• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need Help With Last Minute Trip!

DaisyNY

DIS Veteran
Thinking of taking a last minute trip with my 19 year old daughter...Just the two of us! Have not stayed at either AKL - Kidani or SSR...which would you recommend - these are the only two with availability...Thanks!

We love AKL especially with a savannah view. We stayed at Saratoga and felt like it was very spread out and it takes a while to get to anything from there (except downtown disney)

AKV is a beautiful resort! Rooms are luxurious - and an added bonus are the balconies. Jiko is a topnotch restaurant. Also loved Sanaa. I'm not thrilled with Boma - tho I know it's a favorite of many.
SSR is just OK. Resort is spread out, all corridors are outside (ie - no air conditioning and you're exposed to the elements - somewhat like a 2 story motel...). Rooms seemed non-descript & dated to me when we last stayed in 2013. Turf Club (the only TS restaurant) was not really my cup of tea. However, if DD is interested in the nightlife at DTD, then perhaps SSR - as PP suggested.
However, if it were me, I'd go with AKV in a heartbeat...

ETA: Don't forget DTD is a massive construction zone right now. Not sure about walking path/boat to that area, but I'm sure others here will know.

Whatever your decision, I hope you and your daughter made some wonderful memories. In the grand scheme of things, the two of you being together and enjoying each other's company will far outweigh the resort amenities!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter