New Year, New Beginnings - January 2022 W.I.S.H thread

So good news on my end. The doctor called me with the results. There is a spot that they saw. Right now it is nothing. Just a spot that looks different then the other scans I have had. It is not a mass and there is no shadowing. All good things. They will watch it closely and I will have another mammogram and ultrasound in 6 months. They just want to be on top of it if it does start to change. I am so much more relieved but I know for the next 6 months I will be doing more self exams to make sure nothing changes. It will always be in the back of my mind.

So here is my PSA -- Get your mammograms and other scans when you are supposed too. This is not the first scar I have had. I have had pre-cancer cells on my cervix that was found in my first Pap test. I have has pre cancer cells on my back as well. This was by chance that it was found. I went in for a different mole that I didn't like the look of. That one was fine but the one on my back was not. I now have scans once a year. If this spot does turn into something in the future it will be caught very early. Also with this one, I switched doctors and hospitals since my last scans. It helped them to find the change because I got my scans from the other place. It is always good to have these transferred if you switch.
Yes, I missed last year because of covid, but have been catching up this month. Glad you heard back so quickly!

Got my mammogram results today (all's fine) and was scheduled for a pap smear tomorrow but they called today and have to reschedule to next week. I was trying to get all that stuff scheduled before the 31st because after that we switch from DH's insurance plan to mine (which isn't as good as his)! And I wholeheartedly second getting those items taken care of. Over the years things have been found early and dealt with so no issues!

Had a lazy weekend (wasn't feeling 100%). The weather was cold but sunny and I loved looking at it from my window!! :rotfl2: My baby steps include walking to work. Today it was foggy and cold and gray and I thought about asking DH to drive me, but remembered how good the walk is for me!

Today's quote applies to my DH often. He'll agree to things he's not really sure he has the time or energy for, and then feel grumpy when it's time to go.

But I feel like it can be applied to health and wellness, too. I think it's important to choose diets or exercise plans that you actually feel good about, rather than ones you'll struggle to follow and end up resenting.

I've gotten much better about saying no and setting limits, particularly at work. I do still second guess myself sometimes, but in general the work conversations have been focused on physical and mental health and taking care of ourselves, so I haven't gotten any push back when I've spoken up for myself. That being said I am currently handling job responsibilities that I said I didn't want, so maybe I'm not being all that effective after all.

I will help everyone and always say yes until I just can't any longer. My sister used to take advantage of this. She was a single mom. I would drive her places because her was not reliable. I watched my nephew all the time to the point it hurt relationships I was in. I finally said no one day. She made me feel horrible about it and I cried to my mom for a long time that morning. I have gotten better as I have gotten older. I still help where I can but at times I just say no.

I will help everyone and always say yes until I just can't any longer. My sister used to take advantage of this. She was a single mom. I would drive her places because her was not reliable. I watched my nephew all the time to the point it hurt relationships I was in. I finally said no one day. She made me feel horrible about it and I cried to my mom for a long time that morning. I have gotten better as I have gotten older. I still help where I can but at times I just say no.
:hug:

It applies to food too. If I always say yes, it's not a real yes. I don't appreciate the treat as I should. It's just what I do
When I was still working there were several people that would bring food in (pastries, donuts) and had a hard time accepting a polite “no thank you.” One time I just took the $&@# donut and buried it in the trash when they left. Hated being badgered.

When I was still working there were several people that would bring food in (pastries, donuts) and had a hard time accepting a polite “no thank you.” One time I just took the $&@# donut and buried it in the trash when they left. Hated being badgered.
That’s definitely the worst. Covid has helped me because I no longer eat in the teacher’s lounge dealing with that kind of nonsense.

I was raised to be a people pleaser, and as a child of an alcoholic, I had a very hard time disappointing others by saying, “No.” It took many Al Anon meetings, lots of self-reflection, and getting older to be okay with it. Now my priorities are in order, and I really don’t care what others think.

ca69d8599b184fbcd2029c53bb6cfb0d.jpg

baked oats in mickey mold. Couldn't resist!

Woohoo... the vacation countdown has officially started. I've ordered a bunch of new t-shirts including some Disney themed ones from Lake Buena Vista Visitors, new masks, two pairs of shorts and some new sandals which I'll have to wear around the house to break in since it is way too cold to get away with sandals outdoors. My pre-vacation pedicure appt is booked and hair appt will be soon. Need to decide on Uber or parking and book the pet nanny. And I need to stop reading all the DIS threads where people are complaining and just focus on the happy Disney influencers I follow on IG, to get inspired and in the mood.

Woohoo... we had clear skies yesterday. I signed off from work at 4pm and went down to the park for a quick walk while the sun was still up. Official sunset time is 5pm but there was lightness in the sky past 5:30pm, which is such a blessing. Getting out really helped my mood and helped me sleep better last night.

I wish I don't care what others think!
It took me a long time to get here...being 57 has a lot to do with it. I'm basically done with anyone that doesn't add something positive to my life. I work very hard to be true to myself now and not let what others think affect me.

I love this quote by Rachel Hollis: "I refuse to live as half of myself because other people can't handle all of me."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter