new member questions!

jasmine206

Mouseketeer
We are awaiting closing on a resale at OKW - 210 points! We are very excited but have lots of questions I'm hoping the experts on this board can help us with! First, we are going to WDW and staying at SOG with DM this October. We don't have points available until next June, so this is a cash vaation. Since we can get military discounted length of stay passes this trip, should we do that and get our AP at our first trip home to OKW? And what exactly is the discount that DVCers get on the APs? And what about PAP - is it worth it with DDs 3 and 5? Or should we wait on the PAP until they are a little older and get more use out of the water parks? Sorry so many questions - thanks in advance! :pinkbounc

hi: dvc members don't get discounts on aps-only the length of stay pass (i think they are currently called unlimited magic passes). as to whether or not to get aps, i guess it will depend on when your next trip will be and the length of stays each time. the break even point for aps vs. los passes is 8 days. if your first trip home will be within the year and the total of both trips is more than 8 days, then the ap would be the way to go. you can still get a small discount on your ap with a disney club card. hope this helped; post any other questions you have.

wdwnut, how much is the discount for length of stay passes (unlimited magic passes)?

There is a 10% discount on UMPs. This, and the Magic Years pass are the only major park discounts offered to DVC members. (There are discounts for PI and the water parks.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter