My Family Trip Report for March 2013

Its to pump up the crowd, kind of like an opening act I guess.

And it grates terribly as far as I'm concerned, as it's so out of character with the rest of the show which follows - more suitable for something like American Idol (yuk, in other words).

Andre

And it grates terribly as far as I'm concerned, as it's so out of character with the rest of the show which follows - more suitable for something like American Idol (yuk, in other words).

Andre

Shhhh, I don't like American idol either. But the little one does. She also watches X-Factor also.

Venom, thanks for the info on the MM fantasmic package. We are doing it for the first time in June. Glad to know the food is good and the VIP treatment at the show is worth it. Hope you have time to get back to your report soon :)

Wow, Venom, so sorry to hear about the food poisoning. Having been a survivor of Norovirus, which you can get through food as well, so it's a misnomer when named stomach flu. Used to be called Norwalk virus. It is beyond hideous. On the bathroom floor, feeling like you'll die kind of situation. There's no vaccine, hard to find human volunteers because it is so hideous to study! LOL Lots and lots and lots of water is the best thing for either food poisoning or Noro...the solution to pollution is dilution. If you can dilute out the causative agent, you'll go further ahead in the recuperation process. Poor little dear.

How unfortunate this experience, but you are sharing some good information. We were in Oak in December and didn't notice what you did...thankfully. I'm sure bugs, in general, are hard to eradicate in FL since it never freezes. One good thing about living in OHIO!

Loved your photos, they are beautiful!! You (and Andre) were so helpful for planning our trips to POR. I won't give up on POR, but nice to have this information!. I'm kind of a 'don't eat chicken' out person because I also got Salmonella once in restaurant, so I'm chicken, no pun intended!

Please be careful to claim you or someone you know "got food poisoning". Foodborne illness has to be diagnosed by a medical professional. There is NO WAY to tell you have a foodborne illness unless you have had a stool sample tested and it is confirmed. When someone becomes ill with foodborne symptoms they normally assume it was the last meal they ate. It is very possible that the person picked up norovirus (that can be picked up anywhere, (rides, door handles, remote controls etc. pretty much anywhere) and had the virus on their hands and then when they ate they ingested it. It is impossible to tell if you have a virus OR a foodborne illness by just "guessing", they both have the same symptoms.

Please be careful to claim you or someone you know "got food poisoning". Foodborne illness has to be diagnosed by a medical professional. There is NO WAY to tell you have a foodborne illness unless you have had a stool sample tested and it is confirmed. When someone becomes ill with foodborne symptoms they normally assume it was the last meal they ate. It is very possible that the person picked up norovirus (that can be picked up anywhere, (rides, door handles, remote controls etc. pretty much anywhere) and had the virus on their hands and then when they ate they ingested it. It is impossible to tell if you have a virus OR a foodborne illness by just "guessing", they both have the same symptoms.

Well we did end up getting it diagnosed earlier in this thread I mentioned that she had been seen and they established food poisoning.

I work in the public health field. I am not disputing that someone told you it was "food poisoning", however many doctors will say this without having conclusive stool sample results. I hate to say this but many doctors "guess" this is what it is. I just wouldn't want you to stay away from a restaurant or place, when in fact that is not even where your daughter got ill. Thankfully, she recovered and that's the most important part.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter