My experience today trying to find the $50 giftcard special....

Esmerelda

DVC'r 10/04/Dis Veteran
I phoned the Orlando airport Disney store early this morning. They had never heard of such an offer. They had no clue which Florida stores were involved but it was NOT theirs. :(

I also phoned the one here at the local mall (Dayton, Oh) and they too were NOT participating with this but they knew certain markets were but had no clue which ones??

Anyone have any more information on the Florida stores involved...if so please post here.

thanks for all help
:p

The two stores at Orlando International Airport are not part of The Disney Store chain of operations. They are part of the theme park merchandising operations just as Character Warehouse and Character Premiere are. So any promotions run by TDS will not be in effect at any of the theme park stores.

The TDS store at Tyrone Mall in St Petersburg Florida is doing this promotion. This is about 1 1/2 hour drive from Disney.

I'm a TDS CM so I went in search of more info during my break at the store last night. All the information we were given was that Florida and Chicago area Disney Store's were participating in a test where for each Adult Parkhopper pass the guest is given a $50 gift card and a free T-shirt. That's it - there was no further info given except that the passes could not be shipped but had to be purchased in person. There was no list of participating stores.

I'm as disappointed as the rest of you!

orlandotripplanner.com had a post on their message board (can't remember which one - they only have 3 though) and someone posted where there was a store in Fla. near disney that was offering it.
I can't remember the name of the store. If I go back to that site I'll look and post it here for you.

my mom said their store in the lakeland mall (florida) was offering the promotion and they said it will be going on for a couple weeks, she never did give us a specific date.

Yes, all the ones in the Chicago area, and not the ones in the airport of Orlando...

At two different Disney stores in the St. Louis area I was told that this is a special promotion between Disney WORLD and specific Disney stores. Perhaps if we were all to e-mail or 'phone Guest Relations at Disney WORLD, and request that it be made a national promotion, it might help those of us who have no possibility of getting to Chicago or Florida in time. Does anybody know of an e-mail address or 'phone number for such things?

I called the Disney @ MCO on Tues and MCO ones are not TDS. There are 2 TDS listed in Orlando. I called one and I did not get the name of the mall. BUT they are partisipating. I am flying in this Sun night. TDS closes @ 6:00pm. I will have to buy my AP @ MCO and then go Mon morning to buy the rest of the passes. I need the AP to check in.

I went to the Dadeland mall in miami fl they are running the $50 GC deal. I asked 3 different cms there and they said you can buy seasonal and annual passes with the offer. They also said they were told there was no date that this deal woud end that they are to just selluntil there are no longer any giftcards for them to give out. hmmm, i will definitly be buying my passes very soon. I am also checking TDS at the falls in miami to see if they are offering the deal and what they know about it!

I contacted TDS @ Florida Mall (about 7 miles from Orlando Airport) they are participating. They said that this promotion will end on Nov. 25th. They said you can use the $50 gift card to buy Disney dollars, but can't use the gift card to purchase other tickets. I called about this not once, but twice because I wanted to make sure I got the same info. Their phone number is 407-240-4411.

I called Orlando Mall Disney Store - talked to CM Stephanie and can confirm that DreamingofDisney's info is correct. She checked out the purchase of Disney Dollars with her supervisor. I told her I would see her next Saturday!!;)

I didn't think it could be done, but after reading it here - I called my local Disney Store. The CM said I could, so I hurried over to the store before they found out otherwise! I had my DD with me, and was able to get $400 in Disney Dollars - paid for entirely by the gift cards I got earlier in the week! :)

Does anybody have directions to the Florida Mall lets say from the Orlando Airport?

Take the North exit form the airport and get on the Bee Line heading west. Take the McCoy exit. McCoy turns into Sand Lake Road and the Florida Mall is on Sand Lake (it will be on the left had side of the road).

Is Florida Mall or Fashion Square closer to Downtown Disney? We arrive late so we'll have to backtrack the following day.Thanks for the info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter