News Round Up 2017

Flight of the Navigator getting a remake produced by Henson Co. I'm kind of excited about this project. I was really young when the original movie was released so I only remember the fun parts. The rest of it was way over my head. I think it is a really good story that could benefit from an update.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/80s-alien-abduction-adventure-flight-of-the-navigator-i-1818965444

I shouldn't be, but for some reason I'm intrigued with this one.

Flight of the Navigator getting a remake produced by Henson Co. I'm kind of excited about this project. I was really young when the original movie was released so I only remember the fun parts. The rest of it was way over my head. I think it is a really good story that could benefit from an update.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/80s-alien-abduction-adventure-flight-of-the-navigator-i-1818965444

i am too - this feels like something that could benefit from an update/remake much more than a lot of other projects

So, I've been pretty out of touch the last two weeks.wondering if rumors out there or news about the 20% restaurant discount for AP holders that is supposed to end on the 30th of September? I would've though there would be news by now if it was extended. (If not extended they may just keep quite about it.)

is this the same thing you are referring to? Per a recent update it has been extended to December 23rd 2017:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passholder-program/

Dreamers with a large pocket book...

All this discussion comes at an interesting time for me. I have always wanted to work for Disney but somehow someway as an Imagineer. My college choices have reflected that wish. I am currently in a class where we have to give a presentation based on a career we would like to have. Of course I chose an Imagineer. Discussions like this make me think do I really want to do that? I would love to be part of making the magic no doubt but the more limited freedoms that imagineers have and the way the company has changed almost make me think about what other careers I could want.
I've worked in "regular" engineering for 20 years at a consulting firm. Our work is driven by what the customer wants. In those 20 years, most customers (not all, yet) have gone from wanting well-thought-out, well-engineered designs to "I don't need it to be great, I just need it done and I don't want to pay a lot for the design."

If that's what's happening in the rest of the private sector, I guess it would make sense for it to be happening at Disney at some point, too.

But if my example holds, that also means that you could be just as happy at Disney as you could be anywhere else...

So, I've been pretty out of touch the last two weeks.wondering if rumors out there or news about the 20% restaurant discount for AP holders that is supposed to end on the 30th of September? I would've though there would be news by now if it was extended. (If not extended they may just keep quite about it.)
Hey, this just popped up - apparently it HAS been extended through Dec 23...

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passholder-program/?CMP=SOC-43007WDWAP45thBenefitsFacebook870

ETA: OOPS...I see TheMaxRebo already replied...:o

Looks really nice - looking forward to reviews of Baseline Tap House

This will help that area a ton. It was very claustrophobic feeling with those construction walls up against the path.

I can see that - though I suspect this area will only feel more open until Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge opens and there are the hoards of people waiting to get into the land

pretty limited food options but decent brewery list - though pretty basic stuff from each brewery .... hopefully they have some rotating options as well

That passionfruit wheat is the standout for me, I'll definitely be stopping by this Wednesday to check it out

That passionfruit wheat is the standout for me, I'll definitely be stopping by this Wednesday to check it out

I agree, that is one that stood out to me (though I have already had it, actually at the brewery ... it's pretty solid and actually probably one of the best options on that list for when it is a hot day).

Just think for like Stone and Lagunitas there are much more creative options than just the IPAs (for example)

So last night a new link showed up on my Roku for Disney Now. I guess this might be the very beginnings of their streaming service. It puts all the Disney channels that I have access to together. So instead of having different links for the Disney channel, Disney XD and so forth, they are all under one banner now.

I agree, that is one that stood out to me (though I have already had it, actually at the brewery ... it's pretty solid and actually probably one of the best options on that list for when it is a hot day).

Just think for like Stone and Lagunitas there are much more creative options than just the IPAs (for example)

Yeah and Laguinta's is everywhere but perhaps that's a friendlier choice for people too. I know my boyfriend would probably order any Laguinta's on the list knowing it would be something he'd like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter