News Round Up 2017

I saw the DIS post this on facebook this morning.

I have less than 0 desire to see this. Disney Channel movie? Ugh. This is going to be terrible. I don't understand why they can't do a sequel instead. I will not be watching this. And if Disney isn't concerned about pulling in the original audience who watched the original they are being very foolish.
I saw this info popping up on my FB feed today. I'm disappointed honestly. For a while now we've heard rumors (even if they were complete made up ones) about a sequel with the original stars.....and now we're getting this? Maybe it will work for the newer crowd but seems like a failed opportunity for those who love the original one and those are the ones that turned it into a cult classic which Disney obviously has been milking the last couple of years.

I saw this info popping up on my FB feed today. I'm disappointed honestly. For a while now we've heard rumors (even if they were complete made up ones) about a sequel with the original stars.....and now we're getting this? Maybe it will work for the newer crowd but seems like a failed opportunity for those who love the original one and those are the ones that turned it into a cult classic which Disney obviously has been milking the last couple of years.

I agree, I think we've all heard rumors of the sequel with the original witches in the works.

I think I agree with the question that Craig and Ryno always ask on DIS Pop: does this movie need to be made? What can it add?

I mean...everything just works with this movie, which is why it is still beloved and going strong. What could a new look possibly add to the movie??

I do hope some of it is available on the shop park app or something ... I don't need everything but would like one or two things that say EPCOT 35 on them without spending a fortune/promoting people buying up tons of items just to sell on eBay

Me too, I really want the Magicband.

Well hopefully I can grab that mug on Wednesday if they have enough stock.

The mug has my attention. Maybe I just jet down for October 1st to pick up some merch and leave ;)

Maybe I just jet down for October 1st to pick up some merch and leave ;)
We are heading down in a couple of weeks. If love to say it's just a super quick trip to celebrate my birthday. And for my birthday I wanted MNSSHP party merch. :rolleyes1So.....its doable....just saying...

great film! Though, sort of funny that much of our chatter today has been about how Disney Data Scientists are working hard to figure out how to squeeze another quarter out of the guests and this video starts off with music saying "the future belongs to dreamers"
Dreamers with a large pocket book...

All this discussion comes at an interesting time for me. I have always wanted to work for Disney but somehow someway as an Imagineer. My college choices have reflected that wish. I am currently in a class where we have to give a presentation based on a career we would like to have. Of course I chose an Imagineer. Discussions like this make me think do I really want to do that? I would love to be part of making the magic no doubt but the more limited freedoms that imagineers have and the way the company has changed almost make me think about what other careers I could want.

All this discussion comes at an interesting time for me. I have always wanted to work for Disney but somehow someway as an Imagineer. My college choices have reflected that wish. I am currently in a class where we have to give a presentation based on a career we would like to have. Of course I chose an Imagineer. Discussions like this make me think do I really want to do that? I would love to be part of making the magic no doubt but the more limited freedoms that imagineers have and the way the company has changed almost make me think about what other careers I could want.

It would probably be best to just keep your eyes open at this point. Still maybe do the college program and then try to do a professional internship just to try it out and have the experience. But also give other options a chance and maybe try to do another internship, non-Disney, before you graduate.

I think it is important to keep a few things in mind:
- There are a ton of different skill sets within Imagineering ... and you can see the creativity with Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - even Pandora, or even the Space restaurant coming. Yeah, the data scientists might be focused on maximizing revenue today but there are still creative forces in the company
- As Bob Guhr says, don't wish to be an Imagineer - wish to do Imagineering wherever that takes you

I agree, I think we've all heard rumors of the sequel with the original witches in the works.

I think I agree with the question that Craig and Ryno always ask on DIS Pop: does this movie need to be made? What can it add?

I mean...everything just works with this movie, which is why it is still beloved and going strong. What could a new look possibly add to the movie??
Well, to me, the same question could be asked about all the old animated classics being remade into live action...WHY? (other than the obvious MONEY angle, of course)

It would probably be best to just keep your eyes open at this point. Still maybe do the college program and then try to do a professional internship just to try it out and have the experience. But also give other options a chance and maybe try to do another internship, non-Disney, before you graduate.
I am definitely going to try at least the college program or a professional internship. I also have looked into other things as well. I think it would be really cool to work on large scale projects like stadiums or arenas for example.

I think it is important to keep a few things in mind:
- There are a ton of different skill sets within Imagineering ... and you can see the creativity with Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - even Pandora, or even the Space restaurant coming. Yeah, the data scientists might be focused on maximizing revenue today but there are still creative forces in the company
- As Bob Guhr says, don't wish to be an Imagineer - wish to do Imagineering wherever that takes you
I definitely agree there are plenty of creative forces within the company I just think they aren't given the freedoms they once were. Will I feel unsuccessful if I never work for Disney? No, but it is a goal I have had for a long time.

Well, to me, the same question could be asked about all the old animated classics being remade into live action...WHY? (other than the obvious MONEY angle, of course)

Well, at least Maleficent made it from the villain's point of view and really changed up most of the story.

Jungle Book brought in the angle to make all the animals look super realistic.

I can't argue for Beauty and the Beast (I was not a fan of the live action re-make anyway).

Mulan sounds like it is going to be very different.

I might get some heat for this, but I seriously doubt the Disney channel will do a different angle. I think it will be a direct remake with their young stable of stars.

I definitely agree there are plenty of creative forces within the company I just think they aren't given the freedoms they once were. Will I feel unsuccessful if I never work for Disney? No, but it is a goal I have had for a long time.

I hear Universal gives their creative a lot bigger budget and more free rein. That could always be something to look into.

oh, I totally here that and get it .. one regret I have looking back is I didn't explore the College Program

Me too! I wasn't as big a fan of the parks as I am now, but I actually did briefly consider doing it with my friend. Then of course we both forgot and never pursued it. So stupid, especially since I hear doing the college program gives you a big leg up if you ever want to be employed in a different capacity with Disney.

News

Reports are Minnie Vans have started today at Contemporary and BLT
That should cover the Deluxes, right? I hope they start on the Mods sooner than later...we're going to try to use them for our Halloween trip (Beach Club) but in March we're staying at POFQ - party of 5, so they would be very cost effective for us to use for Late nights or early AM breakfasts....

That should cover the Deluxes, right? I hope they start on the Mods sooner than later...we're going to try to use them for our Halloween trip (Beach Club) but in March we're staying at POFQ - party of 5, so they would be very cost effective for us to use for Late nights or early AM breakfasts....
Are Old Key West, and Saratoga Springs included yet? That would be the last two Deluxe/Deluxe Villas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter