My first ever pre-trip Report! *UPDATED* Proposal Pics added 09/10/08

Fantastic idea, but thinking as a woman will she have enough clothes and stuff to take if she thinks she is only going for a weekend!

Good point :thumbsup2

She'll def have enough stuff as we're going to France in July, so she's already getting all of her holiday stuff for that, but making sure she packs enough might be a problem.

Maybe I'll give her a few days notice that we're going away for 2 weeks rather than 5 days :rolleyes1

I did a similar thing for DH's 40th. He thought he was going to Dublin or Amsterdam for a few nights but instead we went to Vegas with some friends. My Dad took us to Manchester airport where we flew to Gatwick and stayed overnight. I didn't tell him where we going until the next morning when we "bumped into" our friends in the hotel lobby!

The packing may be your only problem. I was ok as I did the packing for DH but I don't think your girlfriend would appreciate you packing for her:rotfl2:

I think your best bet would be to tell her a couple of days before - maybe cook her a nice meal and give her a pre-birthday pressie - something Disney related with a note telling what you have planned (minus the big question). This will at least give her a chance to get any last minute things she feels she may need - and lets face it, what women doesn't need to do some last minute shopping:rotfl:

Good point :thumbsup2

She'll def have enough stuff as we're going to France in July, so she's already getting all of her holiday stuff for that, but making sure she packs enough might be a problem.

Maybe I'll give her a few days notice that we're going away for 2 weeks rather than 5 days :rolleyes1

Awww you are such a lovely guy,very considerate and your Em would be mad not to snap you up straight away!
please would you marry me, i will get a divorce from my current DH real quick !!!!!!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Fantastic plans and ideas.

Mythos, I too can recommend, is near Poseidon's Fury. We had a lovely meal there last year and intend going there a lot this year.

I would give your girlfriend more notice about the length of time she will be away because she will need to pack properly. Em may also need to make arrangements for things happening whilst she is away, eg bills, appointments, etc. The only other problem I can see is if she wants to spend money other there and having the cash/credit cards available.

It would be a lovely surprise if you can manage to keep it till the drive to the airport and I would suggest having a guide book for her to look at once she knows. Or prepare your own holiday book of where you are going.

Fantastic plans and ideas.

Mythos, I too can recommend, is near Poseidon's Fury. We had a lovely meal there last year and intend going there a lot this year.

I would give your girlfriend more notice about the length of time she will be away because she will need to pack properly. Em may also need to make arrangements for things happening whilst she is away, eg bills, appointments, etc. The only other problem I can see is if she wants to spend money other there and having the cash/credit cards available.

It would be a lovely surprise if you can manage to keep it till the drive to the airport and I would suggest having a guide book for her to look at once she knows. Or prepare your own holiday book of where you are going.

Thanks for the Mythos Location!

We already live together so I can sort out all bills etc out prior to us leaving.

As for spending money, I recently introduced a friend of mine to our firm and as a result of her getting a job here, I'll be getting a £2k introduction bonus which will be paid to me at the end of August. Perfect timing or what?! :yay:

I'll def have to give her more notice though, I hadn't really thought about the practicalities telling her the night before!

Great idea on the guide book :thumbsup2 I think I might do as you suggest and prepare a holiday folder type thing for her

I'll be getting a £2k introduction bonus which will be paid to me at the end of August. Perfect timing or what?! :yay:

Class, well that bits sorted then.:) Don't see why you cannot surprise her then, as long as, Em knows it is 14 days for packing. You could always say, you are gettting a bonus so you thought you would extend the holiday she knows about.

The only other thing is to watch you don't leave anything lying around or have anything coming through the post or having the TA ring you up at home informing you your tickets for Orlando are waiting to be collected. Hope it all works out.:)

Class, well that bits sorted then.:) Don't see why you cannot surprise her then, as long as, Em knows it is 14 days for packing. You could always say, you are gettting a bonus so you thought you would extend the holiday she knows about.

The only other thing is to watch you don't leave anything lying around or have anything coming through the post or having the TA ring you up at home informing you your tickets for Orlando are waiting to be collected. Hope it all works out.:)

Tell me about it, after I booked I had an answerphone message from the travel agent asking if i wanted to purchase disney tickets for our holiday in Orlando....

Luckily I heard the message first and deleted that bad boy. Talk about a close escape :rotfl2: Since then the only phone number I've given out is my mobile!

Tell me about it, after I booked I had an answerphone message from the travel agent asking if i wanted to purchase disney tickets for our holiday in Orlando....

Luckily I heard the message first and deleted that bad boy. Talk about a close escape :rotfl2: Since then the only phone number I've given out is my mobile!

Nightmare. Glad they only have your mobile now. Just don't act suspicious if the TA rings you up and then say it was 'nobody' if Em's about otherwise you may end up in deep water.:rotfl: Luckily I don't think the TA would be contacting you that often, only to inform you that the tickets are in I would have thought.

I would love a surprise trip to Orlando and I am sure Em will love it because there is simply no where quite like it. I don't know if Em likes shopping but you may find yourself in a mall or two.

The other thing I forgot to say is you may be best visiting parks in the morning as opposed to in the afternoon. I know when we go, the lines are always longer late morning/pm but usually we have arrived when the park opened and have anything we want to do in a few hours. However, we go in July/August when it is peak time don't know what crowd levels are like in September. Still it would make sense to arrive early and get more of the park done, with the minimum of waits, instead of arriving late and getting less done and spend more time lining up. Then you could always have a relax by the pool before going on to do something else.

Wow, what an amazing trip you have planned. And the surprise makes it even better. September is my favourite time to visit - the weather is perfect and the crowds aren't too bad. If you can fit it in (and fancy it), I love Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom. Although it doesn't have the horror element, it has an amazing parade, fantastic fireworks and more candy than you could ever eat.

Laur's princess:

P.S. I am a proud redhead too :)

Thanks for the Mythos Location!

We already live together so I can sort out all bills etc out prior to us leaving.

As for spending money, I recently introduced a friend of mine to our firm and as a result of her getting a job here, I'll be getting a £2k introduction bonus which will be paid to me at the end of August. Perfect timing or what?! :yay:

I'll def have to give her more notice though, I hadn't really thought about the practicalities telling her the night before!

Great idea on the guide book :thumbsup2 I think I might do as you suggest and prepare a holiday folder type thing for her

Sorry I didn't get back sooner but I see you have the answer anyway.:thumbsup2

Wow, wow & double wow!

I still don't think you should tell her until you get to the airport.

You've said you're going on holiday in July to France so take loads of photo's of her in her clothes and then pack some of them, let her pack the others for her 'weekend' away and then give her some spending spree money for new stuff while she's out there!

Maybe I should change my California Grill reservation to your night so I can see it happen ::yes::

Good luck though :thumbsup2

Can anyone on here tell me how to multi quote?

I want to say thanks to everyone who has posted but don't want to take up all the space on the thread!! :rotfl2:

Wow i was just having a nose at trip reports and i must say this is wonderful :cloud9: !! I would never be able to keep it secret and i dont think it would cross my bf's mind to plan anything like this. Its soo special - its made me really excited and i'm not even going- I'm sure Em will love it.

I agree with some of the other posts keep it as a surprise but just let her know she will need to pack for longer and for the weather. I think it would be really nice to make her a little WDW/orlando pack - something nice and creative then she can open it and then you could explain or you could buy her a few items as presents that are clues to where you going and give her them one at time throughout the few days before you go.

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time and good luck with the proposal :wizard:

Oh with regards to multi quoting- click on the button with the speach marks on each post you want to quote and then on the last one click on quote- it will take to the advanced reply and all the quotes will be in the box- just add what you want to say under each quote

Wow i was just having a nose at trip reports and i must say this is wonderful :cloud9: !! I would never be able to keep it secret and i dont think it would cross my bf's mind to plan anything like this. Its soo special - its made me really excited and i'm not even going- I'm sure Em will love it.

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time and good luck with the proposal :wizard:

Oh with regards to multi quoting- click on the button with the speach marks on each post you want to quote and then on the last one click on quote- it will take to the advanced reply and all the quotes will be in the box- just add what you want to say under each quote

I don't think it would ever cross Em's mind!!!

Thanks for the multi quote tip, time ot give it a go!

Sounds great :thumbsup2

Cheers Beth :)

I wish to make an appeal to a moderator to have this thread closed down!

I mean its not fair on us mear motal males. This guy with all his romantic ideas is making me look bad!!!!!!!!!!;)

Believe me Morgstar, I'm still in a state of shock I'm actually capable of organising something, let alone keeping it secret!

I did a similar thing for DH's 40th. He thought he was going to Dublin or Amsterdam for a few nights but instead we went to Vegas with some friends. My Dad took us to Manchester airport where we flew to Gatwick and stayed overnight. I didn't tell him where we going until the next morning when we "bumped into" our friends in the hotel lobby!

The packing may be your only problem. I was ok as I did the packing for DH but I don't think your girlfriend would appreciate you packing for her:rotfl2:

I think your best bet would be to tell her a couple of days before - maybe cook her a nice meal and give her a pre-birthday pressie - something Disney related with a note telling what you have planned (minus the big question). This will at least give her a chance to get any last minute things she feels she may need - and lets face it, what women doesn't need to do some last minute shopping:rotfl:

Good advice Young Pooh, I'll def let her know a few days before that we're going away for a longer holiday :)

Awww you are such a lovely guy,very considerate and your Em would be mad not to snap you up straight away!
please would you marry me, i will get a divorce from my current DH real quick !!!!!!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Some might say she would be mad to say yes to me :rotfl2:

Nightmare. Glad they only have your mobile now. Just don't act suspicious if the TA rings you up and then say it was 'nobody' if Em's about otherwise you may end up in deep water.:rotfl: Luckily I don't think the TA would be contacting you that often, only to inform you that the tickets are in I would have thought.

I would love a surprise trip to Orlando and I am sure Em will love it because there is simply no where quite like it. I don't know if Em likes shopping but you may find yourself in a mall or two.

The other thing I forgot to say is you may be best visiting parks in the morning as opposed to in the afternoon. I know when we go, the lines are always longer late morning/pm but usually we have arrived when the park opened and have anything we want to do in a few hours. However, we go in July/August when it is peak time don't know what crowd levels are like in September. Still it would make sense to arrive early and get more of the park done, with the minimum of waits, instead of arriving late and getting less done and spend more time lining up. Then you could always have a relax by the pool before going on to do something else.

I was thinking of going to parks in the afternoon so we could have a few lie ins (I'm not much of a morning person!) :rotfl2: But mornings would seem to be better spent in the parks......

Wow, what an amazing trip you have planned. And the surprise makes it even better. September is my favourite time to visit - the weather is perfect and the crowds aren't too bad. If you can fit it in (and fancy it), I love Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom. Although it doesn't have the horror element, it has an amazing parade, fantastic fireworks and more candy than you could ever eat.

Laur's princess:

P.S. I am a proud redhead too :)

I did consider MNSSHP but didn't really fancy it. But if there's lots of candy I may have to reconsider :rolleyes1

I've heard September is a good time to visit - I'm just glad our birthdays arent in July!

EDIT - Woohoo - the multi quote worked :) :)

I did consider MNSSHP but didn't really fancy it. But if there's lots of candy I may have to reconsider :rolleyes1

Here is a picture of our candy (2 adults) from last year :faint:

Florida07201.jpg

Laur's princess:

OMG!!! :woohoo: What a trip and what a guy!!! :goodvibes Have a wonderful, magical time and I hope your romantic surprise is a fantastic success... Can't wait to read more, Craig... :yay:

I wish to make an appeal to a moderator to have this thread closed down!

I mean its not fair on us mear motal males. This guy with all his romantic ideas is making me look bad!!!!!!!!!!;)

Yes he is! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 I shall be making my DH read this pre-trippie so he can get with the programme... :rolleyes1

OMG!!! :woohoo: What a trip and what a guy!!! :goodvibes Have a wonderful, magical time and I hope your romantic surprise is a fantastic success... Can't wait to read more, Craig... :yay:

Yes he is! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 I shall be making my DH read this pre-trippie so he can get with the programme... :rolleyes1

Thanks for the kind words :)

Now, I need to start thinking about a ring......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter