Moonlight Magic Epcot link

Yesterday, when renewing AP with MS, I asked about modifying an existing reservation if attached to a MM reservation.

was told unless it’s a waitlist coming thru, if you modify the attached reservation, you will lose the MM reservation.

um, i then specifically asked as to just modifying the resort or type of room At same resort. Not knocking off any days for the reservation. She reiterated, that will automatically cancel the MM reservation.

she then advised me: “ …in order to be safe, don’t touch the particular reservation after the cutoff day stated to be eligible to attempt to book” MM.

i’m really not understanding why one cannot modify the res if it’s for the same number of days & people :confused3 seems like overkill.

Yesterday, when renewing AP with MS, I asked about modifying an existing reservation if attached to a MM reservation.

was told unless it’s a waitlist coming thru, if you modify the attached reservation, you will lose the MM reservation.

um, i then specifically asked as to just modifying the resort or type of room At same resort. Not knocking off any days for the reservation. She reiterated, that will automatically cancel the MM reservation.

she then advised me: “ …in order to be safe, don’t touch the particular reservation after the cutoff day stated to be eligible to attempt to book” MM.

i’m really not understanding why one cannot modify the res if it’s for the same number of days & people :confused3 seems like overkill.
It makes sense that there would be an exception for WL, but I cancelled our waitlist once we got our MM tickets, just to be safe. My specific resort preference is weaker than my desire to attend MM!

It makes sense that there would be an exception for WL, but I cancelled our waitlist once we got our MM tickets, just to be safe. My specific resort preference is weaker than my desire to attend MM!
I just cancelled our waitlist as well, really doubtful it was going to be fulfilled.

I did edit our reservation by adding an extra night earlier this week and hope that didn't mess anything up.

I just cancelled our waitlist as well, really doubtful it was going to be fulfilled.

I did edit our reservation by adding an extra night earlier this week and hope that didn't mess anything up.
Almost did this but have not yet. We called MS and after saying ‘that’s a good question let me check’ they came back and advised that the waitlist coming thru wouldn’t affect the MM res … not convinced so finally got thru to chat and MS again advised we would be fine. I screen shot that part of our conversation but still uneasy so probably will just cancel the WL … waitlist was just for Near hospitality house at OKW rather than std .. no date changes

this is how it used to go…

as long as the existing reservation is replaced by the WL, and the modified end reservation has the same confirmation number…

If your prior experience is how it still works, MM is probably linked to the reservation number, so if waitlists keeps the same reservation number you're fine. If you make another change and the reservation number is changed (even if inadvertently), that probably canceled the MM.

If your prior experience is how it still works, MM is probably linked to the reservation number, so if waitlists keeps the same reservation number you're fine.
That’s my point. I had expected the prior experience to hold.

Same as I expected to be able to try for a MM if @ a CRO hotel

I’m not relying on past precedence, here, especially since the CM said what I posted above.

of course, the next CM I call @ MS could say something else entirely (past precedence lol).

guess we will all find out soon enough. I happen to have a double reservation booked for those two add on nights to our race weekend reservation (one thru CRO I haven’t cancelled yet and another @ SSR). Will be curious to see how that pans out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter