Na'Vi River Journey - Rider Switch Or No?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danimal

Earning My Ears
Hey all, just a quick question. I have read multiple reports on these boards of people using Rider Switch on Na'Vi River Journey. I also see it listed as a Rider Switch on websites like Touring Plans. However, Disney does NOT list it as an attraction with Rider Switch. This will obviously affect our FastPass plans in a major way. Can anyone confirm or deny whether or not Rider Switch is offered on NRJ? Thanks in advance!

This is from Disney's Na'vi River info:
Interests
Indoor, Avatar

Rider Switch
  • Rider switch offered.

This is from Disney's Na'vi River info:
Interests
Indoor, Avatar

Rider Switch
  • Rider switch offered.
So once I saw the note above, I called Disney to ask (because of the conflicting information on their website). Turns out (according to the CM), that NRJ does indeed offer FastPass, but ONLY to riders whose parties are in the standby line. I've never heard of this distinction at Disney before, but figured it would help people be aware as they plan their FP strategies.

Thanks for reporting this!

It must be their way of keeping the FP lines shorter and to deter people from splitting their FPs between FoP and Na'Vi to gain the 3 FP riders on the Swap Passes.
And that's another thing! If you read the FastPass rules today, they state that Rider Switch is only good for 2 people. When I was there 2 years ago, we could have 3! No idea when they changed this

And that's another thing! If you read the FastPass rules today, they state that Rider Switch is only good for 2 people. When I was there 2 years ago, we could have 3! No idea when they changed this
It hasn't changed - it's still 3 riders on the Swap.

There have been recent photos on Instagram of a Swap Pass and it clearly is good for 3 riders. :)

Why is rider switch offered for this ride? Is it scary? I have an anxiety-filled 7 year-old that might need to bypass this ride if so. I know he won't be doing FOP.

Thanks for reporting this!

It must be their way of keeping the FP lines shorter and to deter people from splitting their FPs between FoP and Na'Vi to gain the 3 FP riders on the Swap Passes.

I found this out by accident and this is a loophole they should be closing instead of worrying about annual passholders not checking into every park where they have a fast pass booked. They should be scanning each member before handing out the swap pass. Otherwise your giving a free ride to people.

It's a case of the website has never been correct. Typo or someone can't count or something. The passes themselves state they are good for 3

I found this out by accident and this is a loophole they should be closing instead of worrying about annual passholders not checking into every park where they have a fast pass booked. They should be scanning each member before handing out the swap pass. Otherwise your giving a free ride to people.

Ok...I don't know anything about this issue with Disney and AP holders. We have done APs for most of our trips, and I've never heard of a problem with this. Are they sending emails or something, or locking the app like they do for FPs for extra magic bands now? Wow...

Just a follow up on an old thread. Did our Disney trip last week. Asked for a Rider Switch for Navi River Journey and got one with no issues. I had booked FastPasses for FOP for myself, my 9 year old and my 7 year old while booking out FastPasses for NRJ for my wife and 4 year old. It let us get around the Tier One restriction at AK and skip the hour plus waits for both rides (as well as let my 9 and 7 year old ride FOP twice each day!). Hope this helps someone with their future plans!!!!

I can't for the life of my figure out what the rider swap pass would be for on this ride. It's not a baby swap pass - there's no height requirement and it's not scary. When you ask for one, what's your justification?

Agree. There is no reason to ask for one here other than to double up your FP+. No clue what your excuse would be. This is the most slow, gentle, relaxing, non-frightening ride they may have on property.

I'm trying to figure how a rider swap got the two kids double rides.

Everybody in the family got a FP. Mom and a 4 year-old got FPs for the Navi River, and Dad and the other kids got FPs for FOP. How did those other kids get double rides? What am I missing that I can't wrap my head around that?

So you just ask for a RS pass at Navi? Doesn't the CM ask to see the whole party? I'm confused. We leave in 4 weeks so I'd love some more personal experiences with this. As of now, DH and DS are doing FoP while me and DD are doing Navi. DD is not tall enough for FoP and I'm scared of motion sickness for FoP but I'm sure DH and DS would enjoy Navi and would love to get them a RS pass. I like clear cut answers.

kids got double ride on FOP (fastpass and rider swap pass with mom I would assume) -- then they got to ride NRJ with the rider swap with dad I would bet.
we do a similar thing on toy story/rnrc at hollywood studios - but no way do we assume to get a rider swap for toy story. I see why they don't swipe everyone - it would suck for the little kid to do nothing and that way he gets to ride toy story with me while wife and daughter do rnrc. daughter gets to then do rnrc with me too with the rider swap later....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter