New Marriott Residence Inn/reviews/hercamore?

BigDave

Mouseketeer
Apologies if this is a repeat, I did a search and found some postings, but no real review.

Hercamore-- you posted the great rate from quikbook for a 2 bedroom. Would you give a brief review or if you already did one, let me know which board to find it on?

I am interested in the breakfast, the "social hour" and what the outdoor play/pool area is like. The past two years we have stayed at the Homewood on Palm Pkwy and we loved it and the location, but I am thinking of splurging on the 2 bedroom -- mostly for the extra bathroom. Is the road/area quiet and easily walkable for exercise?

Thanks to all who can help.

BigDave

Yes, I can help a little bit with info on the RI.

My teens and I stayed there in august in a spacious 2 br 2bath, full kitchen, eating area, and small lr. This is a new hotel out in the boonies (so to speak) on an extension road from palm parkway. If you stayed at homewood suites, the RI is l/2 mile further down.

The full hot and cold breakfast was vg. The food was broken up into stations, so it didn't seem like it was crowded at all. Very nice dining area in and outside by the pool to eat in. A good selection of sausages, eggs, pancakes, grits, yougurt,milk juice, rolls, batter to make a waffle, fresh fruit, canned fruit for toppings. .

We did not go out to the pool at all. I would say from memory is an ordinary pool, no fancy stuff, but still very nice.

The social hour is at 5 and is free. (hamburger nite, taco nite, etc. We didn't ever go because we at the parks at the time.

If your're thinking of walking or jogging on the road in front of the RI, I wouldn't. It is a very dark road, however, I suposed you could walk around the hotel parking lot. It is definitely a quiet area, not like the area around the 535 and plam parkway intersection.

There are no close restaurants within walking distance, you definitely need to drive to eat a meal out.

The bed mix we had was l king and 2 queens with very comfortable beds. I really like the bathrooms set up wiith each bath having an outside vanity area with drawers.

This hotel is a good value for $105 for a 2 br. If you want another suggestion for a 2 br unit, I would check out the hawthorn suites. I think they are very close to the homewood suites

The laundry area on our floor was a big spacious room. I want to add that our rooms were very quiet. We didn't hear any noise at all from the hall or other rooms.Any other questions, just ask.

Thanks Hercamore!

We always rent a car so distance isn't a problem. We liked the Homewood location because there is a sidewalk and when we felt energetic we would walk to Crossroads. It was also quiet as it was at the end of palm pkwy. We love the idea of a 2 bedroom, 2 bath-- mostly the second bath. The pool at the Homewood wasn't fancy either, but it suited our needs.

Do you have any idea of price for a 2br at the hawthorn or a good discount site? The best I have found for a 1 bedroom there for next Feb. is 109 with a Magiccard discount. For $5 less you can't beat the RI with 2 bedrooms. Of course, rates could go lower but we are going at a "peak" time.

My wife loves new hotels so she is eager to try this one out. It is more than we usually like to spend, but we might splurge this year.

Thanks again

BigDave

We are staying in a two bedroom at the RI this January. I can't wait! It will be so nice to have space and 2 bathrooms.

Can anyone give me specific driving directions from the airport and then to get to Disney? I can't find it on a map.

snoopylovertoo: We are staying here the week after Thanksgiving. The only place I have found for directions is the Marriott web site. Type in orlando and find the hotel. Then once you bring the hotel up it will give you direction and even a map I believe. I have also been told that this road is a new one and that is why its hard to find on any maps. hope this helps.

Big dave, I looked at the hawthorn website for the lbv location. Their rates are really high right now. I would call their 800# and see if they have any specials. I know they take AAA in addition to the magi card and maybe the entertainment card, too.

snoopylvr.: You're right, the road in front of the RI is a new extension and not on any current maps that I know of. You can call the 800# on the RI website for directions. Go to www.residenceinnlbv.com

I can give you directions from my memory: take the south exit from the aiport, take the 536 exit to state road 535 intersection. Turn right on sr535 and travel maybe 2 miles thru lots of stop lights to Palm Parkway. The Palm Parkway sign can be easy to miss, so look hard for it. It is on the right side of the road. You'll see a big days inn and then the sign.

Turn right on palm parkway, go past several hotel, and keep going onto the palm parkway extension road out into the new area.You might think you are lost, but just keep going, the RI is all by itself on the right side of the road. Hope this helps.

Thanks again Hercamore.

I have called the hawthorn 1-800 number before and not found any better discount. It might go down closer to the date. The florida vacation store has offered the one bedroom for 76-82, but they don't have rates for next year yet.

LisaRay and snoopylovertoo, would you post info and reviews when you return?

Thanks so much.

BigDave

Snoopylovertoo-- to get to Disney, just go back down palm pkwy, turn left at the light (but stay on the right side of the road) Hotel Blvd is about 1/4 to 1/2 mile up the road on the right and that connects to all points disney.

big dave, i check www.hotelkingdom.com for mid feb. for hawthorn suites l br.. Their rate is $99. They don't list a 2 br on the site.You might consider vistana villages on int. dr. I read on another thread 2 br at vilstana was going for $89. on the hotel kingdom website.

Thanks again hercamore. Just one more question. Was there any difficulty with the hotel having your confirmation? I have reserved for the end of February and thought I would check with the hotel to make sure they have our reservation. Just read where hotelkingdom doesn't send names til right before.

Unless I see a super rate elsewhere I will stick with RI. New is good and 2 bathrooms is best. We love the idea of breakfast right at the hotel. We tend to rise at different times. For that matter, we will probably hit a social hour or 2-- anything to stay within budget.

Thanks again

BigDave

No, there was no problem with our reservation. Right rate plus tax. I called the hotel a few days before our arrival to confirm, just in case.

I forgot to mention before the RI does have a shuttle bus to the parks. We didn't use it, tho. Also, they have a tiny grocery store in the lobby.

I read the thread about hotelkingdom sending names at the last minute. I would check with quikbook...see what their policy is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter