New Rumour Suggests Disney’s Hollywood Studios Meet and Greet Lineup Getting Slimmed Down

Crazy_Disney_Fan

Just a Disney Guy!
According to Theme Park Tourist’s Amanda Kondolojy, Disney’s Hollywood Studios‘ Character meet and greet lineup is getting slimmed down.

Should this rumour be true, the listed below character meet and greets will be getting the axe:
  • Mike from Monsters Inc. – Walt Disney Presents
  • Bo Peep from Toy Story – Toy Story Land
  • Frozone from the Incredibles – Pixar Place
No specific end date has been announced for these Character meet and greets, however rumours seem to indicate that these characters will be going away soon!

Let me know what you think of this rumour in the comments!

According to Theme Park Tourist’s Amanda Kondolojy, Disney’s Hollywood Studios‘ Character meet and greet lineup is getting slimmed down.

Should this rumour be true, the listed below character meet and greets will be getting the axe:
No specific end date has been announced for these Character meet and greets, however rumours seem to indicate that these characters will be going away soon!

This isn’t a rumor. The Star Wars stage show in the hub is also ending.

I love this reply, yeah, totally get that. I've always titled it a rumour until Disney announced it. If that makes it. It's better to be safe then sorry.
Disney doesn’t typically announce removals formally though. They sort of just happen. You just stop seeing them on the times guides and such.

Will something be replacing the SW stage show in that general area? Would like to see some more hollywood themed entertainment in that part of the park. Or a more advanced GE show

I hope the character meet & greets at HS won't go away soon (or at least will be replaced by something else). With how busy HS is (and is expected to be) over the next few months, eliminating something that absorbs part of the crowd seems foolish.

Really a bummer to start pulling characters in a park that has barely any rides without a height restriction - currently only one. Even after Mickey & Minnie’s RR opens, there will only be TWO rides with no height restriction (TSM & MMRR). Even AS2 has a height restriction (low, but still a restriction.) Meet and greets are great for families while waiting for rider switch. With shows being long and only at certain times, they’re not great for during rider switch especially now that there’s a time limit on the return.

We love meeting all the characters at HS. This is a bummer.

According to MDE, Mike & Scully had a very long wait all day (at one point I saw it at 45 minutes, which was three times longer than the Mickey and Olaf meet & greets at the time and about twice as long as the Vader/Chewie meet & greets). An obviously popular attraction -- it would be a shame for them to pull it.

According to MDE, Mike & Scully had a very long wait all day (at one point I saw it at 45 minutes, which was three times longer than the Mickey and Olaf meet & greets at the time and about twice as long as the Vader/Chewie meet & greets). An obviously popular attraction -- it would be a shame for them to pull it.
Mickey and Olaf have multiple rooms, while Mike and Sully don't, so a little deceiving.

I'm assuming they'll replace Mike and Sully, that is supposed to be a rotating spot.

Right? Because DHS attendance is down and they need less to do in that park.....

Absolutely ridiculous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter