NC-ATL-BLT-DCL-AKL-NC Aug 17-26 2012 PTR UPDATED 8/12!

Subscribing! I LOVED your last TR for your Alaska cruise. Can't wait to see how this trip goes for you.

Aww Thank you so much!! I am glad you enjoyed my Alaska TR, hopefully this next one can live up to the other...:rotfl2:

We are going to pick up some last minute things for our pirate costumes this afternoon, hopefully if all goes well, I will give you guys another little update tonight! Things are coming up so fast now!!! :banana:

Hi everybody!! I finally finished Jeremy's Pirate Outfit, well almost...LOL The only thing left I have to do is to sew on the buttons, and then it really will be finished! So I want to recap for you what all I did, well what we had, and what we had to buy/make etc!

_MG_6754.jpg

With the pattern in the previous posts, I made the Shirt and Vest from scratch! The pants are an old pair of gray dress pants, the sashes are two old pillowcases cut down the sides and wrapped around him...LOL The boots he already had lying around for a halloween costume that never cam to fruition. I know random, but he did happen to already have them! He is very excited to wear it on pirate night, and I think we may play around a little and make something else with it too, but you will have to wait and see if that comes to be!

So, since I took all of that time to make him a costume, I never got around to making one for myself. I started looking online to see what was out there, and then when we were going through yard sale stuff Friday, I had a Eureka moment! I found an old Guess snap front corset top that I had and wore when I was in my early twenties. I know it wasn't that long ago, but it is way out of style for me now! So I though..hmmm...I wonder what else I have lying around that could make me a pirate costume and this is what I ended up throwing together, I did make a store run to get some things to complement it, but overall I am very happy with what I happened to throw together TODAY! Here it is!!

_MG_6760.jpg

So first off, you have a white button down shirt that I happened to have in a storage tote under my bed! Second the black corset top that was in my yard sale stuff. Black calf-high boots that were in my closet. Now then, that is what I had already, now what I got today. We made a run to Party City to see what they had, we happened to find the necklace on sale for $1.93, the pirate hat headband was also on clearance, I bought a pair of fishnet tights, and some fingerless lace gloves, and that was that for the accessories. Then we made our way over to Goodwill and picked up that skirt which was all of $3.99! Our last stop was Walmart for the burgundy "sash" which is a see through curtain panel with the top portion cut off! I am very happy with what I managed to throw together on very limited time!

We think Pirate Night is gonna be fun! If we have table mates this time around, they may think we are crazy, or who knows what, but who cares! It is our cruise, and we are going to have fun and dress up for pirate night!! It doesn't matter if we don't have kids! So if I see you making fun of us for wearing pirate stuff, I am going to make fun of you for NOT wearing it...ROFL We are very excited, and that is all that matters to us, is that WE have a good time on our vacation!! Have A Magical Night Guys!! :thumbsup2

Alright everyone! Jeremy and I have 2 more days to go until we leave for our vacation! Can you believe that I still have not finished the FE Gifts!!! :eek::eek: I have 1 more (Adult Female) gift to finish, then 4 teen gifts to put the finishing touches on, then all but one of the Adult Male gifts to complete! I need to get going on this, before I have to finish them, and figure out how to pack them by tomorrow night! I am such a procrastinator! Yesterday Jeremy took care of all of the yard work that needed to be done before we leave, if he hadn't I swear we would have come back to a jungle for a backyard! We wouldn't have been able to find our two big dogs!

I think this is going to be my last update before I start my TR, unless I can think of something to put up tomorrow or Friday morning before we leave. We are pretty much all set, except for the packing and FE part, Actually now that I think about it, I have a WHOLE LOT of stuff to do, I really need to get started on this stuff! I better get started on everything! If you are going on the cruise with us, I can't wait to meet you at the Meet-Up! If you aren't, then I shall return soon with an action packed Trip Report for you to read! Of course it will have Navigators, Menus, Pictures, and as much as I can remember to write down for ya! So I guess I should say, See Ya Real Soon!!!

Brer Fox and Brer Bear are Causing A Commotion Upstream! This TR will start again momentarily, and by that I mean, when we get back from our Trip...hehe!!! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter