• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

New update on Gingerbread Winnings- Honorable Mention and prizes!

I'm not all that upset. I was just stating a fact of what happened. I did no turn-around. I'm happy for my flag and happy for my Donald box. Yes, I would have been happier with receiving what they originally announced.
But, all I did was state what VMK did.
Is there anything in my posts that actually sounds angry?

It did read kind of angry to me, and because you tend to be a pretty level-headed person, I thought your posts were a good example of how too much was being made of this typical VMK goofup. I'm glad to see that perhaps I misread your comments. It's easy to do.

and I'm jealous of your prize!

One thing to remember which I know majority do this anyways.

The winners deserved congrats not negative insults on VMK. They worked hard on their rooms and derserve their award. I had the honor of having three come into my room last night two I never met before. They are wonderful people.

But I was sad how some people had treated them. It is funny we were comparing winnings. When I won my castle suite no one called me names.
Everyone was happy for me. I see what they are wearing is their trophy.

I still think VMK should have honored their mistake and given us a different color jacket but as you can see from the winners even they did not get what the prize was stated. Think their is a big difference from Blue to Pink/Red lol

One thing to remember which I know majority do this anyways.

The winners deserved congrats not negative insults on VMK. They worked hard on their rooms and derserve their award. I had the honor of having three come into my room last night two I never met before. They are wonderful people.

But I was sad how some people had treated them. It is funny we were comparing winnings. When I won my castle suite no one called me names.
Everyone was happy for me. I see what they are wearing is their trophy.

I still think VMK should have honored their mistake and given us a different color jacket but as you can see from the winners even they did not get what the prize was stated. Think their is a big difference from Blue to Pink/Red lol

thanks glad to see another well hearted post not saying others are against me I do to feel for you I at first thought everyone was getting the jacket and i was like that's great then vmk made a mistake which they did not admit to only change and give you guys a really stupid choice of a prize not saying the donald present is stupid just the fact that it's meant to be given away and they decided to up and give that to you instead of something better we all deserve not to be treated like we don't know a thing becuase VMK WE CATCH YOUR MISTAKES FASTER THAN YOU AND IF YOU MAKE VMK PAY TO PLAY IT WILL DRIVE EVERYONE AWAY. 2 cents

thanks glad to see another well hearted post not saying others are against me I do to feel for you I at first thought everyone was getting the jacket and i was like that's great then vmk made a mistake which they did not admit to only change and give you guys a really stupid choice of a prize not saying the donald present is stupid just the fact that it's meant to be given away and they decided to up and give that to you instead of something better we all deserve not to be treated like we don't know a thing becuase VMK WE CATCH YOUR MISTAKES FASTER THAN YOU AND IF YOU MAKE VMK PAY TO PLAY IT WILL DRIVE EVERYONE AWAY. 2 cents

If you did win, CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so happy for you! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

It is so sad that people are being mean to the winners. Wear those jackets and hats with pride! You worked hard and deserve to be able to enjoy your prizes.

People, the winners did not mess up the prize announcement, VMK did. Please direct your negative feelings toward VMK, not the winners.

If you did win and think all of the participants should have received the "participation" prizes, please write to VMK and tell them that. I don't know if it will make any difference but maybe hearing this from winners may convince them to do the right thing.

FYI, I have had four winners say to me that they would like all of the contest participants to receive the participation prizes. That's more than 10% of the winners! I'm guessing more of the winners feel the same.

The VMK team had at least two options for handling the prizes. They could disappoint 1967 people by not awarding them the prizes as originally announced or they could have made 2000 people quite happy by awarding the prizes as originally announced. VMK chose the former, I would have chosen the latter. I probably would have tossed in the Donald Gift too just for the fun of it.

Sorry to quote myself but I had another idea... :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I don't think I would have chosen the Donald Gift for this but if I had been in charge of choosing the contest prizes, I would have chosen something to award to the people who tried to enter the contest but didn't make the cut off just to say thank you for registering.

What can I say? I like giving stuff away and making people happy! :cool1:

The winners deserved congrats not negative insults on VMK.
...But I was sad how some people had treated them.

Sadly, this is true. I have had numerous 'drive-by' insults in various guest rooms and public rooms. This "participation" goof has turned into a tremendous sense of entitlement with many VMK players, and I hate to say it but some really sore losers.

I am not on one side or the other. I actually read the first announcement of prizes the way it was meant. I do think it was worded poorly but giving all the participants top ten pins was just too good to be true and not consistent with the past competitions.

For all my "participating" friends, I do wish they would have done something more for you than a Donald present. I would have loved to see you compensated with something really special for your AWESOME rooms. Not because of how many credits you spent, or how hard you worked, (if we got awarded based on that, I would not have won) but rather because you entered the contest and were led to believe you were going to receive prizes and then didn't. (And for cyre <3 I wish my gumdrops were trade-able. :flower3:)

For all of you ill-mannered players who have gone out of your way to be rude to me, I wish you nothing. You deserve nothing in return for your inappropriate behavior. In fact, your Donald present should have come with a special note.

I had the honor of having three come into my room last night two I never met before. They are wonderful people.
:hug: You are too kind.
And speaking of wonderful, have you seen Littlebelle's room? <3 it!!

Sadly, this is true. I have had numerous 'drive-by' insults in various guest rooms and public rooms. This "participation" goof has turned into a tremendous sense of entitlement with many VMK players, and I hate to say it but some really sore losers.

I am not on one side or the other. I actually read the first announcement of prizes the way it was meant. I do think it was worded poorly but giving all the participants top ten pins was just too good to be true and not consistent with the past competitions.

For all my "participating" friends, I do wish they would have done something more for you than a Donald present. I would have loved to see you compensated with something really special for your AWESOME rooms. Not because of how many credits you spent, or how hard you worked, (if we got awarded based on that, I would not have won) but rather because you entered the contest and were led to believe you were going to receive prizes and then didn't. (And for cyre <3 I wish my gumdrops were trade-able. :flower3:)

For all of you ill-mannered players who have gone out of your way to be rude to me, I wish you nothing. You deserve nothing in return for your inappropriate behavior. In fact, your Donald present should have come with a special note.

I'm sorry that you and the other winners have been feeling the brunt of insults from other players. I saw MamaCita yesterday but didn't think to ask her if she's gotten any of the fallout from rude sore losing remarks.

It was not your fault that you won. In fact, I probably would have been saying, "She was robbed!" had you not placed in the Top Ten.
I thank you for understanding exactly what's at the heart of the matter. :hug:

I think your Donald gift idea has a lot of merit! :laughing:
And yes, LittleBelle's room rocked. ;)

aww :hug: thanks see :)

And you're right on with your donald gift there ;)

Ok I wrote my first letter ever to VMK in my almost 3 years of playing.

I have been playing since day one. I have seen some great changes that have made the game fun and enjoyable to play. This is the very first time I have written in. I have done every competition.
So I hope this is taken seriously.

But after the last building competition I just scratch my head and ask where is the extra Disney experience. Where is the pixie dust magic.

I understand you made a bunch of big typo errors. But no apology. That is not the Disney way.!!!!

I felt so good and so many others did when you first posted the prizes. We all felt like winners. You could of changed the color of the jackets and hats for the winners.

We really hoped you finally got it. What an amazing place VMK would have been everyone celebrating. There was no complaining it was a great feeling.

But you took the easy way out and just covered up and covered up till none felt like winners. We went from participants to others who did not win. Since there is really no way to express are true disappointment the winners get the brunt of many kids feelings. (Since I have no clue if this letter is even read) So you also ruined it for them too . It is not like this is not your first competition. And you have heard it all before spread some more pixie dust out there.

This is not and never will be your typical internet gaming sight. People join this for the Disney experience not just the great pictures you show but for the heart of Disney. So please stop trying to make it one.

I do not get why you cannot award more prizes. Based on the team ride competitions there were 33 team winners one time 44 and 200 teams so I know it can be done. Spread the pixie dust around.

I truly appreciate all the hosts do to keep VMK fun and safe. They do great work and hope they get a good pay raise :thumbsup2 But I really think the designers do not get what makes Disney special.

It is where you go to get away from the heartaches of the world. To just feel the positive energy of life.

Too often VMK does not do this they create more hurt and discouragement. For a kids game that is really uncaring. Having MS I need a place like that. Unfortunately too often it is just disappointment after disappointment. And in time I may not even be able to play a game like this. So yes today counts for me.

People judge the integrity of a company by how they handle their customers and the mistakes they make.

Unfortunately you are not doing it the Disney way. In Some ways it is an embarrassment to the Disney name.

I really hope it changes but after almost 3 years of growing pains it is time to take the Disney customer service class again.

Bring more pixie dust into the game, we know you work extremely long and hard on being accurate on the graphics, creating great items and new games. You do this extremely well :)

Maybe it is time to work on the Disney experience just as hard. If you do not know what I mean by this then you never learned it in the first place.

Sadly, this is true. I have had numerous 'drive-by' insults in various guest rooms and public rooms.
That's ridiculous. I am very upset with VMK and this experience has ABSOLUTELY put a negative tinge on a game I have come to enjoy. However, that is not the fault of any player and no player should receive the anger that many of us feel. Sorry some are misdirecting their anger towards you. That is wrong.

This "participation" goof has turned into a tremendous sense of entitlement with many VMK players, and I hate to say it but some really sore losers.
I think you are misunderstanding some of us. I did not feel that I was entitled to anything until VMK told me that I, as a participant in their contest, had a prize pack coming to me. VMK needs to stand by that announcement.

As a former sweepstakes coordinator I can tell you that nothing would EVER get printed, published, issued, or sent until it was worded correctly. If a mistake were to happen, we would honor it. VMK's management has chosen NOT to do this, as well as not issue a statement explaining their error that affected 2,000 (ok, 1,967) people.

I am not a sore loser. Lily did not feel that my room warranted being in the Top 33. As disappointing as that is, I can accept that. What I cannot accept is that I was told I would be given a prize for my involvement and have not receieved it. That is not a sore loser or entitlement. That is asking a contest administrator to stand by their word, an excellent lesson for kids, by the way.

For all my "participating" friends, I do wish they would have done something more for you than a Donald present. I would have loved to see you compensated with something really special for your AWESOME rooms. Not because of how many credits you spent, or how hard you worked, (if we got awarded based on that, I would not have won) but rather because you entered the contest and were led to believe you were going to receive prizes and then didn't.
Thanks. It does not matter to me what VMK would have selected as the participation prize. Anything is nice. However, for them to say we win X and then change to Y (which is SIGNIFICANTLY different in perceived "exciting factor" is simply wrong.

For all of you ill-mannered players who have gone out of your way to be rude to me, I wish you nothing. You deserve nothing in return for your inappropriate behavior.
100% agree

I think you are misunderstanding some of us.
I am not a sore loser.

No, no my friend. I think you are misunderstanding me. :)
In no way was my post directed at you are anyone else here who has posted their disappointment with this situation. As you can see by the rest of my post, I do understand.

My post was as a result of endless comments made to me in the game.
In fact, cita and I just left a room of about six players insulting us and telling us how ugly we look. Kind of takes the joy from winning you know what I'm saying?

-See (who is still honored and excited to be chosen as a winner..despite what others say)

In no way was my post directed at you are anyone else here who has posted their disappointment with this situation. As you can see by the rest of my post, I do understand.

In fact, cita and I just left a room of about six players insulting us and telling us how ugly we look. Kind of takes the joy from winning you know what I'm saying?

-See (who is still honored and excited to be chosen as a winner..despite what others say)

You should ask for more original insults, but on the other hand, they aren't worth the time or effort.

Originally.. I was disappointed with VMK's prize change, but I guess it's better then a last minute change ending up with nothing?

Well I was thinking that maybe they did not know how to fix the mistake.

I think the grand winners and finalist pink/red and all their other great prizes
honorable mention say green or gray purple any color etc
and all participants blue

to me changing a color should not be that hard but not being a programmer Have no idea.

If time is an issue why not put it on sale the blue and give all participants credits to buy it.

Ugh. That's just SOOOOO wrong. :hug: By the way, you look SUPER cute in your little outfits.

Aww hugs girl, sorry to hear that. Just makes me grrr. :grouphug: Also, just to point out, it is a full moon. Could explain some peoples behavior as of late.

It did read kind of angry to me, and because you tend to be a pretty level-headed person, I thought your posts were a good example of how too much was being made of this typical VMK goofup. I'm glad to see that perhaps I misread your comments. It's easy to do.

and I'm jealous of your prize!

Well, I am a bit angry at how they got people's (especially kids) hopes up then dashed them all away without so much as an apology.
But I was never angry for myself.

Aww! :hug: :hug:

That is such a shame to see people doing this.

Gongrats to all those that did win. Your rooms are fantastic. :cheer2:

What I cannot accept is that I was told I would be given a prize for my involvement and have not receieved it. That is not a sore loser or entitlement. That is asking a contest administrator to stand by their word...
In 1965, historian Crane Brinton posited that the seeds of all revolutions sprout when the rising expectations of a group of discontented individuals go unmet.

Now, due to my own personal vendetta, I would cheer the fall of the Yavn regime. But I'm afraid I would weep at the pixelated carnage that would inevitably ensue.

Thus, my advice is flawed, but helpful. And it all comes from television shows, God bless 'em. First, "expect the unexpected." (CBS's Big Brother) Second, "trust no one." (Fox's X-Files) And finally, just keep chanting, "Dy-no-mite!" (CBS's Good Times).

Ricks (who you don't want to mess with right now because he just got back from an all-weekend "24" marathon... all the shows from the first season in one weekend, baby.... and he's a little on edge... so back off!... I don't have time for your protocols!)

I saw you in the pirates lobby and I thought you looked really cute in the new threads. Don't let the people get you down, wear your outfit with pride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter