Need a quick answer about 11 month window!

JulieWent

DIS Veteran
I just tried to call MS to start booking my vacation for May 26, 2002. The CM I talked to said that I was one day too early... that they were booking for May 25, 2002 today. When I said that I was under the impression that they booked to the day, she said something about it depending upon how many days the month had. This sounds wrong, but I thought I'd ask any veterans out there. Should I be able to book for May 26, 2002 today, June 26, 2001?

The eleven month window is to the check out day, so if you wanted to stay May 26, 2002, you would be checking out May 27, therefore the eleven month window would be June 27th. The number of days in the months, 30, 31 has nothing to do with it.

The CM is correct as to how it works and it has nothing to do with number of days in a month, when booking the 26th day of a month the first day you can call is on the 27th of the month 11 months before..

I've always looked at it this way, 1/1/XX to 12/31/xx is one year, 1/1/xx to 1/1/xx+1 is one year and one day. So when I've booked I've always done the 11 months (or 7 months) plus 1 day and never had a problem. Hope this helps.

Thanks. I just tore through my membership guide and found this info there, too. Reading instructions is an important thing, I guess! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter