New AP programme announced

We've not previously had APs because we alternated between DLP and the US parks, so the hotel and ticket package came out as the best value for our once-a-year DLP visits. For various reasons, we decided to skip the US and enjoy Europe this year / next year, so we were going to pick up APs after our DCL Med cruise. Of course as soon as we decided on this approach, they stopped sales!

The price increase is roughly what I expected, but the loss of benefits means the value isn't great. And having previously decided to get one Infinity and one Magic Plus, the reduction in available days for Silver might mean we need to get two Gold passes - we'll see once the blockout dates are available. That really messes up the cost/benefit analysis I've been working on!

I think ultimately we'll still buy passes when (if?) they put them on general sale, because we've already planned a few trips around them over the next 12 months which I've estimated will come out ahead. That being said, I suspect it'll just be for one year, because if the renewal discount is gone then it's unlikely to work out in our favour again.

That is one I can't wrap my head around. The renewal discount wasn't that much. It is just a nice little incentive for people to renew. I get you remove the VIP places, because you need extra CMs to set it up, check passes etc.

But does this really bring in so much money that it is worth pissing off AP holders?

Last edited:
I'd love to know how they arrived at the new pass structure. It could be as simple as wanting to reduce the number of APs overall without any regard to the consequences.

I wonder if they're taking the opportunity to reduce the contractual benefits as low as possible with the idea of adding limited-time incentives when they want to top-up visitor numbers. In WDW they've offered bonus reservations and increased % discount at times - keeping benefits down gives more room to do that. Maybe just wishful thinking!

Pixiedust has published the blockout date calendar for Bronze and Silver. Not that exciting basically what they already had in the previous AP programmes.

Silver basically most of school holidays, Bronze is almost all weekends and school holidays.

https://pixiedust.be/blockout-days-...Nsc9imuwAEAtpv9YON7yTdSnzNNjQVsTtOA#gsc.tab=0

Not too bad, looks like we can get away with one Gold and one Silver. Interesting to see that the Silver and Magic Flex both offered 300 days availability but the dates differ slightly. I'd been looking at the Magic Flex dates earlier in the week because I thought they might use the same calendar.

Not too bad, looks like we can get away with one Gold and one Silver. Interesting to see that the Silver and Magic Flex both offered 300 days availability but the dates differ slightly. I'd been looking at the Magic Flex dates earlier in the week because I thought they might use the same calendar.
I assume there will be some differences each year around March-June, depending on Easter, Pentecoste and the other Christian holidays which jump around that time of year. (It is late and I am too lazy to look up the English term for these holidays 😉 )

The new AP´s are very very very........bad.

Only available for not more than 3 consecutive days? WHAT??? This is a AP.

Is Disney really thinking that there are a lot of people who travel more than 500 km or more to DLP only for 3 days and not more?!?

This will be the main reason that I will never ever get myself a AP (again).

And what about the opinion pool? Do they really believe that we are thinking all of those peolpe who were asking said that they will buy APs when they will be more expensive with less advantages ?

It is a shame.

And what about the opinion pool? Do they really believe that we are thinking all of those peolpe who were asking said that they will buy APs when they will be more expensive with less advantages ?
That's not the biggest thing, I do not think they believe that. My issue is that they sell it as if this is an improvement. Yes, but not for the guest.

A few months ago, I got a very extensive AP survey, and they really zoomed in on what kind of advantages do I find important, what am I missing etc.

I can imagine that a survey might indicatie that parking is not important to all, as DLP is very easy to reach by public transport for a large group. So tinkering with parking fees I can understand. But taking away parking at the front for your highest tier members. That literally costs you nothing.

Same with the consecutive days, this mainly impacts people from outside of France (I think), but I think this group is very small. What difference does it make if it is 3 or 4 days, or 5 when you look at the bigger picture?

I guess the message is clear: AP are for locals. If you're from abroad, book an hotel package. I got the message, I will let my current AP expire and visit far fewer times.

I assume there will be some differences each year around March-June, depending on Easter, Pentecoste and the other Christian holidays which jump around that time of year. (It is late and I am too lazy to look up the English term for these holidays 😉 )
Yes, those will likely move each year, but August 2023 (the only month where I can see availability for both types) is showing different dates:
  • Silver - blocked 1-9 August 2023
  • Magic Flex - blocked 5, 12-16, 19 August 2023

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter