New Value Resort : Disney Animation Inn & Suites - Coming 2012

DisneyDadNY said:
They will need 3 building to get the announced 864 standard rooms.

Each of the existing 2 buildings (just like Pop's) have 24 rooms per floor/wing. This makes 72 rooms per floor in each building * 4 floors gives us 288 rooms per building. If we take the 864 rooms announced as standard rooms and divide by 288 we get 3.

It looks like they will use the 2 existing shells plus build the third on the pad highlighted in the below picture.

Thanks! The only issue I can see - other than the one presented by Mama Steph in post # 299 - is that despite these rooms being opposite Pop's 50's section, they're actually positioned equal to the dreaded 80's and 90's in relation to Art of Animation's main building - and you KNOW people will complain about that lonnnnnnnnng walk :rolleyes2 ;)

(picture not 'quoted' in the interest of bandwidth ;) - see post # 298)

So after all those sequel movies, they are building a sequel hotel? :-( Sounds like All-Star Movies 2 to me. I would have preferred if they would have come up with something original.

I was sorta sad to see that they weren't going to follow through with the pop century theam. The golden age of hollywood...all the awesome musicals that came out....the birth of micky himself!!! the roaring 20's...

oh well it's still better than nothing but I have to agree it seems like more of an all star movie resort 2 but thats just my opinion

I know this is a crazy shot-in-the-dark question, but does anyone think there's a chance it might have a zero-entry pool? Since it's so geared for families, I think that would be so ideal!

do the Disney animation inn and suites will have some shops and arcade?

It is directly across from POP now and has been there for many years. They just need to finish many of the buildings, add statues and it'll be done.
Pop has an arcade and shop sp this one will as well. My only quesiotn is how many suites will be setup.:surfweb:

It is directly across from POP now and has been there for many years. They just need to finish many of the buildings, add statues and it'll be done.
Pop has an arcade and shop sp this one will as well. My only quesiotn is how many suites will be setup.:surfweb:
Those buildings have been up and open to the elements for so many years (at least a decade) that I'd be really surprised if they could even be finished. While site work may be almost complete (some will need to be redone), my guess is that the buildings that are there will be demolished and rebuilt even if on the same footprint.

Those buildings have been up and open to the elements for so many years (at least a decade) that I'd be really surprised if they could even be finished. While site work may be almost complete (some will need to be redone), my guess is that the buildings that are there will be demolished and rebuilt even if on the same footprint.

They are actually not in that bad of condition. They put in new windows and doors a couple of years ago, and some roof work last year...not something they'd do pending demolition. Supposedly those two buildings will be regular rooms, with probably a third to be built with the same floor plan, and the remaining buildings will all be suites.

Maybe they just did that so they didn't look so abandoned.

I think they could keep the lobby building, as it seems that it had been carefully sealed off and maybe they also kept the AC running which apparently already had been installed, as can be seen on Google Maps. This should have kept mold out of that building at least.

It's great to see the construction vehicles over at the abandoned buildings. One of the things that keeps us from booking any value resort is the uncovered bus stops/lines. I wish they would redesign the bus stops at the value resorts. Maybe that's something Disney should look into when building the Animation Inn.

I think they could keep the lobby building, as it seems that it had been carefully sealed off and maybe they also kept the AC running which apparently already had been installed, as can be seen on Google Maps. This should have kept mold out of that building at least.

I think that's one of the differences going from a value to moderate and up to deluxe. I doubt they will move away from the standard they've already set with the All-Star resorts and Pop Century.

Since when has Disney done anything to make something not look abandoned? They certainly wouldn't put in good quality windows.

If they put a pool in it will be Zero entry (ADA)

bookwormde

Just out of curiosity, how do you know for sure it would be zero entry? Do they have to do that now because of people with disabilities?

I also hope they put a pool slide in...yes I know they probably won't with it being a value resort, but a person can dream right? I'd definitely stay there my next time around!

Am I the only one who thought of those test questions: which one of these four themes is different from the other three:
nemo - animals/ocean/nature
little mermaid - animals/ocean/nature
lion king - animals/savannah/nature
cars - machines

Rather than cars, any of these would seem IMO to 'fit' better: Bambi, Jungle Book, Tarzan, Fern Gully, A Bugs Life.

I don't think Fern Gully fits in here... I'm pretty sure it wasn't made by Disney. =0)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter