New update on Gingerbread Winnings- Honorable Mention and prizes!

I have never, ever heard of a contest that used the word participation prize and then not given it to every one who participated.

Please show me proof of any contest that uses the words participation prize that then does not give to all those that participate.

Participation prize is a participation prize. If you participate in it, then you get that participation prize. Simple as that.
People want to continue to argue that the vast majority of us were "reading it wrong" or "misinterpreting it", etc. They obviously must have insight and/or intelligence that the rest of us sorely lack.

Sorry, but I'm NOT stupid. cteddiesgirl has said it as simply and as clearly as it can be said. You DON'T call something a "Participation Prize" when it is only going to be awarded to the few who won.

I do not think the 5 star confetti magic and 30,000 credits for grand winner is cheap at all. That is the biggest prize ever more than generous I would say.

Can't wait to get my donald present as a nice reminder of the lack of disney difference in VMK.

I have never, ever heard of a contest that used the word participation prize and then not given it to every one who participated.

Please show me proof of any contest that uses the words participation prize that then does not give to all those that participate.

Participation prize is a participation prize. If you participate in it, then you get that participation prize. Simple as that.

I never made contests written in english, so I cant show you a proof in your language but I know that Ive done some french contests and the participation prize was not for everyone and I can show proof of them.

Interesting, now the participation prizes are listed as "Grand Prize & Runner Up
Participation Awards:". Nice cover up attempt but I'm not buying it. :sad2: qruthie and bikerboy plan to return their "tokens" to VMK by leaving them in Host Phinny's room tonight with a no thank you message to whoever announced the prizes for the contest. BTW, we do have the option of selling the "token" for ten credits. Apparently the value of this "token" is 50 credits.

In the meantime, I'm having trouble parsing this:

"For those of you that didn't win, we didn't forget about you, as a token of our appreciation for your hard work, ALL the players that submitted a room for the competition will receive this prize:"

So, let me get this straight, the "token" is for those of us who didn't win yet the supposed winners also get the "token"? :confused3 That's just rich! Guess what supposed winners, in one paragraph you won but in another you apparently lost. Sorry to break the bad news to you.

My autistic cousin has a better command of the written language than the author of these announcements. :scared1:

Yup nothing like VMK to suck the pixie dust right out of you. It is beyond sad how they tarnish the good name of Disney with this crappy communication.

Are we really sure they speak english. This is the worst non participation prize at least a pin is usful to trade. But with the how do we know it is not used gift makes it pointless to trade.

And to wonder if all the letters going black hole are being systematically deleted. (Just guessing) I would be surprised if anyone got and email response.

How can we as players get them to listen, get them to care, and add that disney diiference into the game.

How can we get that special feeling in this game. Maybe we should think about how. But after almost 3 years as anything really changed.

How can we get that special feeling in this game. Maybe we should think about how. But after almost 3 years as anything really changed.

You know, I think I felt better after that first Halloween maze event.:lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao::rotfl2: :lmao:

FYI, neopets is a decent game. They are pretty harsh when it comes to banning accounts but you are allowed to create a new account right away. It's not too difficult to start over again either. I'm i_like_green_cake over there if you care to join me. The game is free and full of ads but there is a pay to play version if you prefer fewer ads. The game is never entirely ad free because they do have sponsors for some games.

You know, I think I felt better after that first Halloween maze event.:lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao::rotfl2: :lmao:

FYI, neopets is a decent game. They are pretty harsh when it comes to banning accounts but you are allowed to create a new account right away. It's not too difficult to start over again either. I'm i_like_green_cake over there if you care to join me. The game is free and full of ads but there is a pay to play version if you prefer fewer ads. The game is never entirely ad free because they do have sponsors for some games.

I did Neopets for a good few years until I was iced a couple years back (for something very dumb i might add). I still have an account on there I play stock market on, and the occasional Brucey B slots, but that's about it. Kinda lost my passion for it when my account was frozen.

Neo has gotten too big. It's too corporatized now...not the same fun thing it was. ah well. but so is life.

BTW, as a result of this debacle, I'm having to eat some serious crow.

My son, bikerboy, entered the contest. He didn't have any expectation of winning, he just wanted the participation prizes. He planned to put one piece of gingerbread and a candy cane in a room with a description saying, "Someone ate my house."

I talked to him about the spirit of the contest and how many people had tried to enter but weren't in the first 2000 entries. I felt it would be wrong for him to put no effort into his room. I'm trying to instill some sort of work ethic into this kid. So, after our discussion he decided to build an actual room with the theme of "Who ate my house?" He built a house but with pieces missing and set up the decorations so it looked like someone had been taking pieces, things like a row of gumdrops with one missing. He even took the time to try to make the room look artistically pleasing. I was quite pleased! :goodvibes Neither of us expected him to win but it was good to see him put some effort into something he perceived to be mostly a waste of time since he wouldn't win. Yay, a parenting lesson got through to him! :cool1:

Well, have any of you ever had to tell your know-it-all teenage slacker kid that they were right? :eek: He's giving me a lot of grief over this because in his mind, it just proves that his effort was pointless. To make it worse, he got his driver's license yesterday so he feels extra cocky. And, I hate to admit it but he won our "bad hair for your license picture" contest. I renewed my license yesterday so we decided to make the best of bad pictures. He had the most awesome hat hair for his picture :worship: , mine just looked bad!

I don't think I'm ever going to hear the end of this. :headache:

Well since its after 1PM PST, and all prizes should have been awarded. I guess The_Snowman got left out of the Donald Gift Prize, like he was forgot about for getting judged. (got my flag the day after the even judging ended). Unless they meant that only the top people would be garanteed their prize by 1pm. I was kinda looking forward to seeing it. Oh well.

Congrats to those who won, those who got honerable mention, and All those who participated :)

We expect VMK to live up to the high standards we've come to expect from Disney .. but believe it's ok to behave in a very un-Disney like way .. by throwing gifts back at them :confused: :sad:

We get what we pay for. :eek:

So, my Donald box is valued at 50,000 credits? That's what I paid for my non-participation / building of my Gum Drop Ski Resort.

And I think a select few are either missing the point entirely on this or just want to go against the grain. The point is NOT "getting what we pay for in a free game" nor is it "entitlement."

VMK very specifically stated that there were 3 prize groups: Winner, Runner Ups, Participation.

Those of us who participated would like what VMK promoted we would get. It's that simple really.

People want to continue to argue that the vast majority of us were "reading it wrong" or "misinterpreting it"

Then there would have been no need for further editing.
Well forgive me if i am mistaken, but when the
ole' switcheroo takes place in trading that is called scamming.

VMK very specifically stated that there were 3 prize groups: Winner, Runner Ups, Participation.

Those of us who participated would like what VMK promoted we would get. It's that simple really.

The problem is, we are confused. We didn't participate, we entered. I think. :confused3 :rolleyes1 If we had read the original notice properly, we would have known that. :confused3 :rolleyes1

Well, Idk I feel a bit scammed... I gave up credits for this, Donald gift box? Yeah It's cute and all, but spending more that 10,ooo for this?. I came in competition knowing I am not going to win, because I really couldn't sit and build with school and all. With the time I had, I did try to make it look presentable. But come on now, you give out a prize with a soul purpose to be giving to others? Yeah, it's better than nothing, but seriously... I really wouldn't have joined if I knew. I would rather buy this item than win it. I think vmk is very lucky for what it's faithful players had given it. Who knows? It could have been closed already, with out the support of the it's fans. There is many people out there who actually have lives. I am sorry that I can't sit my butt all day and win credits and buy a crap load of stuff for the hell of it in hopes of I going to need it one day. If they would be a bit more generous to those players, maybe vmk wouldn't be filled with mules. Vmk can take back their prize and the flag, I would like my credits please....

bikerboy and qruthie returned their gifts by leaving them with Fin tonight. bikerboy's message was quite rude but directed toward VMK. :sad2: I wish he had been nicer. He told Fin he was sorry and left the room without getting a treasure detector magic. I'm glad he at least showed some integrity. He did say the gift wasn't for Fin in the gift message and addressed it to VMK.

I apologized to Fin when I went in the room later and she seemed to understand. I then explained that I was returning my gift and that I would set it down in front of her so she could pick it up fast. I didn't want to make a scene. I apologized profusely to Fin for leaving the gift in her hands and made sure she knows I don't think she is at fault in any way for the prize situation. Then we exchanged hugs and did magic and hugged some more and did more magic then did some wonderful group hugs. :grouphug: I will say, it was very fun doing magic in a host room for a change! Everyone in the room seemed to be enjoying themselves, including Fin! I felt a lot better after I left the room. :goodvibes

If anyone else chooses to return their gifts as a protest, I suggest you do it as discretely as possible and without fanfare. The message should be addressed to VMK or the newsletter writers or whoever, just make sure the host knows this action is not directed at them. Phinny, Hula and Lily don't need any extra flak, it's bad enough that the only way to really show VMK you are upset with the way the prizes were handled is to leave the gift in a host room.

Now I will write to VMK through contact us to let them know I returned their "token".

regardless of how you feel about the way VMK went about it, giving your present back, while also an act of futility, is kind of silly, I mean, only 2000 of them were awarded, so they will be a commodity at some point. And they are tradeable, so you can get something for them. So, anyone who wants to give them back to VMK, dont, trade them to me. Yes, I am serious.

I am surprised that VMK did not give a T-Shirt to all 2000 of the Gingerbread Contest participants that said: "I entered the VMK Gingerbread House and Holiday Room Competition, and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt." :rolleyes:

I am surprised that VMK did not give a T-Shirt to all 2000 of the Gingerbread Contest participants that said: "I entered the VMK Gingerbread House and Holiday Room Competition, and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt." :rolleyes:

ROFL!! :lmao: :rotfl:

I got one of those ... inside my Blank Donald Gift Box. :rolleyes:

:rotfl2: T-shirt ... :like they'd give us one of those :rolleyes1

Seriously, you can do whatever you want whit them, as I discused with Q, I thought returning them was a good idea, but after cosidering it decided it was not my style. Having nothing to do with Trade value - which they apparently may have. Not sure what the feeling is on that ... Because they are a different color I might pick up a few, but right now I think I will keep the gift as a reminder of the event. Ironicly that was their intention just they won't have the memories they wanted.

I did not feel good about returning the gift to the hosts when they had little control over the issue and I think it could be hurtfull. We could have just sold them back in mass they would see that occured as well. If It could be dropped in yavn's room I might have considered it.

Moving forward I guess we just need to evaluate before in event what we expect and is it worth the price of admission, so far no competition event has gone off perfect. I will grade this a B for the event even with the prize issue. Overall that was the major issue with the event, they otherwise did a better job on the opperation they put more planning into the event untill it came to the end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter