• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

New Premium Annual Pass discount, But..

Tigger2ntinkerbell

DIS Veteran
I was just on dvcmember.com about the new discount for the Premium Annual Pass Price(Good from Feb 06/14 to Apr 30/14), but I was wondering about the Regular Annual Passholders ticket price??.

Does anyone know if the AP is discount more?? or is it the same discounted price $464.00 + tx ???? .

I couldn't find it on the ticket purchase list only the Premium AP. TIA

I assume for a new regular AP the price is still $464. The last time they had a special on DVC PAPs, the regular AP did not receive any additional discount.

I just had the weirdest online chat with MS :sad2:. I was asking why I couldn't find the AP ticket and things just went nuts.

I asked about the tax added on is it 12.5% or 6.5% on the "NEW" Premium and was told it's 6.5% , Ok so it should be about $31.46 on the APP ticket . The MS told me no, it's more like $40 and it's not exactly 6.5% - I'm sorry but WHAT:teacher:. Never did find out why we couldn't see the AP online :crowded:

I'm going to get me another cup of coffee. You guys have a great day. :rotfl2:

I just had the weirdest online chat with MS :sad2:. I was asking why I couldn't find the AP ticket and things just went nuts.

I asked about the tax added on is it 12.5% or 6.5% on the "NEW" Premium and was told it's 6.5% , Ok so it should be about $31.46 on the APP ticket . The MS told me no, it's more like $40 and it's not exactly 6.5% - I'm sorry but WHAT:teacher:. Never did find out why we couldn't see the AP online :crowded:

I'm going to get me another cup of coffee. You guys have a great day. :rotfl2:

I see it. Just went to the regular WDW site, went to parks and tickets (at the top) clicked on annual passes, clicked on check for special products and prices and signed in with my dvcmember username password. The regular AP discount then gets applied. You won't see the discount for the PAP until Feb 6.

So if I buy the PAP when it comes to renewal time can I just renew it as a regular AP or does it have to be renewed as an PAP?

So, what's the renewal price if I currently have a regular AP and want to get the premium when I renew? Any additional discount?

So if I buy the PAP when it comes to renewal time can I just renew it as a regular AP or does it have to be renewed as an PAP?

You can upgrade/downgrade to any level of annual pass you are entitled to at renewal time and pay the renewal rate in effect at that time for the new pass level selected. The renewal window is 60 days before and 30 days after the expiration date of your existing pass.

Does anyone know if this is similar to the last time they ran a discount, where you bought it during the window but you had 12 months (or something like that) thereafter to activate it? If so, do you know what the activation deadline is? I'd like to take advantage of it, but I won't need it until a little later in the year.

So, what's the renewal price if I currently have a regular AP and want to get the premium when I renew? Any additional discount?

The current renewal rate for a DVC PAP is unchanged at $494 (plus tax). You would save $10 (comparing untaxed prices) by purchasing a new DVC PAP for $484 (plus tax) under the upcoming promo.

Does anyone know if this is similar to the last time they ran a discount, where you bought it during the window but you had 12 months (or something like that) thereafter to activate it? If so, do you know what the activation deadline is? I'd like to take advantage of it, but I won't need it until a little later in the year.

The purchase window for the upcoming promo is 2/6 thru 4/30/2014. If you purchase a voucher, it must be activated by 1/31/2015.

Does anyone know if you can book FP+ in advance before this discounted PAP is activated? Or would I need to be there in person to activate it before I can link it to MDE and book FP+s.

How much was the PAP DVC ticket before? I know I was looking at them last week but I forget.

Can I buy this for my DIL for her trip to WDWr do I have to be with her to activate?

The member pricing (including this promo) is only valid for the member and immediate family that reside at the members address. The member would need to show their DVC Member ID card and all adults need to show a photo id with the same address as on the membership.

How much was the PAP DVC ticket before? I know I was looking at them last week but I forget.

A new DVC PAP is $584 (plus 6.5% sales tax), renewal rate is $494 (plus 6.5% sales tax).

DVC PAP promo pricing available 2/6 thru 4/30/2014 is $484 (plus 6.5% sales tax).

Does anyone know if you can book FP+ in advance before this discounted PAP is activated? Or would I need to be there in person to activate it before I can link it to MDE and book FP+s.

You can link either the will call confirmation number or the exchange voucher number (shipping fee required) to MDE which will allow selection of FP+ times. You would still need to visit a Guest Relations Location or Park Ticket Window to exchange for the actual pass and the expiration date will be based 1 year from the date the actual pass is issued.

According to DVC Member it states that a PAP is $484 and that it is a savings of $245. But when you go to the Disney World site to look up the price it states it is $584. When I do the math it seems like that is only $100 savings vs. $225. Am I missing something can someone please help me with the math?:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter