New CDC Outdoor Guidance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am definitely not going against that science and am looking forward to not having to wear a mask. I am concerned how this would be enforced so that only vaccinated people are being unmasked - and then some concern with people who aren't masked and aren't vaccinated being near kids who can't get vaccinated, etc.

I just think in effect if a place says that unvaccinated people can be unmasked they have to be ok with anyone being unmasked - segregating is not practical
Segregating, over medical information, is not only impractical, it is illegal.

Y’all, it’s lifted. It’s done. The CDC said no masks for fully vaccinated inside or outside no matter how large the crowd. This still leaves tons of questions which include what “private” businesses/companies decide to do. Also:
1. What about 11 years and younger, as there is no vaccine. Do they still need to mask?
2. What about those of us that had the virus and have either antibodies or T cell memory? Will their be “passports” fir us?
3. What about kids ( 11 and under) that have previously had the virus and have the antibodies or T cell memory?
4. Do we need “passports” to prove?
They said between vaccinations and natural immunity we have now reached “herd immunity” which means, in layman’s terms, that enough of us are vaccinated ( manufactured or natural) to “protect the herd” so even those without antibodies/t cell memory “should” be protected. I’m assuming that is where the “children 11 and under” will be covered.
Disney still has the “right” to set their own rules, but the CDC says “masks off”
We have not reached herd immunity. We’re not really that close yet. Stop spreading disinformation.

Totally agree.

That's what we've heard for months - "Disney will drop it's mask mandate when the CDC recommends it".

Are people going to stand by that?

If so, WDW needs to drop the mask mandate for vaccinated people RIGHT NOW.
How can Disney know if someone is vaccinated? Remember that Desantis made it illegal for businesses to ask about vaccination status?

How can Disney know if someone is vaccinated? Remember that Desantis made it illegal for businesses to ask about vaccination status?

I don’t think they will. It looks like they will just drop the mandate for all when outdoors, according to Chapek’s comments this afternoon.

Then keep your kid masked until they can get vaccinated too.

Remember, just because a business decides to drop mask requirements doesn't mean you can't still voluntarily wear a mask.
This doesn't help your kid. The mask you wear protects everyone around you. The masks people around you wear protect you. It's being around other people who are unvaccinated and not wearing masks that is dangerous for unvaccinated people.

This doesn't help your kid. The mask you wear protects everyone around you. The masks people around you wear protect you. It's being around other people who are unvaccinated and not wearing masks that is dangerous for unvaccinated people.

An N95 protects the wearer. You can get them everywhere now. If you’re worried either wear one or don’t go.

No, the only thing that is illegal in FL is a business REQUIRING proof of vaccination status for entry.
FL law might allow for the honor system but DeSantis statement makes the intent of the law clear

“In Florida, your personal choice regarding vaccinations will be protected and no business or government entity will be able to deny you services based on your decision,"

The masks prevented my entire family (immediate and extended) from catching covid for the last 14 months. So...

FL law might allow for the honor system but DeSantis statement makes the intent of the law clear

“In Florida, your personal choice regarding vaccinations will be protected and no business or government entity will be able to deny you services based on your decision,"

Right. They can't deny services, but they CAN give better perks to vaccinated people who voluntarily share their status, like letting them take off masks, for example.

This change is likely to happen much more quickly than many may think.
I’m not commenting on when the mask mandate will be removed, but what incentive would Disney have to do so if demand is back to 2019 levels as the quote above says? That would tell me plenty of people are ok with going in the current conditions.

I agree that since WDW cannot put any procedures in place to determine who is vaccinated and who isn’t, that they will probably drop the outdoor mask requirement and keep the indoor mask requirement, at least for the foreseeable future. I would be OK with that, even though I am fully vaccinated. So long as I did not have to wear one outdoors in the heat, I would not mind wearing one indoors with AC. Going maskless indoors in public has always been one of the riskiest activities, especially when people are crowded together like they are in queues.

Remember that multiple people— including Fauci and Scott Gottlieb — have said that outdoor spread is VERY low risk regardless of vaccine status… so if Disney drops the mandate just outdoors, I think folks should still feel rather comfortable, especially in light of what the CDC said today regarding vaccinated individuals. We gotta start somewhere in regards to moving forward 😀

Oh, I am not opposed to moving forward, I just am questioning the practicality of having different mask and distance rules for vaccinated vs unvaccinated people as those who are unvaccinated will, in reality, also likely not wear masks if other people are.

So mostly a logistics thing ... I think if they move in this direction the companies doing this and those attending have to view it as basically everyone is able to not wear a mask

I agree that since WDW cannot put any procedures in place to determine who is vaccinated and who isn’t, that they will probably drop the outdoor mask requirement and keep the indoor mask requirement, at least for the foreseeable future. I would be OK with that, even though I am fully vaccinated. So long as I did not have to wear one outdoors in the heat, I would not mind wearing one indoors with AC. Going maskless indoors in public has always been one of the riskiest activities, especially when people are crowded together like they are in queues.
I agree that outdoors will be dropped sooner than indoors. I wonder if indoor compliance would be better if outdoors is dropped. Maybe people will be more willing to wear one properly inside if they have a break from one on the crazy heat and can drink and eat while being outside and walking. From recent reports compliance has decreased, but maybe lifting outdoors will be a happy medium for everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter