New permit posted for GCH DVC Today

dwelty

"God Bless 'em, let 'em pee"-Roy Disney
Was just on the Anaheim planning permit site. A new permit was just posted today (8/14/07)

BLD2007-01783 Description: "Addition to hotel (Grand Californian Hotel) shell only"

I am asuming that this is the exterior plans that they want to get approval for. I imagine the floorplans are still being worked on and will be filed later.

Looks like things are moving along pretty fast.

Great news!:yay: This is getting really exciting! Looks like we should hear some official announcement soon.

Great news!:yay: This is getting really exciting! Looks like we should hear some official announcement soon.

I would assume so. Once these files are released to the public, it is just a matter of time before they have to comment in some way. Disneyland is a little different than WDW. Construction on the GCH will attract alot more attention from the public than CRV simply because the Resort is so much smaller. I think we will hear something in a couple of weeks.

You should start a poll or contest on when the official announcement will be made!

You should start a poll or contest on when the official announcement will be made!

I'm going to guess October 1st since that's the date when DVC announced the Animal Kingdom Villas. There have other big announcements on Oct 1st in the past as well.

Here's hoping! :)

I'm going to guess October 1st since that's the date when DVC announced the Animal Kingdom Villas. There have other big announcements on Oct 1st in the past as well.

Here's hoping! :)

I think Oct 1st is a good guess. They always make big announcements in October. It is also start of their fiscal year, so that is when alot of new projects are started.

I think I might be more interested in this DVC rumor than the Contemporay one...

Oh and where can I get the clip art of the resorts? Thanks!

On the ball dwelty, thanks for the info! 10/1 is my guess for several announcements as well. It's the official 25th anniversary of Epcot, so looking towards the future makes even more sense this year than in others. I think an announcement in front of the newly renovated Spaceship Earth with the monorail just overhead and to the side would be quite fitting for this years big news. :wizard: Look kids, no wand! :woohoo:

Regards

I think I might be more interested in this DVC rumor than the Contemporay one...

Oh and where can I get the clip art of the resorts? Thanks!

OMG, off topic, but I love the clipart in your sig. We sat for a *long time* watching that guy. "$299, out of the box!" Did you know that he has his commercials on his website formatted for your ipod? LOL so funny. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter