News Round Up 2017

Anyone have any info on why Flights of Passage and Navi river have been down today? My family's only day at animal kingdom, and we may not get to do any Pandora rides. Very disappointing.

So last night a new link showed up on my Roku for Disney Now. I guess this might be the very beginnings of their streaming service. It puts all the Disney channels that I have access to together. So instead of having different links for the Disney channel, Disney XD and so forth, they are all under one banner now.
Disney Now is just the combinations of the Disney channels onto one app. They said the Disney Streaming service will be operate form this.

Anyone have any info on why Flights of Passage and Navi river have been down today? My family's only day at animal kingdom, and we may not get to do any Pandora rides. Very disappointing.
No info but this appears to be the case. Disappointing for sure but unfortunately sometimes things like this happen. I hope you get a chance to experience the attractions.

No info but this appears to be the case. Disappointing for sure but unfortunately sometimes things like this happen. I hope you get a chance to experience the attractions.
The fact that both rides are down is interesting. I wonder if a server got hacked?

Disney Now is just the combinations of the Disney channels onto one app. They said the Disney Streaming service will be operate form this.

Ah then I had no news at all hahahaha. Have we ever got any word on what the streaming service will include?

Is it going to be all historic Disney cartoons/shows/movies and such?

The fact that both rides are down is interesting. I wonder if a server got hacked?

Disney won't really tell you what happened. When I was there earlier in September, I waited 4 hours outside just waiting for it to open. I know most people would have left and they did, but I had nothing else planned so I stayed and waited. Got to talk to some people.

All we found out was that the CM's that usually work inside the attraction were NOT allowed to go into the building. So, there are a lot of CM's just walking around Pandora that morning. The rumor had it that the big lightning storm that rolled through that night struck the building, so they had to do a complete sweep of the building to make sure it was safe. That was not confirmed, but that could be a possible reason since both attractions are down.

PP, I hope you get a chance to ride Flight of Passage! It is an amazing ride! Also, if it does open up, and you do not have a fastpass, get in line right before the park closes. You won't wait as long as you will during the day.

Yeah and Laguinta's is everywhere but perhaps that's a friendlier choice for people too. I know my boyfriend would probably order any Laguinta's on the list knowing it would be something he'd like.

yeah, my favorite of theirs is the Undercover Shutdown (that that is named after when they got shutdown by an undercover cop due to all the pot and drug activities going on, so not super Disney friendly) - but even something like the Little Sumpin' Sumpin' would be more interesting but still approachable

Disney won't really tell you what happened. When I was there earlier in September, I waited 4 hours outside just waiting for it to open. I know most people would have left and they did, but I had nothing else planned so I stayed and waited. Got to talk to some people.

All we found out was that the CM's that usually work inside the attraction were NOT allowed to go into the building. So, there are a lot of CM's just walking around Pandora that morning. The rumor had it that the big lightning storm that rolled through that night struck the building, so they had to do a complete sweep of the building to make sure it was safe. That was not confirmed, but that could be a possible reason since both attractions are down.

PP, I hope you get a chance to ride Flight of Passage! It is an amazing ride! Also, if it does open up, and you do not have a fastpass, get in line right before the park closes. You won't wait as long as you will during the day.
It must be something else this time because there have been no storms here all week.

I hate that for you. This is why I don't think I will ever be able to let go of doing Park Hoppers. I would be terrified of something similar happening to me. I certainly don't mean this as a criticism as everyone does touring their own ways. It is just a very nice (though admittedly expensive) safety net to have, on top of preferring to tour multiple parks most days anyway. Now that we've gone so many times, I have debating just dropping the hoppers, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I don't think I've ever spent an entire day in any park other than MK. Though when SW:GE opens, I suspect that will change.

That really sucks. They really should do something for people if the ride(s) are truly down the entire day especially given that is the big draw to that park right now (it's not like a random ride at MK is down)

I am definitely going to try at least the college program or a professional internship. I also have looked into other things as well. I think it would be really cool to work on large scale projects like stadiums or arenas for example.
You needa design a new stadium to lure the raiders back to Oakland

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter