• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My Guide is Leaving Me

When we called for info, no one ever contacted us, so when we bought resale and saw that we were given the same person, it was not my best news.

How many guides are there, anyway? Also, how inportant is it to have a good one? I'm just not sure if I should even pursue it.

We've never met Michelle, but I can guarantee you that she's one of the most friendly and sincere people that I do business with! I would recommend her in a heartbeat!

I don't even talk to my guide anymore!!!

What reasons are there to keep in contact with your guide after the sale? Just curious...

CRSNDSNY said:
I don't even talk to my guide anymore!!!

Well, that's just rude! ;)

Your guide is your personal representative, a liaison of sorts.

My guide, Michelle MacAlister, has been around Disney for years and knows all of the ins and outs of DVC. She can get answers to questions that I have very quickly because she has access to people that I do not (and never will). Everyone likes her and she always follows up on any concerns I have. She is one of the benefits of a DVC membership and I highly recommend her to everyone.

Right after we purchased we took a trip down and planned on meeting with our guide and taking a tour of the SSR models with her. We had set up a time and day to meet her and it never worked out. After waiting for her for about 15 minutes, the DVC CM claimed (at the DVC center when it was at the BW) she was running late and would be there in an hour. AN HOUR??!! Why would I wait an hour while on vacation to meet with her? That is wasting precious time IMO.

Grrrrrrrrr.....

not that I'm bitter or anything! ;)

and she is so nice also. We did the tour and almost purchased through Disney, paid the deposit in and everything, and then got cold feet and cancelled. We decided that we didn't want to go into debt for our membership. When we purchased our small resale contract she called to congratulate us for getting a solution that worked for us. I thought that was so nice.

Of course with only 50 points per year, we are prime candidates for add ons......which is our plan anyway.

NJOYURLIFE said:
and she is so nice also. We did the tour and almost purchased through Disney, paid the deposit in and everything, and then got cold feet and cancelled. We decided that we didn't want to go into debt for our membership. When we purchased our small resale contract she called to congratulate us for getting a solution that worked for us. I thought that was so nice.

Of course with only 50 points per year, we are prime candidates for add ons......which is our plan anyway.
Hi fellow NEPA'r!!!

CRSNDSNY said:
Hi fellow NEPA'r!!!

I'll bet I'm further northeast in PA than both of you!:cool1:

Melody: You should think about requesting a new guide. My first guide was terrible and I switched to Michelle on someone elses recommendation. SHe stuck with me for many years before I actually purchased and now that I have she still returns my calls.:flower:

JohnNJ said:
I'll bet I'm further northeast in PA than both of you!:cool1:

Melody: You should think about requesting a new guide. My first guide was terrible and I switched to Michelle on someone elses recommendation. SHe stuck with me for many years before I actually purchased and now that I have she still returns my calls.:flower:
Hmmmm...something to think about. :)

It's nice to see that people were satisfied with their guides. We, on the other hand, unfortunately got who we did. He was "attentive" until we were a done deal. From that point forward, we never heard from him again....even when we encountered problems. It's disgraceful if you ask me and, unfortunately the bad ones don't leave and the ones people rave about do.

Diane was great. We talked several times a year. She would call if there was anything new or sometimes just to say she see's I'llbe down in XXX. I would call her if I wanted any of the great rumors disspelled or to be put on the add on waitlist. She also was in invaluable person to me with a costly mistake MS made on my account. I got the run around over and over and she fixed it for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter