New Jersey DVC Members Group

What part of NJ are you from?

• Total voters
I second the BLT vote. You will want to be able to walk back mid-day. Or even twice in a day. Pushing kids past their limit is a sure recipe for success at Disney. haha. Hopefully you will have a good stroller napper and the walk back will be half the nap!

Book your 2 rooms at Poly at the 11 month then modify to BLT at 7 months. I am new to DVC but I know Sept is a generally low period. Who knows that will be happening the next few years though with all the banked points.

Personally the first time we took our kid to Disney she was 18 months and it was perfect! She was old enough to know this place looks different from "regular life" but didn't know why. I think she sat in her stroller 95% of the time just looking around amazed. We kept joking that maybe we should get her out to walk around but she was so happy just sitting there.
In 2019 I took my oldest and he was 15 months and it was great and we did stay at bay lake. I really wanted to try a different resort but I’m thinking in the mean time with two kids bay lake might just be our go to for the years to come.

Tom and I have Shop Rite appointments for the vaccine next week! I am so happy eligibility has been extended to those whom I think need the vaccine! :thumbsup2
How did u get the appt set up? We are now eligible but havent received the email back from the state. I suspect that will never come

How did u get the appt set up? We are now eligible but havent received the email back from the state. I suspect that will never come
We just kept trying to get an appointment at Shop Rite. You don’t need the email confirmation. I don’t know when they will open up more appointments.

We just kept trying to get an appointment at Shop Rite. You don’t need the email confirmation. I don’t know when they will open up more appointments.
Do you have to provide documentation. I know if it’s for age you have Id but I’m pregnant and I know fall into the group.

No documentation. Its open to preggers now! And smokers which seems kind of scummy that teachers are not eligible yet.
I AGREE!!!!! Like that’s your choice to be high risk just my 2 cents. Just realized even though I’m pregnant I have to wait 90 days after my first Covid positive test. So I still have to wait till end of February.

I AGREE!!!!! Like that’s your choice to be high risk just my 2 cents. Just realized even though I’m pregnant I have to wait 90 days after my first Covid positive test. So I still have to wait till end of February.
Ugh. This is a shirt show. I am in CM county and approx 200 people a day have been getting the vacc!! So in only a year and a half we should be all caught up!
If only there was some sort of forewarning or time to prepare for when the vaccines showed up.

Can you go to another county? I know I’m way up north but from what I hear Bergen County is really going full force.

Can you go to another county? I know I’m way up north but from what I hear Bergen County is really going full force.
Some counties are restricting to their own residents at their county sites (looking at you Essex) but the Shop Rites are all ok for anyone from anywhere.

With the addition of health conditions I’m eligible now (yay for my bad genes, for once) and looking this morning there isn’t an appointment available in the northern half of the state. Shop Rite’s page says check back tomorrow so perhaps they’re expecting to know what’s next then.

All these sites learn 1 week at a time what they’re getting the next week so I imagine they will all get notified around the same time and open scheduling for the week of the 25th around the same time.

If I see anything available I’ll let you all know - please do the same for me!

SRs are all booked up down here also. I book marked the page on my computer but I guess I should do it on my phone also. To check in a zillion times a day for when they expand availability.
I dont know why I feel so disappointed and hopeless for this situation. I should have known better than to think it would be anything other than “people who know people” then everyone else can wait forever.

My DSis got an appointment for March 20th....she’s happy for that. 65+ age group. Camden County.

I think you can just keep checking Shop Rite sites, I think they open up each week. I know DH had tried last week, nothing.

FYI, our local urgent care opens up future appointments for sick visits everyday at midnight. Not sure if the same might apply for vaccine appointments at places like ShopRite but it might be worth trying at 12:01 tonight.

So I just called the shop rite where we always shop and they don't have any and don't know when they will get it. He said the only people eligible at this time are first responders and people like that. Interest....I sure wish my husband and I could have gotten vaccinated, we leave Saturday for FL. I will just have to continue with plan 1, wearing our masks, washing our hands often and social distancing...I don't suppose you can get it in FL if your not a resident of that state...

So I just called the shop rite where we always shop and they don't have any and don't know when they will get it. He said the only people eligible at this time are first responders and people like that. Interest....I sure wish my husband and I could have gotten vaccinated, we leave Saturday for FL. I will just have to continue with plan 1, wearing our masks, washing our hands often and social distancing...I don't suppose you can get it in FL if your not a resident of that state...
It’s not that FL residents are getting theirs. I have two friends, different parts of FL, they call and have been told that the slots have all been taken.
Do what you say you will do, and I think, hope and pray that you’ll be OK.

One couple of our FL friends had been to WDW a few times, most recently between Christmas and NY. They have always felt that Disney was doing what it needs to do, and they have done what you will do. Their last trip was with grandchildren and family, they stayed at CBR, and everyone are fine...some back in TX now.

It is so much confused information! Our local Health Dept says we are in group 1a only. Which included first responders etc and teachers! Our teachers want to get it but the state hasnt said they were included yet.

You should look online bc my family from
Argentina knows several families that from Argentina are traveling to Miami and are getting vaccinated. I’m not sure the Florida governor is being too strict with how they roll out rap if they are vaccinating tourist from other countries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter