Mods please close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The OP has some serious double standard issues based on this and previous posts I've seen.

The OP has some serious double standard issues based on this and previous posts I've seen.

Hi neighbor --

I think you are absolutely correct in your analysis -
OP
As to the right or wrong of this situation - if you can do something that you know isn't quite right and still look in the mirror and like the person you see there then I guess it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks so why ask? If you have to ask if it was okay then you obviously know or have an idea it wasn't. In the grand scheme of things this pin buying really doesn't make a lot of difference but if it leads to bigger and worse dishonest happenings in the future then maybe it is important. Only you can decide if it was something that is wrong or not; no matter what the circumstances and no matter what anyone else says.

thankfully not every lives by the moral code 'if it benefits me, then it must be ok. If it doesn't benefit me, then it must be wrong' ;)

Sometimes, as a DVC member, I'm all 'parked out'. I like to drive over to the Contemporary, park and trade pins. The CM at the gate doesn't have a problem with it.

Just a little pin-related tip for anyone looking to score some hard to find ones.

Sometimes, as a DVC member, I'm all 'parked out'. I like to drive over to the Contemporary, park and trade pins. The CM at the gate doesn't have a problem with it.

Just a little pin-related tip for anyone looking to score some hard to find ones.

:rotfl2:

As long as the CM doesn't have a problem with it, you can also fill up your 1996 all-stars mug. Fill it up with that fancy Frozen Coke they got over there. ;)

I also heard that they have the softest pool towels if anyone was thinking of pool hopping over to CR. As long as the CM doesn't ask for your resort ID, I guess, it's ok... ;)

I might try on my next trip -- don't worry though, I'll keep it my little secret and won't blab it all over disboards how I got away with something I knew was "wrong" :sad2:

When my family and I go to dinner at the California grill while staying at another resort we like to valet park. After dinner my family and I leave our car at the Contemporary and go to the Magic Kingdom for the rest of the evening. None of the CM's seem to mind so I think it's ok.

:lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:

Oh no....you didn't just say that! :rotfl:

:rotfl2:

As long as the CM doesn't have a problem with it, you can also fill up your 1996 all-stars mug. Fill it up with that fancy Frozen Coke they got over there. ;)

I also heard that they have the softest pool towels if anyone was thinking of pool hopping over to CR. As long as the CM doesn't ask for your resort ID, I guess, it's ok... ;)

I might try on my next trip -- don't worry though, I'll keep it my little secret and won't blab it all over disboards how I got away with something I knew was "wrong" :sad2:

And since the pool towels are so soft, make sure that you bring them back to your DVC villa....:lmao: :rotfl2:

Actually, it is a good idea to get several towels. I like to cover my dashboard with 3 or 4 of them because my car gets so hot while it is parked in the Contemporary parking lot. Also, after you have filled up your mug, you may need a couple to wipe the sweat off of your forehead while walking to the MK from the Contemporary.

When my family and I go to dinner at the California grill while staying at another resort we like to valet park. After dinner my family and I leave our car at the Contemporary and go to the Magic Kingdom for the rest of the evening. None of the CM's seem to mind so I think it's ok.

Do it all the time. When it's nice out, we've also been known to pool hop at the Contemporary. :rolleyes:

Well I was going to let this thread die without sharing my best pin trading tip, but since Kickapoo brought it back up, I've heard from *several* sources that the best pins in WDW are around the necks of the Concierge staff at the CL Atrium Club. I heard that some are so shiny, they have to be gold plated.

One guy told me they have even special Concierge-level-only pins to trade, but I don't know if they were being serious or not... You might even have to show a membership card or room key or something to trade for one, but I don't know for sure.

While you are up there, might as well take a seat in the lounge and enjoy the grub. I hear they got all sorts of food and drink up there -- as long as the CM doesn't say anything to you, I guess it's ok to eat up!!! ;)

Well I was going to let this thread die without sharing my best pin trading tip, but since Kickapoo brought it back up, I've heard from *several* sources that the best pins in WDW are around the necks of the Concierge staff at the CL Atrium Club. I heard that some are so shiny, they have to be gold plated.

One guy told me they have even special Concierge-level-only pins to trade, but I don't know if they were being serious or not... You might even have to show a membership card or room key or something to trade for one, but I don't know for sure.

While you are up there, might as well take a seat in the lounge and enjoy the grub. I hear they got all sorts of food and drink up there -- as long as the CM doesn't say anything to you, I guess it's ok to eat up!!! ;)
Why do you have make such an immature reply?

If any mods see this can you please close this thread so there no more replies that.

Why do you have make such an imature reply?

If any mods see this can you please close this thread so there no more replies that.

Don't take it personally.... but did you have a reason to post your story except to stir the pot?

You came into the DVC member section, told us how you knowingly bought a DVC member-only pin, even though you aren't a member, and you don't expect anyone to reply??? What did you expect us all to say???

No need to single me out, I'm not the one stealing those soft CR towels to keep my dashboard cool! :)

Don't take it personally.... but did you have a reason to post your story except to stir the pot?

You came into the DVC member section, told us how you knowingly bought a DVC member-only pin, even though you aren't a member, and you don't expect anyone to reply??? What did you expect us all to say???

No need to single me out, I'm not the one stealing those soft CR towels to keep my dashboard cool! :)
If you did not my 1st post I never thought of purchasing these pins. It was the Cast Member who asked me if I wanted them? I never said to her "I am not a DVC member but can I still purchase DVC member only pins?" So did you ever think the CM was wrong?

Before you say something like going to the Atrium Club and getting food, you need your KTTW card to have access to the 12th floor, so obviously guests not staying there do not have access.

If you did not my 1st post I never thought of purchasing these pins. It was the Cast Member who asked me if I wanted them? I never said to her "I am not a DVC member but can I still purchase DVC member only pins?" So did you ever think the CM was wrong?

Quite frankly, I don't understand a lot of your posts, including your initial post in this thread. (Being that English is not my first language, often grammatical and spelling errors in various posts make it difficult for me to understand the intent)

I too questioned the purpose and intent of this thread. My initial response was because I have purchased DVC member pins in past, as surprise gifts for other members' children. Yes, I am a member, and yes I did need to show ID. Hopefully that answers the question that you appear to have asked.

If that was not the question, perhaps you could restate it for us and we will try and answer for you.

I actually have it from a very reliable source that you can actually get the new DVC Contemporary Villas pin up there now. But you can not show them to anyone until the official announcement is made.

I actually have it from a very reliable source that you can actually get the new DVC Contemporary Villas pin up there now. But you can not show them to anyone until the official announcement is made.

:rotfl2: seriously? they made a pin just for the opening of the new parking structure? I was at the Contemporary last week but didn't hear anything about that :)

:rotfl2: seriously? they made a pin just for the opening of the new parking structure? I was at the Contemporary last week but didn't hear anything about that :)

That's because you did not ask the monorail driver to show you the secret handshake to give to the Atrium Clum CMs. Once you do that, they will take out the tray of DVC pins and you can choose from the parking lot pin or the "C" shaped pin, depending on which one you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter