NEW Alamo Discount Code

chris1gill

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
I just found a new discount in today's travel section... This rate code is good through 3/31/03... The rate code is US it gave me a rate of 35.00/day - which was GREAT, it did not require a Saturday night stay & there was no rental length requirement (we need it for February). The compact car was 25.00/day or the SUV/Minivan was 35.00 day... the weekly cost was 130 & 219.00 respectively....

That is a FANTASTIC code, I just plugged in my dates for a full sized car and with taxes and surcharges it came to 149.76.
I still have a lower rate with National's EA (143.66) but, this sure is great for someone who does not have AARP.
Thanks again for sharing. :)

The intermediate was 140.41

The compact is more expensive than the intermediate or full size and it came in at 170.82.

I did not price out the economy or suv's or mini vans as I would not drive any of them. The convertable and others are too pricy, I will hope to get lucky on the EA. :)

In the past, the further out I booked a car rental, the better the price I received. But this year, it seems to be different.

Is it safe to say that the closer to the date you are going, the more likely there are to be discount codes?

We're not going until the beginning of July, and the best I can do is $238 for 8 days with Alamo and the DC discount for a full size car. This is much better than the over $300 rates I was getting with everyone else though. :):):)

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

I agree with you Gail, it's a great code... it worked particularly well for us, because we needed 2 days in Hawaii for next month & they were weekdays... the cheapest I'd been able to get was 80.00 (but one company dropped to 55.00 yesterday)... so to get the van for 35.00, I'm psyched!! I tried multiple bids through Priceline at 40.00 & had NO LUCK!!!

I also agree, this year is weird, the closer you are to dates, the lower the pricing seems to be...

It is now at the airport, I believe it shares a counter space with National now... whereas it used to require taking a shuttle....

Thanks Chris - do you know if they have anything like National's Emerald Club so you can bypass the counter?

Last week, I signed up for Alamo's "Alamo.com" membership. I got a 1-day rental for a convertible for $34.00! :bounce:

- Sharon

Thanks Chris - do you know if they have anything like National's Emerald Club so you can bypass the counter?

They have quick silver, but, you need a business affiliation for it.
So, for the "normal" vacationer, the answer is no.

This thread got me thinking that I should try and beat my price at National for a full size 1/17-1/26 for 261.28. I went to Alamo's site and plugged in info from the Entertainment book for 1 free day and my new rate is 198.60 including all taxes. Try using rate code J1- ID# 254495- coupon code# F8ZB, you'll need coupon and an Entertainment book card with you at pick-up. Thanks for the thread.

Sandra

mark & sandra,
Just a FYI, if you use the "us" or "og" code, you will find that the rate drops to 198.59 ( a penny saved is a penny earned, LOL) and you don't need a coupon or card.

Thanks GAIL HAYDEN- Just did my homework also and found the same thing out. I'll probably keep my "more expensive" ressie. The Entertainment Book has been good to me this year, got the Hard Rock for 125.00 and saved 63.00 on my car rental. I know I could have saved without the Entertainment book also, but I'm trying to justify my book purchase. Thanks for your input.

Hi, I just tried the og or us codes and they came up sold out....any advise????amy

corvair, what are your dates? Try to check the US code with a couple different kinds of cars, also the code is only good through 3/31.... if that doesn't work, try the Entertainment code that was listed above, or, try the NHOL rate code through www.national.com & see what it gives you!

Thanks for the code. Saved $36. over my National rate. Every bit helps

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter