News Round Up 2017

I'm beating a dead horse, but I think Dinosaurs are perfect theme for a land. I think most just think that given the amount of detail apparent in Animal kingdom for all the other "land", it definitely feels incomplete or done poorly. The boneyard is good, the Dinosaur attractions is good(yes it could be better) enough. It's the chester and hester stuff that really sort of becomes the let down, and is out of character with the rest of the park. I don't think the rides themselves are awful, but theme is just not there. I'd rather see vegetation similar to when Dinosaurs roamed the earth whether it be fake or modern equivalents. I'd even be happy to see it include the ice age side of things, of beasts long gone. There is so much possible.
Maybe they could move Ellen's energy adventure there

Kids?! Ugh Cameron no.

So Avatar 2 is going to focus on kids? That sounds absolutely terrible. I don't think I've ever watched a movie where the first features adults and the second moves to kids that is actually a good story.

Two of my favorite movies did this and they were crap. The Mummy and the new Zorro. It was like, once a kid was put in the movie we had to have all these dumb little kid jokes and the little kid had to be the most special, luckiest SOB ever.

Which was just a stupid move, kids don't need things 'dumbed down to their level'. I don't like to use that saying in this situation, but it's like the writers/directors must think kids are stupid and need poop jokes and need the kids to be action heroes. Which they don't, evidenced by kids loving the original Star Wars and Indiana Jones.

This just does not make me excited for the Avatar sequels at all.

I'm going to reserve judgement on this for now - I think it will depend a lot on the story they tell. Kids can carry a good story line (e.g. Harry Potter, Hunger Games) to build a franchise around...perhaps this what they are hoping it will become. I agree if they dumb things down it will not be good, but if they continue with the themes of the first one (all living things are connected, taking care of the planet, modernization/colonization vs. indigenous culture) and have mature character development I think it could be good. I don't know how much the development of the land and the development of the movies were connected, but it could also be a decision to go in this direction to make the land itself more interesting/sought after by kids.

Military salute tickets have been renewed for 2018! I tried to link it but I don't think Steve at militarydisneytips.com had it updated yet. I just got his email.

Good News!!!

It's official. Hocus Pocus sequal in the works!

Bad News...

No original cast from 1993 film, despite all 3 "witch" actresses expressing desire to return to franchise.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/09/hocus-pocus-remake-sequel-disney-channel-new-cast

I saw the DIS post this on facebook this morning.

I have less than 0 desire to see this. Disney Channel movie? Ugh. This is going to be terrible. I don't understand why they can't do a sequel instead. I will not be watching this. And if Disney isn't concerned about pulling in the original audience who watched the original they are being very foolish.

I saw the DIS post this on facebook this morning.

I have less than 0 desire to see this. Disney Channel movie? Ugh. This is going to be terrible. I don't understand why they can't do a sequel instead. I will not be watching this. And if Disney isn't concerned about pulling in the original audience who watched the original they are being very foolish.

a lower quality remake of a "cult classic" makes zero sense. I'd be up for like a television series that is a follow-up or something but just a remake to me is dumb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter