My NEW Fold and Go Wheelchair is the best investment that I have ever made. Great at Disney and eve

How do you install a custom joystick handle? (Been considering on getting a BodyPoint handle).
My daughter has a BodyPoint goalpost handle in her joystick.
The joystick is just a skinny straight piece of metal with the handle removed. Handles normally have a hole that fits over the piece of metal (at least on all my DD’s power wheelchairs). It may fit just by tightness and gravity or there may be a small set screw that butts up against the piece of metal.

How do you install a custom joystick handle? (Been considering on getting a BodyPoint handle).

On the F&G, you will just pull straight up on the joystick *handle* (not the weatherproof rubber boot underneath.

The joystick stem is ¼ size.

I ordered a BodyPoint Dome as well as the custom-made dome and they both arrived earlier today (it's not tomorrow until I go to bed LOL). No sure which one I am going to try first!

Our hope is to rent any motorized-folding-lightweight-joystick controlled chair for a couple weeks, take her to parks and botanic gardens to get used to it, then encourage her parents to buy a Fold & Go :)
Any creative ideas welcome :)

This is an old post, technology is better now. I would locally rent a Whill. I have a permanently disabled family member who only uses a Whill (and sometimes a manual chair for Uber).

Ive driven the Whill plenty myself and I thought the joystick was very easy from the first time I drove it. The Whill will fit in a normal sedan or small SUV. It’s too heavy for a single person who isn’t a strong guy, but it’s easy for two.

The Whill just looks cooler than all of these options, which might really matter to a kid. It’s a lot less bulky. You can at least call Whill and talk to them. They’re very nice.

Contact Bodypoint or the maker of your wheelchair/controller. They will be able to tell you the stem size.

Bodypoint information sheet on Joystick

LOL ironically enough, I had called F&G a couple of weeks ago, to ask if they knew the stem size, and... No one there seemed to know!

My husband finally just pulled the "stick" part of the joystick off, straight up, and used his calipers to measure the (now-exposed) stem.

I need to let the folks at F&G know our findings! LOL...

and another question, for any current Magshock owners, are the circled parts round?
It looks like you circled the long frame pieces that hold the batteries - they extend on a diagonal from the back to the front of the chair. These are rectangular in cross section. Most other pieces of the frame are round. Here's a picture I just took, hopefully this helps.

It looks like you circled the long frame pieces that hold the batteries - they extend on a diagonal from the back to the front of the chair. These are rectangular in cross section. Most other pieces of the frame are round. Here's a picture I just took, hopefully this helps.

View attachment 621780

Generally speaking, the major structural sections of the chair are the oblong "oval" tubing. Aside from the battery boxes that run along the sides (because @bluecruiser beat me to it with the picture! LOL) the majority of the undercarriage is either round tubing, or there are a few flat pieces around the computer.

Here's another view of the undercarriage: (note to other F&G owners: always blur/remove your serial number from posted pictures and never share it: F&G wants to make sure that they do not inadvertently give away your info to a stranger, and they do not want to sell parts to non-owners)

IMG_0046.jpg

View attachment 621780

I was talking about the section that folds the chair.

I was talking about the section that folds the chair.

What exactly do you need to know, so that we can get better pix for you - for example, do you want to attach something to the frame? Remember that the area around that hinge point has to remain clear so that the chair will properly fold.

Have you gotten your F&G? I don't know why, but I thought it was on order?

What exactly do you need to know, so that we can get better pix for you - for example, do you want to attach something to the frame? Remember that the area around that hinge point has to remain clear so that the chair will properly fold.

I’m looking at seat belt options and need to know if the bars in the back are the normal round type or if they’re oval like. But if they can’t have anything on them, idk what i’ll do. And no, I didn’t get my new one yet

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter