New AP programme announced

Pure madness.
If I want access to the Extra Magic Time, which for me is absolutely necessary, I would need to buy the €699 gold pass and I'm sorry to say, DLP is not worth €699. At this price, I'm not going anymore, maybe once every 4-5 years, staying with a package. The time of 2-3 visits per year is over.
I'll save the money for Orlando or the other International parks.

Last edited:
And all those benefits go away soon even for current Infinity holders!
Yeah there is a lot of unclarity about what we can still use for the duration of the pass.

I thought my thread got moved, but it is just one of my replies.

My other thoughts can be found here. https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...n-and-questions.3094378/page-22#post-64922315

@tennisfan can we keep this thread and my replies here? With this being big news, I would prefer to keep this in a separate thread and not the general one about APs.

Yeah there is a lot of unclarity about what we can still use for the duration of the pass.

I thought my thread got moved, but it is just one of my replies.

My other thoughts can be found here. https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...n-and-questions.3094378/page-22#post-64922315

@tennisfan can we keep this thread and my replies here? With this being big news, I would prefer to keep this in a separate thread and not the general one about APs.

I don't see it being a problem. I haven't moved/deleted anything. It would show as being moved

I don't see it being a problem. I haven't moved/deleted anything. It would show as being moved
Then I am going with: I was so upset with the chances, I didn't pay attention to where I was posting! :P

Really thought I saw a 'moved' notification...

Has anyone seen the valid-date calendars yet? I poked around a bit but did not see them.

Semi-relatedly, has TDR resumed AP sales at all?

Has anyone seen the valid-date calendars yet? I poked around a bit but did not see them.

Semi-relatedly, has TDR resumed AP sales at all?
No, not announced yet. But I assume the black out dates will be similar to what it was. The 300 days-pass will probably have the Christmas school break excluded. The 14th of July, Easter etc.

The lowest tier will probably blocked out most school holidays and/or the weekends.

Have a look at this website. Discovery had 150 days access and Magic Flex had 300 days access. It will probably look like this. https://dlptips.com/planning-tips/annual-passes/

For questions about Tokyo, I would post that question on the Other Lands boards. There is a section for Tokyo.

I took a day trip from London to the park to renew yesterday...!

I was turned away at the entrance to the AP windows with no information besides 'no renewals as of today', very confusing as the new pass system hadn't been announced yet! I spent about an hour trying to figure out what was going on, and then the press release dropped.

Weird day!

I took a day trip from London to the park to renew yesterday...!

I was turned away at the entrance to the AP windows with no information besides 'no renewals as of today', very confusing as the new pass system hadn't been announced yet! I spent about an hour trying to figure out what was going on, and then the press release dropped.

Weird day!
That is terrible bad luck :(

Then I am going with: I was so upset with the chances, I didn't pay attention to where I was posting! :P

Really thought I saw a 'moved' notification...

I couldn't see anything moved myself, not saying it hasn't. If it had been moved its by someone else. I always put a reason if I move something.

Pixiedust.be has started a reasonably serious thread on Facebook with the question: it is day 1 after the announcement, what are your thoughts.

It is in Dutch, so mainly Dutch and Flemmish (Belgium) AP holders participating. Most families say they are out for sure. A 800-1000 euro price increase is too much, with the loss of other discounts. Also many people say they will probably get APs at other parks like Europapark or Efteling, DLP's biggest rivals. And most are just pissed at this being the trade off, a lot more money for a lot less and DLP calls it an improvement and that they have listened to the AP holders. That is an insult, cause who would ask for this.

I do hope that certain things will return at a later date, but DLP cannot start them for financial or technical reasons. And they only restarted sales now because they need money.

Yes - what are the odds I would pick that day! I missed out on the email renewal codes by a day too, and come to think of it, they announced the end of AP sales on my birthday! I might be the problem here, ha ha!

I'm in an AP group on FB, there was a poll asking if you would be getting the new Disneyland Pass with 567 votes so far:

Yes - 5%
No - 85%
Unsure - 10%

Exactly the same commentary - a lot of unhappy people!

I'm not sure if I will or not yet. I have two trips booked (Eurostar and hotel) for this year, and Silver is €10 more than tickets. It's the reservation system that scares me, the worry that you won't secure a spot! There aren't really any perks at that level, a few € off food. It's more of a cheap ticket option now!

That is, if the Silver pass is available when I'm within my booking window. AND if I successfully receive the email renewal code, I won't be making another renewal trip! It's all a bit exhausting.

I'm not sure if I will or not yet. I have two trips booked (Eurostar and hotel) for this year, and Silver is €10 more than tickets. It's the reservation system that scares me, the worry that you won't secure a spot!
I consider myself lucky that I am single with no kids. I can be very flexible. The last few years with the reservation system, I either picked the dates first, then looked at hotel / train fares to make my decision. And furthermore, not having to deal with the reservation system made that I booked onsite.

Only one time I used the waitlist system, and I got a ticket about 10 days in advance. But yeah, hate to gamble.

If there were hotel discounts that would make the passes more attractive. Then you actually save more money. But otherwise, just booking a package deal with hotel & tickets, there isn't that much difference in price.

I'm similar, travel alone and have no kids - but I book incredibly far ahead to secure the cheapest hotel rates and train tickets. (£49 per night at B&B for Christmas in November!) I've always secured the reservations I've wanted too, but the nerves!

On the bright side, the reservation capacity being merged with the rest of the park (instead of the separate pool just for AP holders) should improve the situation.

If I lived in Paris I would still buy it.
But as someone who has to pay transportation and hotels for (to start to make sense) 3 trips a year, a €300 increase (from current Magic Plus to Gold, because I wouldn't buy without early entry) is too much to swallow.

Last edited:
Well, in the future you should be able to order your AP online, and as it will no longer be a physical card, it will be on the app. That should be an improvement. If it works 😉

How much money will DLP save by not having 5-10 CMs at the registers for APs and privilege tickets?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter