Newbie here!

Elephantay

DIS Veteran
Hello I'm a parent trying to research the DCP ( my son is doing the same)...
He's only a freshman and likely would want to try for this in Junior or Senior year, but as I'm reading posts we clearly have a lot to learn so maybe we've got time!
A few questions to start: I see now that they can't say what they are interested in, but typically is this possible? Is there any consideration for people who can't be outdoors in the heat all day?
Are there hints about how to be accepted, such as timing/number of months, or season?
Thanks!

1st .... heat and outside comment - mistake.
Do NOT say anything negative. There are thousand applying , anything negative will go against him.

It is true, no more request for certain areas. They will put you where they need you, at the day and time they need you

Thanks for this info- thats what we are trying to figure out. It may not work for him...Does the DCP have any link to internships? That may be a better option for him...
Thank you!

Any idea when they need to start applying? I have a sophmore in high school that is interested.

Hi there!

Lately, applications have been opening about two and a half months before the earliest arrival date :-) Regardless of whether you'd like to start at the earliest or latest arrival date for your season, you will want to apply as soon as that application is released online. The earlier you apply, the more spots are available for your desired check-in dates, so I recommend signing up to be notified for Disney College Program updates on their website in between seasons-- that way, you'll be among the first to know when the season begins!

My biggest tip for increasing your chances of being accepted right now is to be receptive to as many check-in/check-out dates as possible, and it definitely helps if you're interested in being a lifeguard! The Program is so heavily needs-based right now that more people are getting accepted than ever before :-) Good luck!

Hello I'm a parent trying to research the DCP ( my son is doing the same)...
He's only a freshman and likely would want to try for this in Junior or Senior year, but as I'm reading posts we clearly have a lot to learn so maybe we've got time!
A few questions to start: I see now that they can't say what they are interested in, but typically is this possible? Is there any consideration for people who can't be outdoors in the heat all day?
Are there hints about how to be accepted, such as timing/number of months, or season?
Thanks!

My daughter told them she couldn't be outside because she burns easily and is allergic to a lot of sunblocks. The interviewer was thankful for her saying something. They say it is difficult to deal with people once they are there. She was let into the DCP no problem. She was placed at QS in a hotel, so no outdoor. It was great for her.

My daughter told them she couldn't be outside because she burns easily and is allergic to a lot of sunblocks. The interviewer was thankful for her saying something. They say it is difficult to deal with people once they are there. She was let into the DCP no problem. She was placed at QS in a hotel, so no outdoor. It was great for her.
I'm glad it worked out for her!

Hi there!

Lately, applications have been opening about two and a half months before the earliest arrival date :-) Regardless of whether you'd like to start at the earliest or latest arrival date for your season, you will want to apply as soon as that application is released online. The earlier you apply, the more spots are available for your desired check-in dates, so I recommend signing up to be notified for Disney College Program updates on their website in between seasons-- that way, you'll be among the first to know when the season begins!

My biggest tip for increasing your chances of being accepted right now is to be receptive to as many check-in/check-out dates as possible, and it definitely helps if you're interested in being a lifeguard! The Program is so heavily needs-based right now that more people are getting accepted than ever before :-) Good luck!
Thank you for the info!

The problem is that there is currently no interview being conducted so there really isn't any way to express that.

The problem is that there is currently no interview being conducted so there really isn't any way to express that.

Exactly. I'm wondering how long ago this happened because I know several CPs as well as a few who are coming soon and there are no interviews. Which makes zero sense to me, but it seems like they're just desperate to place people wherever they're needed.

In all honesty, I think to avoid working outside you have to have a medical exemption and that can impact being hired. It's not that they are discriminating, but there are so many roles that are not just fully outside, but partially outside. And if those areas are the only places hiring, then a medical exemption would prevent someone from being allowed to work there. And if those are the needs and they don't need another person in an indoor location, then that could prevent someone from being hired.

They never re-started the interview process after the shutdown. The first group that came back had some that had it from the old process but of the ones arriving now they aren't doing them still. I honestly think it's just a matter of supply and demand. Once they have enough workers, they may bring it back

They never re-started the interview process after the shutdown. The first group that came back had some that had it from the old process but of the ones arriving now they aren't doing them still. I honestly think it's just a matter of supply and demand. Once they have enough workers, they may bring it back

Maybe. They are still interviewing full and part time candidates, though. So I'm not sure why they wouldn't interview CPs. That would probably help with appropriate placement.

Exactly. I'm wondering how long ago this happened because I know several CPs as well as a few who are coming soon and there are no interviews. Which makes zero sense to me, but it seems like they're just desperate to place people wherever they're needed.

In all honesty, I think to avoid working outside you have to have a medical exemption and that can impact being hired. It's not that they are discriminating, but there are so many roles that are not just fully outside, but partially outside. And if those areas are the only places hiring, then a medical exemption would prevent someone from being allowed to work there. And if those are the needs and they don't need another person in an indoor location, then that could prevent someone from being hired.
Thanks- Whats something that is partially outside?

Thanks- Whats something that is partially outside?

A lot of attractions have inside and outside roles when the lines start outside. Restaurants sometimes have cast standing outside to greet, help with mobile ordering, reservations, etc. Some merchandise locations have both inside and outside roles, custodial is both in/out.

Sorry, I forgot they don't do interviews anymore! If there is a medical reason a person can't be outdoors they could fill out a form. A safe bet for indoors is QS which is usually a very easy role to get. If he got assigned something different he could just fill out the form. I would also recommend doing DCP in the Spring- the weather is much cooler and less humid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter