Mousecellaneous - a thread to share non-DLP related posts

There's not too much of a problem with English at Tokyo Disneyland, but it is hard to get around Japan on your own if you don't speak any Japanese. A major problem is being unable to read Japanese characters, such as on a restaurant menu. Also Disneyland is a long way out of Tokyo which means navigating the transport system unless you are on a guided tour. Not impossible by any means, but not simple, and very crowded depending on what time of day you travel.
I lived in Japan for 3 years and went to Disneyland 3 times I think, but it was a long time ago and I think the park has changed a great deal now.

Do they not have onsite hotels?

yes they have 2, the ambassador hotel and the mira costa, they are currently building a Disneyland hotel too, but the mira costa has views onto one of the 'harbours' in Disney sea park, where you can watc the water parades from your room, imagine watching OUAD parade on water from big thunder island... fantastic!
its their 25th anniversary soon so lots of events comeing up, just wish i could go boo hoo!
britchic, i envy you big time, i've never lived there, but would love to, i'm learning japanese at the mo, so yoroshiku onegaishimasu (no i can't speak japanese even though my mum is japanese-sad i know):rolleyes:

Ive just managed to get me and Kyra front row seats for Playhouse Disney Live in May for the Hammersmith Apollo...

Think im more excited then Kyra ;) lol

Playhouse Disney are doing a LIVE Tour around the UK.

I was very tempted to book the tickets as my daughter watches playhouse Disney channel and loves:

Mickey Mouse Club House
Bunnytown
Handy many etc.....

However it will be our very 1st trip to DLP this November and i thought it might spoil the magic of DLP if i took my daughter to the Playhouse Disney Show this May as all the main Disney Characters will be there:

Mickey
Minnie
Donald Duck
Daisy
Goofy
Pluto etc......

Do you agree that it will spoil the magic of Disney if i took my 3yr old daughter to this show????

Personally, and it's just my opinion, I don't think it would spoil the magic, on the contrary I think it would help introduce her to the big larger than life characters which can be a bit daunting for a little one. After seeing them there she'll be looking forward even more to going to meet them where they live - if you're telling her in advance of course.
No doubt it's horribly expensive though, these things always are!

I'm very tempted to see the show... We've never seen it on TV but we love the Mouse... Had a look on Ticketmaster and the tickets go from £14 per child to £19.50 per adult... Not so bad considering the prices for High School Musical show in July (£30-50)

We'll see...

I don't think it'll spoil the fun for your little girl esp since you'll be going to DLRP in November, not straight after the show...

I'm very tempted to see the show... We've never seen it on TV but we love the Mouse... Had a look on Ticketmaster and the tickets go from £14 per child to £19.50 per adult... Not so bad considering the prices for High School Musical show in July (£30-50)

We'll see...

I don't think it'll spoil the fun for your little girl esp since you'll be going to DLRP in November, not straight after the show...

It will cost £66 for Me, Hubby and my daughter.
Nearest to me would be Hamersmith, but we will also have to find the cost of travelling up there and then of course lunch and they will probably be selling toys etc... :eek:
Its probably the cost more than anything putting me off!
Im sure she would really enjoy it though :rotfl: :rotfl:

I agree... We live in London so it's a few tube stops for us but if people have to travel to come to London etc etc then it becomes very expensive. I remember going to see Mickey and Minnie on Ice - the toys and books and even food was outrageously priced!:scared1:

Good Luck whatever you decide!

It is coming to Newcastle the week before we go to DLP, really don't want to give Disney any more of my money but get the feeling we will be going.

Just moved this discussion to the Mousecellaneous thread as it's not strictly DLP planning. :goodvibes

Sara, I also think it's a great way to introduce your DD to the characters ~ besides having a great time at the show it'll mean she's less likely to be shy of them when you go on holiday. :thumbsup2

Emma, congrats on getting front row seats! :dance3:

arrived this morning, well good things come to those who wait, as they say.

It's the bottom picture and it's a "Disney Treasure", which I assume DH got on Ebay, but isn't it lovely although my pic doesn't do it justice and at the same time I thought I'd show you my other Maleficent bits and bobs, or my Disney altar as DH calls it.

maleficentstuff.jpg

you'll have to excuse the bits of Blue Tack, you really can't see them when you're looking at it eye level. :rotfl:

It is coming to Newcastle the week before we go to DLP, really don't want to give Disney any more of my money but get the feeling we will be going.

Near Newcastle? Whereabouts you from?? I'm from Amble!

Bob xoxox

how nice!!
(but Jill, I never would have spotted the blu tac if you did't mention it sshh!)

Jill that is a lovely Mothers Day pressie :)

A lovely present & collection you have:goodvibes

Thanks for the all the nice comments :goodvibes

I really need to find a better way to display my Maleficent pins though, plus I can't fit anymore on the lanyards.
Recently I've started collecting early Eurodisney pins, this is my latest addition to those.
929a_1.JPG

which I assume was given to construction workers etc., but I must have a look on pinpics.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter