New Year, New Beginnings - January 2022 W.I.S.H thread

Checking in from southeastern Mass. We have quite a bit of snow blowing around, and seem to have lost and regained power quickly sometime in the night. - The stove clock was blinking and the Keurig needed to be turned on.

The only actual problem is one of the fish tanks (we have a beta, and another tank with three ??guppies??, I'm not sure - they're DS's.) - Anyway, the beta's filter started back up on it's own, but the other one needs to be primed, so it was basically running without water, and I think the motor burned out. 🙁 I'm hoping they will be OK with partial water changes until we can get a new one.

57E902EF-D61E-4F30-8C45-9D051838157B.jpeg
Someone posted this on Facebook-it’s the campus where I spent 20 years in the HS library and my daughter attended all three schools.
The elementary school is on the left, HS in the middle and MS on the right.
I was so lucky to work in such a beautiful environment-and only a 10 minute commute!

Watching the replay of Nadal’s win at the Australian Open (we’re big tennis fans) and then football games this afternoon. Lazy day, for sure.
Thinking of all of you shoveling out today-our neighbor in OC texted 12 inches of snow and 2 foot drifts. We can’t get down til later this week so hoping it’s mostly melted by then!

I will post more snow pictures on Friday. They are predicting about 14 inches Thursday. Wednesday is supposed to be rain so the amount of snow we get depends on when and how fast the temp drops. Either way it will be a mess with the ice first and then the snow.

Yesterday we went to the market and got some good meat and produce. Then we went grocery shopping. After that I made homemade salsa, steak, multi colored carrots and fresh green beans. DS had to make an authentic German mean for his German class, so he made Curryworst. It is a sauce that is ketchup based that you put over German sausage. He had this last night for him and DH. they both like the sauce but not the sausage. It was a good night.

Today we had a video call with DH's family and right now we are watching New Girl with DD. Later today we will be watching football and I am going to make potato corn chowder for dinner. We are still really cold here but it will get warmer on Tuesday. It will be a a heat wave of 43 degrees.

DH and the DSs just came in from outside clearing off the deck and front walk. DD and i stayed in, she wouldn't have been able to walk the snow in most spaces was up to DS6's waist!
Last night DH had to go outside through the garage because the drifts blocked the doors. Very thankful he was working at home so I didnt have to try to clear paths while the kids were inside for who knows how long. But he was able to clear the snow fairly quickly while I made dinner. Hard to tell how much we got since so much drifted. Very thankful I did not have to try to get over to my parents. Anytime I start to feel "meh" about them no longer being at home an event like yesterday happens.
The school district already announced distance learning for tomorrow. I can only imagine what a mess the bus yards are. I got a pic from a mom who lives near one of the schools. The front walk is clear but the parking lot is completely snow covered.
Just mixed up some pretzel dough to bake in an hour or so. Might watch some football later. Our team is out so just watching the games to watch.
Cant shake the exhausted feeling it really stinks and is getting old.

My self-care today consisted of getting outside in the sunshine (since I had to shovel anyway :rotfl2: ) eating healthy fruits (pomegranate and grapefruit) and relaxing by watching several episodes of Anne with an E on Netflix.

I will post some snow pics separately, as I'm on the PC right now and they're on my phone.

It looks like we have some volunteers already for most of February:
1/31 - 2/6 - ....................
2/7 - 2/13 - Happy Grape
2/14 - 2/20 - sjrec

2/21 - 2/27 - Summer2018

But does anyone want to do next week?

View attachment 642835
Someone posted this on Facebook-it’s the campus where I spent 20 years in the HS library and my daughter attended all three schools.
The elementary school is on the left, HS in the middle and MS on the right.
I was so lucky to work in such a beautiful environment-and only a 10 minute commute!
That's so cool that the schools were all together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter