was? Unless it was just to :stir: ?

failed attempt to get a rise out of DVC members? Not sure why but it appears that the OP seems to have some hostility towards DVC members, based on past posts.

Back on topic - I have purchased member only pins for DVC members and their children, and am always asked to show my ID.

I sorta don't understand the point either.....anyone & their dog could purchase these off of Ebay.....so yeah, why would it matter?

Anyway since my family and I are not DVC members was I still wrong for purchasing these pins, even though the Cast Member never asked for any DVC membership proof?

I really don't understand the purpose of the thread (except to stir up DVC members) -- but Yes, you were wrong to purchase them as you are not a DVC member.

If you really wanted one, you should have bought from ebay or try to trade.

Keisha - annual pass & DVC pins are usually kept in a drawer. Not really a secret. The main pin areas have these pins in a display case and then pull them out of a drawer when asked for them. The resort stores don't usually have a display area.

CR - obviously the CM was wrong and it sometimes happens that Non-AP or Non-DVC people are abel to buy these pins. Most times I not only have to have my AP/DVC card but also a photo ID to prove who I am. Does it happen a lot? Who knows. But then, most people who get away with something like this don't announce it on a public forum. Mainly because next time I'm at the beach club I'll be asking CM's whether they ask for that little blue DVC card....

Cyn

thanks - ok - these i am aware of, thought there might be something else as in a different type of limited edition, etc. Just getting into the pin trading w/DS over the last year or so; got the pin book - absolutely fascinating.

Do a search for the OPs previous posts. Some of them are a hoot.

Cut the OP some slack, he's a Maple Leaf fan. Has to take out his frustration on something, might as well be DVC members.

disclaimer: Long time Detroit Red Wing fan. And yes I watched the game last night:headache: .

This is, by far, the worst infraction I've ever heard committed against the WDW corp. on these boards. Excuse me while I go shower now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter