Moonlight Magic is BACK!

We had a good time but wish there were more rare characters like previous events. We were already in the park so got our check-in done early which went quick. Popcorn bucket was also a fast grab at Pizzerizzo. Overall still happy to have been there and looking forward to trying to get tickets for the AK event in August.

We had a good time but wish there were more rare characters like previous events. We were already in the park so got our check-in done early which went quick. Popcorn bucket was also a fast grab at Pizzerizzo. Overall still happy to have been there and looking forward to trying to get tickets for the AK event i

We'll be in the park early also... where do we go to check in without having to leave the park? Sounds like we can do this before 7pm? Thanks!

It'll be in the email you receive (we are going June 16 also). As I recall from another post it's at the DVC kiosk across from SciFi.
This is correct, starting at 4:00. We went right around 4 and there really wasn't a line....a little while later there seemed to be quite a long line but I don't know how long it was taking to get through it.

I’m sorry if this was asked before… can the popcorn bucket be used again in the parks on a normal day for the cheap refill or is it basically just a souvenir?

Any reports from the most recent Moonlight Magic at HS? How were the wait times? Snack availability? Character meet and greets?

Any reports from the most recent Moonlight Magic at HS? How were the wait times? Snack availability? Character meet and greets?

I went to the Moonlight Magic on 6/16, the character meet & greets were the same as the first Moonlight Magic at Hollywood Studios. A review of the event with details of the snacks, meet & greets, etc here: https://dvcfan.com/2022/05/31/disneys-hollywood-studios-2022-dvc-moonlight-magic-review/

I'll caveat my comments by saying it is a "free" event, so please take any of my complaints or negatives with a grain of salt - at the end of the day this is an event that DVD doesn't have to do and is a thank-you to DVC Members. Overall I enjoyed the event and I would definitely attend another one.

Positives:
1. Some good character Meet & Greets and Photopass opportunities; My longest wait (over 30 minutes) was to see Chewbacca and R2-D2 but seeing a real rolling around R2 was awesome. Got a photopass picture with lightsabers with hardly any wait (normally you wait awhile for these). The Goofy dance party was pretty cool, they had Goofy and Max doing their dance from the the Goofy movie too. Goofy/Max are on stage, so you can't go up close to them - but Darkwing Duck and Launchpad were in the "audience" for pictures. We also got pictures with Woody and Jessie and then Buzz, both had much shorter waits than Chewie / R2.
2. Ride waits were pretty short, but I didn't ride RoTR so don't know the wait time for that one. Smuggler's Run had a 15-20 minute wait at the beginning of the night, Slinky was down for an hour or so - but even with that we didn't wait very long. Posted 40 minute wait, but I think it was more like 15-20 mins. MMRR was a walk on at midnight.
3. We arrived at around 7:30pm (entry started at 7pm) and getting in was not too bad of a wait, less than 5 minutes and things seemed very organized. I feel like there may have been some adjustment at the first few Moonlight Magic events, but things went really smoothly for us.
4. Acquiring popcorn buckets was really organized and easy - Pizza Rizzo was setup to distribute buckets and there were plenty of people working and plenty of buckets and boxes of popcorn. There was no wait for me when I got there. Huge kudos as this was a big issue at the first Epcot event.
5. DVC CMs seemed super happy to be there and I love it.

Negatives:
1. I prefer the free Quick Service Meal over the Snack vouchers, long waits for snacks everywhere I went - ended up waiting in a ~20 minute line at the end of the night and used all of the snack vouchers for 6 Jack-Jack Num-Num Cookies lol. With the QS meal, the lines were long, but once you got your food that was it. I only was able to attend 1 MM before the pandemic, but you showed up - ate and by then the event started. At HS the lines for every snack cart just felt long and people were spreading out the vouchers to multiple locations. This is probably my biggest nitpick about MM, but it is a nitpick.
2. They were out of the free Mickey Bars when I went to get one around 10:30pm.
3. Slinky was down for an hour (Can't really control this though).
4. Some character meet & greets were still distanced - while others weren't. I don't understand why this is? Darth Vader and Rescue Rangers were distanced.
5. Wait times aren't posted in the app so you have to look at the boards or at the actual ride. Wait times seemed to be really inflated (to try to dissuade you from riding?) Toy Story Mania had a 35 minute posted wait time but it was a walk on. If you have DAS, the inflated wait times were annoying, they were doing paper ticket DAS, but sticking strictly to the posted wait time (not even a 5 minute early courtesy). Better to just use the standby line than to try to use DAS.

Overall - it was a great event. I am so happy Moonlight Magic is back!

I went to the Moonlight Magic on 6/16, the character meet & greets were the same as the first Moonlight Magic at Hollywood Studios. A review of the event with details of the snacks, meet & greets, etc here: https://dvcfan.com/2022/05/31/disneys-hollywood-studios-2022-dvc-moonlight-magic-review/

I'll caveat my comments by saying it is a "free" event, so please take any of my complaints or negatives with a grain of salt - at the end of the day this is an event that DVD doesn't have to do and is a thank-you to DVC Members. Overall I enjoyed the event and I would definitely attend another one.

Positives:
1. Some good character Meet & Greets and Photopass opportunities; My longest wait (over 30 minutes) was to see Chewbacca and R2-D2 but seeing a real rolling around R2 was awesome. Got a photopass picture with lightsabers with hardly any wait (normally you wait awhile for these). The Goofy dance party was pretty cool, they had Goofy and Max doing their dance from the the Goofy movie too. Goofy/Max are on stage, so you can't go up close to them - but Darkwing Duck and Launchpad were in the "audience" for pictures. We also got pictures with Woody and Jessie and then Buzz, both had much shorter waits than Chewie / R2.
2. Ride waits were pretty short, but I didn't ride RoTR so don't know the wait time for that one. Smuggler's Run had a 15-20 minute wait at the beginning of the night, Slinky was down for an hour or so - but even with that we didn't wait very long. Posted 40 minute wait, but I think it was more like 15-20 mins. MMRR was a walk on at midnight.
3. We arrived at around 7:30pm (entry started at 7pm) and getting in was not too bad of a wait, less than 5 minutes and things seemed very organized. I feel like there may have been some adjustment at the first few Moonlight Magic events, but things went really smoothly for us.
4. Acquiring popcorn buckets was really organized and easy - Pizza Rizzo was setup to distribute buckets and there were plenty of people working and plenty of buckets and boxes of popcorn. There was no wait for me when I got there. Huge kudos as this was a big issue at the first Epcot event.
5. DVC CMs seemed super happy to be there and I love it.

Negatives:
1. I prefer the free Quick Service Meal over the Snack vouchers, long waits for snacks everywhere I went - ended up waiting in a ~20 minute line at the end of the night and used all of the snack vouchers for 6 Jack-Jack Num-Num Cookies lol. With the QS meal, the lines were long, but once you got your food that was it. I only was able to attend 1 MM before the pandemic, but you showed up - ate and by then the event started. At HS the lines for every snack cart just felt long and people were spreading out the vouchers to multiple locations. This is probably my biggest nitpick about MM, but it is a nitpick.
2. They were out of the free Mickey Bars when I went to get one around 10:30pm.
3. Slinky was down for an hour (Can't really control this though).
4. Some character meet & greets were still distanced - while others weren't. I don't understand why this is? Darth Vader and Rescue Rangers were distanced.
5. Wait times aren't posted in the app so you have to look at the boards or at the actual ride. Wait times seemed to be really inflated (to try to dissuade you from riding?) Toy Story Mania had a 35 minute posted wait time but it was a walk on. If you have DAS, the inflated wait times were annoying, they were doing paper ticket DAS, but sticking strictly to the posted wait time (not even a 5 minute early courtesy). Better to just use the standby line than to try to use DAS.

Overall - it was a great event. I am so happy Moonlight Magic is back!
Could you please tell me where the Num-Num cookies are? That's all I'm really interested in when we go in July. THANKS!

We had a good time but wish there were more rare characters like previous events. We were already in the park so got our check-in done early which went quick. Popcorn bucket was also a fast grab at Pizzerizzo. Overall still happy to have been there and looking forward to trying to get tickets for the AK event in August.
We are trying to get into AK as well. Have you received an email yet? Registration starts Tuesday.

We are trying to get into AK as well. Have you received an email yet? Registration starts Tuesday.

Never mind - Went back on DVC site & it says that we will receive our email tomorrow June 27

Anyone receive email on AK event yet today? Watching for it as we have reservations during the event dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter