• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

New update on Gingerbread Winnings- Honorable Mention and prizes!

Yeah, it figures they would give it as a prize and a few days later have it for sale.:sad2:

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:

(memories of the Everest chair fiasco are returning)

Oh and don't let Grace fool you, he gets made fun of just for existing. :lmao:

OK, things are quieting down...

LET ME FIRE YOU ALL UP!

I got made fun of because I was only an honorable mention :rotfl:

Can you believe that? I really didn't know how to respond but I think it somedthing to do with "i got more woot than wootzilla!" :rotfl:
\

Well as another honorable mention I resemble that remark:lmao:

Oh at it is the girls that got jipped we got pink minnies cause we are girls grrr and the guys got blue stitch why because stitch makes a mess so the guys more resemble him :)

I do not stand behind any of the above statements and here by swear they are all false

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:

(memories of the Everest chair fiasco are returning)

Oh and don't let Grace fool you, he gets made fun of just for existing. :lmao:

I dont dispute this LOL. I did find it particuarly odd to be made fun of for that tho. I admit to being angry for a brief moment LOL. I love the winning rooms, just maybe 1 winner might want a reality check when speaking to those who didnt win. especially one who HAS MORE WOOT THAN WOOTZILLA! WOOT!

I dont dispute this LOL. I did find it particuarly odd to be made fun of for that tho. I admit to being angry for a brief moment LOL. I love the winning rooms, just maybe 1 winner might want a reality check when speaking to those who didnt win. especially one who HAS MORE WOOT THAN WOOTZILLA! WOOT!

Definitely strange but as a person who has been made fun of all their life, I can tell you, people will always find a way to make fun of someone else. :sad2:

I promised VMK I will write to them regularly about the prize issue until they resolve it to my satisfaction. :rotfl: However, the issue seems to have died here so I'm going to crawl back under my rock. It was nice seeing you all again though! :hug:

Winners, I hope you can finally enjoy your prizes in peace! And the rest of you should be extremely proud of yourselves, whether you were a participant in the contest or not. Because as far as I'm concerned.....

With all the people who are trading the Donald gift box away, it sends VMK a message that a special participation prize really means nothing and is only wanted to be used for trading. I can't believe how many players have traded or are trying to trade their Donald gift. I bet the person(s) who decided to only give the gift box as the prize is now saying "I told you so".

We didn't participate.
We did not recieve a
particiation prize.
Do you seriously think it will not be on sale for 500 credits next christmas?
Well now that i think about it, it's certainly better than the 2 weeks the winners had to be excited about the everest chairs before they were placed in the ride-a-thon so all any one had to do was stand in line. Not required at all times to stay in their everest rooms to keep them open for hours on end.

Disney magic? The magic is an illusion.
Vmk is advertising for Disney and with their unfair decisions... bad advertising.

And the person making that decision about only giving the donald gift box? Surely you jest?
Because they sure did.

It's redundant to send the present to yourself.
So; its a gift to give a friend correct?
Friends list holds 150 right?
150-149 x 2000 = (you do the math)

Well I wrote VMK and got no response. So either it is lost in the dark hole or they are taking my letter seriously. Maybe they will give the hosts raises :)

I just now received a response from VMK! My original message to them was asking for their definition of a 'participant' and this was their response:

Hello GreenieMimi,

Thank you for your recent message and feedback regarding our
gingerbread contest.

We have recently awarded all the participation prizes to everyone that
qualified for them.

Thanks, and we hope to see you in VMK soon!

--
QA_Daisies
VMK Player Support

Somehow I get the feeling the matter is closed. Haha! Nice to see a new QA I haven't met yet! QA_Daisies!
Well, at least I did get some reply...I didn't even expect that much. :rolleyes1

I just now received a response from VMK! My original message to them was asking for their definition of a 'participant' and this was their response:

Hello GreenieMimi,

Thank you for your recent message and feedback regarding our
gingerbread contest.

We have recently awarded all the participation prizes to everyone that
qualified for them.

Thanks, and we hope to see you in VMK soon!

--
QA_Daisies
VMK Player Support

Somehow I get the feeling the matter is closed. Haha! Nice to see a new QA I haven't met yet! QA_Daisies!
Well, at least I did get some reply...I didn't even expect that much. :rolleyes1

- insert smiley for crawling back out from under a rock -:rotfl:

I got the exact same message! :lmao: So, the feedback option isn't the correct route for our complaints. Tonight I shall nominate my complaint for best guest room or maybe send feedback about a community leader? I'll keep trying all the options, always promising to continue to write to them until they resolve the prize debacle to my satisfaction. :laughing:

For those who think I'm totally crazy, well, I am. But before condemning me for it, please remember that VMK has taught us to be persistent. I'm glad all that clicking to get into host events before VMK pass prepared me for this task. :thumbsup2

- insert smiley for crawling back under a rock - :rotfl:

Ok I wrote my first letter ever to VMK in my almost 3 years of playing.

I have been playing since day one. I have seen some great changes that have made the game fun and enjoyable to play. This is the very first time I have written in. I have done every competition.
So I hope this is taken seriously.

But after the last building competition I just scratch my head and ask where is the extra Disney experience. Where is the pixie dust magic.

I understand you made a bunch of big typo errors. But no apology. That is not the Disney way.!!!!

I felt so good and so many others did when you first posted the prizes. We all felt like winners. You could of changed the color of the jackets and hats for the winners.

We really hoped you finally got it. What an amazing place VMK would have been everyone celebrating. There was no complaining it was a great feeling.

But you took the easy way out and just covered up and covered up till none felt like winners. We went from participants to others who did not win. Since there is really no way to express are true disappointment the winners get the brunt of many kids feelings. (Since I have no clue if this letter is even read) So you also ruined it for them too . It is not like this is not your first competition. And you have heard it all before spread some more pixie dust out there.

This is not and never will be your typical internet gaming sight. People join this for the Disney experience not just the great pictures you show but for the heart of Disney. So please stop trying to make it one.

I do not get why you cannot award more prizes. Based on the team ride competitions there were 33 team winners one time 44 and 200 teams so I know it can be done. Spread the pixie dust around.

I truly appreciate all the hosts do to keep VMK fun and safe. They do great work and hope they get a good pay raise :thumbsup2 But I really think the designers do not get what makes Disney special.

It is where you go to get away from the heartaches of the world. To just feel the positive energy of life.

Too often VMK does not do this they create more hurt and discouragement. For a kids game that is really uncaring. Having MS I need a place like that. Unfortunately too often it is just disappointment after disappointment. And in time I may not even be able to play a game like this. So yes today counts for me.

People judge the integrity of a company by how they handle their customers and the mistakes they make.

Unfortunately you are not doing it the Disney way. In Some ways it is an embarrassment to the Disney name.

I really hope it changes but after almost 3 years of growing pains it is time to take the Disney customer service class again.

Bring more pixie dust into the game, we know you work extremely long and hard on being accurate on the graphics, creating great items and new games. You do this extremely well :)

Maybe it is time to work on the Disney experience just as hard. If you do not know what I mean by this then you never learned it in the first place.

Still waiting for my reply not sure the prizes have already been given out will work to this letter. So waiting with anticipation to see if I get the typical automated response or something different.

PS I think the new items and placea are great :thumbsup2 but again without the pixie dust of disney it too will fade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter