New Carpool Thread

Read post below, what car are you in now?

• Car #1 - The Magic has not faded at all for me

• Car #2 - The Magic has faded, but I am optimistic that it will return

• Car #3 - The Magic has faded, and I am concerned that it will not return

• Car #4 - The Magic has faded, and I am pessimistic about its return

• Car #5 - The Magic is gone, I'm through with WDW

Results are only viewable after voting.
it seems to me the figures show about an even split between those generally satisfied or more vs. those generally disatisfied or less
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm guessing you're saying that based on the Car #1 + Car #2 data compared to Car #3 + Car #4, which in this poll does indeed show a 58% to 42% split.

But combining Cars 1 and 2 into a "generally satisfied or more" group is a new twist cooked up with the new poll; and Cars 1 and 2 in this poll are pretty much equivalent to Cars 1 and 2 in the old poll. The new poll really only broke up Car #3 into two cars. So to accurately measure the trend, we need to compare to the Car #1+ Car #2 data from the first poll.

If we go back and apply the "generally satisfied" rule to the old poll, they would outnumber "generally dissatisfied" 75% to 24%.

Even with the the new math, the "generally satisfied" group lost about 27%, while the generally dissatisfied grew 75%.

On a Disney-oriented board, and on this particularly pro-Disney board, I think those are numbers to be concerned about.

Jeff

Jeff, one thing you are missing. For the previous poll I skewed the results (I know, bad pollster) by posting a link on the Community Board and the Theme Parks board. There are so many Car #1 folks over there that are not part of the new poll.

Also, it's interesting to see how the Threemees have split themselves. Seems the majority of them find themselves concerned rather than doubtful.

The worst problem in making a meaningful comparison between the two polls right now is the sample size of the new poll. There just aren't enough responses yet to make many accurate conclusions.
it's interesting to see how the Threemees have split themselves
That's the kind of conclusion we really can't draw quite yet; we need to get the sample sizes much closer (and within the same overall pool; you'd have to post a link to the poll on the same "other" boards as before) before we can assume that it's a split of Car #3 that led to the particular results we've gotten. With the relatively puny sample size, the theory that "the Car #1 population is the same, but some 2's have slipped to 3's and some 3's have slipped to 4's" explains the current results at least as well as the theory "the populations of Cars #1 and #2 are the same, but some 3's have slipped to 4's."
the majority of them find themselves concerned rather than doubtful.
I haven't voted in this poll yet for a couple of reasons, but one of them is the difficulty I'm having deciding that question for myself.

I'd wager that the main difference between the "concerned" and "doubtful" groups (and to a certain extent, at least some of the "optimistic" group on Car #2) is how they view Eisner's future with the company. Whatever anyone thinks of Eisner personally, I think it's clear that he represents, engenders, and promotes a business philosophy that is not conducive to many folks' idea of "Magic."

I believe that, to a large extent, Car #4 is filled with those people who believe Eisner (or at least the business philosophy he champions) is here for the long-term, whereas Car #3 contains more folks who believe Eisner's welcome is thoroughly worn out, and the only question remaining is whether the new Grand High Muck-A-Muck has the inclination and the ability to redirect some of the Company's goals.

As it stands, I'm trying to decide between Car #3 and Car #4, but if Eisner retired tomorrow, I'd very likely be deciding between Cars #2 and #3, based on my perception of how closely such an executive would mirror Eisner's mission (of course, it could still be Car #4, if the next Big Dog is Iger or Pressler).

Jeff

PS: I posted mainly because Peter's post sounded to me like "well, the poll shows that folks aren't as upset as some of us may have thought." I wanted to chime in mostly because I honestly think consumer confidence in Disney is slipping at a dangerous rate. Peter (and the others who know who they are), I still don't mean to try to convince you personally that Disney is anything less than what you perceive it to be. Even so, I think it's important to acknowledge (what I believe to be) the fact that, overall, Disney's brand loyalty is slipping.

This is exactly the reason I voted for Car#3...I think that there will be a change, so although I am concerned, I believe something in the next year or two is going to drastically change:

Jeff said:
I believe that, to a large extent, Car #4 is filled with those people who believe Eisner (or at least the business philosophy he champions) is here for the long-term, whereas Car #3 contains more folks who believe Eisner's welcome is thoroughly worn out, and the only question remaining is whether the new Grand High Muck-A-Muck has the inclination and the ability to redirect some of the Company's goals.

I made that comment totally off the cuff & meant no disrespect to you 3's & 4's...My humor is oft-misunderstood!

The primary reason for this post is to bump it back up!
:cool: :cool: :bounce: :cool: :cool:

I suspect that gcurling and I could tell you who that voter is. :) (think about it) I could be wrong, it could be someone else, but I suspect not.

I suspect that gcurling and I could tell you who that voter is.
...so I guess, just like Car #4 in the first poll, Car #5 will shortly end up with "two" passengers...

Jeff

I'm sure it was his current Identity's Parting shot. And his next will be coming along soon enough.

...everyone was having so much fun being all clever 'n' allusional 'n' stuff, then you come along, and now there's beans everywhere... :p

Jeff

Pardon the mid-highway switch - but I'm just back today from 9 wonderful days at WDW and I had to leave my previous seat in Car #2 to join you folks in Car #1!

Every CM we saw or spoke with was wonderful....there was tons of live entertainment at every turn...it seems everyone was happy and smiling. The parks were clean and well-cared for. Our room at CSR was ideal and my sister & I truly had a magical time, including being picked to ride in Mickey's float during the Jungle Jammin' Parade.

Even with no E-nights, no early entry, reduced park hours, etc...it was just excellent. Any concerns I had about the magic being in danger were just whisked away.

Sigh...

hedgehog seems to have hit it on the head. A WDW vacation is what you make of it. Disney blew it bigtime from a Public Relations point of view but still has the Magic.

I maintain that reduced hours are better than no hours.

Rose colored & partially rose colored glasses sales must be increasing!;)

As far as the bigtime blow-up PR wise, I'm not so sure. What kind of long term negative promises to come from their so-called blunders? I think kinks will be ironed, mistakes corrected and in short time the negatives all forgotton. I don't believe Disney had the time nor inclination to spend more money on PR to announce cuts that were going to be reviled by some no matter how well it was sugar coated. I think the prime criteria of the moment was to cut expenses at all costs and batten down the hatches in case things worsened...Which fortuenately has not happened...

:cool: :cool: :bounce: :cool: :cool:

We're in car#3 after our Nov. 16-18th trip. I may need to repost after our Dec. 7-9th trip. Hopefully, it will be better!:smooth:

Car #1 here.

Every year I hear about how Disney is going downhill, and with each trip, I am pleasantly surprised to find the sky has not even begun to fall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter